Hyundai i10 Power Steering Issue Post-Servicing

Thread Starter #16
Hi,

Guess I am late for this thread! Anyway let me light up here with what ever I know.[angel]
The part replaced here is steering yoke plug which is also known as steering damper. The faulty yoke can be identified by turning the steering 180 degrees left and right when the front wheels are in straight position. You can feel a small tap vibration and a mild thud sound on the steering wheel.
Now for repairing, the yoke is located inside the steering rack. The yoke plug has to be replaced and adjusted and tightened in an apt ratio for smooth steering. I guess the tightened yoke is the culprit in your case. But it will get loosen on running.

Regards,
Suresh
Thank you Suresh for the detail explanation, I hope only its gets better day-day and they haven't replaced my Steering assembly with the faulty one, I heard from many customers that Service Center do change the parts with faulty ones and change good parts stating they are bad or damaged.

Hi All,

Just came across this group. My i10 car was manufactured in year 2011. Last year (dec-2017) when I gave my car for service, the Service Assistant told me that steering noise is coming when we give full throttle but said we can still drive. In the last three months when I give full throttle on the right and when the steering comes back to normal I hear the 'Tak' sound.Yesterday I gave my car for service and had the service assistant Road test done. He confirmed that the sound is coming, but also told me I can still drive the car.

He further said, I need to replace the entire Steering column. He also added its not too urgent, you can still drive. I said I am planning for a long trip, he said it should not be a problem. Also he told cost of replacement would be 9000 for the replacement of the column and 1500 for service charge + gst.

Is it required to replace it right away or can I wait?

Top Bottom