Hyundai i10 Second Service Precautions

Thread Starter #1
Next week my dec 2010 model hyundai i10 which has clocked around 1900 kms will be going for its second service.

1.What things are done in the second service?
2.What mistakes do the ass people genraly do during the second service, which i should take care of?
3.What would be the cost of each component adjusted or replaced during the second service? I mean approx total cost of the second service?
4. Which is the most reliable hyundai service centre in delhi and ncr?

Last edited:
Re: Second service precautions.

Alok, have a look at the manual, all the things which need to be changed/inspected. I am not sure whether Hyundai puts the Synthetic oil or Mineral oil. If its Mineral oil, ddo get the oil changed. Furthermore get the air filter cleaned. You can also report issues if you are facing any.
As for precautions, just make sure you check out everything after the work is done.

350Z

Core Team

Are mere priye mitro meri querry ka jawab to do.. I need help yar!! 350Z m waiting for our reply
Sorry for the delayed response, Alok. Guess, this thread must have buried under other threads. Nonetheless, back to the topic. As Akash said already, Hyundai A.S.S will replace the Engine oil (You’ll have to pay for this, so get this done only if needed). Additionally top up other liquids too, such as gear oil, brake fluid to name a few. Apart of this, they’ll clean the air filter / oil filter etc, but avoid opting for injector cleaning which should not be required. Rest, a thorough power wash / under hood wash / dry wash as they always do. Good luck.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #5

Sorry for the delayed response, Alok. Guess, this thread must have buried under other threads. Nonetheless, back to the topic. As Akash said already, Hyundai A.S.S will replace the Engine oil (You’ll have to pay for this, so get this done only if needed). Additionally top up other liquids too, such as gear oil, brake fluid to name a few. Apart of this, they’ll clean the air filter / oil filter etc, but avoid opting for injector cleaning which should not be required. Rest, a thorough power wash / under hood wash / dry wash as they always do. Good luck.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Well my car has not even crossed 2000 kms yet so is it still necessary to change oil and filter?and is there going to be a problem in the third service if i skip this?i mean warranty related?

Since your car has crossed just 2000KMS and its just the second service i don't think any thing will be changed or charged unless you have any complaints. Just normal check up will be done and proper wash will be given. Bill amount must be Rs.0 if nothing is changed! Do service your car regularly at specified intervals else it will void your warranty.

Well my car has not even crossed 2000 kms yet so is it still necessary to change oil and filter?and is there going to be a problem in the third service if i skip this?i mean warranty related?
It depends on you. If you ask me, i dont think you need to change the oil if the car has covered just 2000kms after the previous oil change. The A.S.S guys may say blah blah about the warranty void etc, so try to convince them by asking them to change it after a month. However if they dont agree you dont have any other option.

350Z

Core Team

No. You won't have to change any of the filters.

Drive Safe,
350Z

hey buddy, dont worry much..in 2nd service they will only change oil and clean filter etc if its needed.. your car is still new so enjoy! [cheers]

350Z

Core Team
Do i need to remove the floor mats?
There's no need to remove the floor mats. They will clean it along while washing your car. Just make sure to empty the glove box, boot and other storage areas. Also if your car has an aftermaket music system, detach its head unit. The service manager will prepare a checklist of items present inside (Spare wheel, music system, speakers, wheel covers etc) in front of you before they begin servicing your car. In case they do not, insist for the same.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12
Today i took my car there.. it is still there... i will collect it at 6 pm.The adviser said that washing is still left but engine oil and oil filter have been changed.But i couldn't c any oil stains on the floor so i guess they have not changed the oil filter..should i still believe that the oil filter is changed??

350Z

Core Team
Today i took my car there.. it is still there... i will collect it at 6 pm.The adviser said that washing is still left but engine oil and oil filter have been changed.But i couldn't c any oil stains on the floor so i guess they have not changed the oil filter..should i still believe that the oil filter is changed??
I guess only simple oil filter cleaning should have sufficed this time.

Drive Safe,
350Z

You should have asked them not to change the oil if you did not wish to get it changed. The oil change intervals are pretty flexible even when your car is under warranty. Further more if you are not sure whether they changed the oil or not, then better look at it by yourself. Just open up the hood and have a look at the texture of the oil.

Hey buddy don't worry much too much , Hyundai are reputed manufacturers and they probable wont cheat like that! They charge more but the quality of work is always good!

Hope your car is as good as new now.

Top Bottom