Hyundai i10 Mussoorie Trip: Oct-2011

Thread Starter #1
I visited Mussoorie on 22nd and 23rd Oct'2011 clocked total 643KM with three fills on entire trip of Rs. 1200, Rs. 1400 and Rs. 1500 respectively.

Route taken:

1) Delhi to Mussoorie: Delhi-Meerut-Muzaffarnagar-Roorkee-Haridwar-Rishikesh-Dehradun-Mussoorie

2) Mussoorie to Delhi: Kempty Fall- Mussoorie-Dehradun-Saharanpur-Roorkee-Muzaffarnagar-Meerut-Delhi

I started early by 5:30AM from Delhi and reached Mussoorie by 2:00PM, breakfast and Maggi break was taken on the way missed the lunch enroute though manage to take halt on grand cheetal while my return journey, no prior booking of hotel was made as it was off season and on top of that
weekend ahead of Diwali so no crowd at all on mall road deserted by 8:00PM i cant believe this.

After reaching mall road i directly went to GMVN Garhwal Terrace hotel and find that hotel is almost empty may be 1 or 2 family was staying at that time,
they quoted Rs. 2020 for semi deluxe room but i managed to bargain that to Rs.1520, after check in taken rest there for few hours by 6:00PM temperature dipped so much that we started shivering purchased some winter cloths (forgot to carry woolens) then roamed on Mall road thought
of having dinner at Sagar Ratna but caught unaware as it was closed, after some shopping we are back to hotel by 08:30PM had dinner in room.

Next morning we started our journey to Kempty fall we are ready by 7:30AM in the morning got my car cleaned at the hotel and checked out of hotel by 08:00 AM and headed straight towards Kempty fall, reached there in an hour taken couple of photo breaks eroute.

Paid Rs. 160 (per couple) for rope way ride from parking to Kempty fall, which was empty at that time but i must say climate was so good that we enjoyed
it thoroughly, in the past i used to visit this place in peak seasons but found that it's more fun in off season.

Now time to go back home we started our journey back to Delhi from Kempty fall by 11:30AM and reached Delhi by 08:00PM we had taken Maggi break near Mussoorie while descending and also taken one food break at Grand Cheetal.

Roads were awesome after toll plaza which started right from Muzaffarnagar it was amazing, exception was only near Saharanpur roads were roads are in pathetic state with huge traffic jams on them.

So now its turn for pics, find below pics from Delhi to Mussoorie:

1.jpg

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

Thread Starter #2
Re: i10 Mussoorie trip: Oct-2011

Day-1 contd...

Day-1 pics from Delhi to Mussoorie continue below:

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

Below pics of GMVN Mussoorie (Garhwal Terrace)

DSC02021.JPG

DSC02022.JPG

DSC02029.JPG

Thread Starter #3
Day-1 contd...

Find below the pics of GMVN Mussoorie (Garhwal Terrace) and Mall road:

DSC02033.JPG

DSC02038.JPG

DSC02075.JPG

DSC02077.JPG

DSC02102.JPG

Thread Starter #4
Day-2 contd...

Find below pics of GMVN Mussoorie (Garhwal Terrace) to Kempty fall journey and Kempty fall

DSC02133.JPG

DSC02135.JPG

DSC02136.JPG

DSC02138.JPG

DSC02169.JPG

DSC02179.JPG

DSC02183.JPG

DSC02207.JPG

Thread Starter #5
Day-2 contd...

Find below couple of pics each of Kempty fall and Rajaji national park through which we returned to Delhi:

DSC02211.JPG

DSC02227.JPG

DSC02248.JPG

DSC02251.JPG

Above post concludes my Mussoorie log.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
nice pictures [:)] i forgot how mussorie looked like , its been years since i last went there. but you refreshed all the memories[;)]

and seriously going to a hill station refreshes one's body and mind. away from all the pollution and Delhi's traffic and all other tensions [frustration]

one should make a trip to any hill station every 6 months i feel.

Thread Starter #7
nice pictures [:)] i forgot how mussorie looked like , its been years since i last went there. but you refreshed all the memories[;)]

and seriously going to a hill station refreshes one's body and mind. away from all the pollution and Delhi's traffic and all other tensions [frustration]

one should make a trip to any hill station every 6 months i feel.
Glad to hear that allhyundaicars, yes you are right hills away from cities hustle and bustle are stress busters for people like me and you. I usually visit hills every alternate month without them it would be difficult for me to continue my daily routine quite addicted to them.

@Toughguy:
You are a damn traveller buddy.Really hats off to your touring spirit.
Although it was a great travelogue but still you haven't enjoyed the place anything more than 20%.Why?Because your exploring spirit needs to be futher enhanced.
Next time you go Mussoorie,then instead of entering Mussoorie just take the byepass and keep on climbing the winding road.After moving about 5 kms you will find out fantastic natural beauty.
After moving about 20 kms you reach Dhanaulti,a fantastic place to explore natural beauty.
And after moving further 10 kms you reach the very famous place of Surkanda Devi.It a very famous temple.
And 20 kms ahead is the Indian's largest gravity Dam called 'TEHRI DAM'..
Here are some pics to tell you what you still missed by just not moving 30-40 kms:-

Attachments

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Glad to hear that allhyundaicars, yes you are right hills away from cities hustle and bustle are stress busters for people like me and you. I usually visit hills every alternate month without them it would be difficult for me to continue my daily routine quite addicted to them.
wow that's great [:)] i just want to take my new car out of delhi[:D]
did you go to dhenaulty ? see my experience in my thread. or below.

@Toughguy:
Although it was a great travelogue but still you haven't enjoyed the place anything more than 20%.Why?Because your exploring spirit needs to be futher enhanced.
Next time you go Mussoorie,then instead of entering Mussoorie just take the byepass and keep on climbing the winding road.After moving about 5 kms you will find out fantastic natural beauty.
After moving about 20 kms you reach Dhanaulti,a fantastic place to explore natural beauty.
And after moving further 10 kms you reach the very famous place of Surkanda Devi.It a very famous temple.
Here are some pics to tell you what you still missed by just not moving 30-40 kms:-
i went to tehri dam and dhenaulty as well.
looking down the dam was unimaginable. felt so good and scared at the same time.

dhenaulty experience was not so good[:D] i mean there was no road. and only 1 vehicle could go on that road. and we were stuck many times just because some truck had to pass.

its been years , so don't really know how was the overall experience. if i find any pics. i'll upload it here.

@Allhyundaicars:
It looks like you went there either during snowfall or some 10-11 years back.Why?
Because for last 4 years I have been driving on his road(We visit Surkanda devi nearly every two months) but I have never felt the problem faced by you.While we drove cumbersome cars like Innova,Safari,Scorpio etc etc.

Or maybe you are talking about the road which passes through interiors of Mussoorie.That road is such a crap,that many times many people get trapped on a point in the Mussoorie where there is a steep incline and amazingly that road is not even as wide as our single lane ones are..[frustration]
Else Mussoorie byepass is a good road.
Next time you go Tehri Dam,instead of watching it from above,have a look at it from view point near a bridge called 'zero point' or go down on the Srinagar Garhwal road and then see,you will be amazed by the size of this megastructure.

You haven't found pics and I am afraid of taking pics,my camera seldom comes out of the dash while on trips...[lol]

Thread Starter #11
@Toughguy:
Thanks for your lovely words buddy.

Although it was a great travelogue but still you haven't enjoyed the place anything more than 20%.Why?Because your exploring spirit needs to be futher enhanced. Next time you go Mussoorie,then instead of entering Mussoorie just take the byepass and keep on climbing the winding road.After moving about 5 kms you will find out fantastic natural beauty.
I visited Dhanaulti numerous time (usually visit Mussoorie once in a year) stayed in both GMVN and Hotel Drive Inn, if everything fall on palce then i may visit Mussoorie and Dhanaulti (or HP) again on 18th May (my birthday) or in monsoons near 15th August weekend. I love this place in monsoon.

Tehri is in my pending list [:)]

did you go to dhenaulty ? see my experience in my thread. or below.
Yep not on this trip, as i got only 24hrs in my hand [:D]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@tsivipul
i last went to mussoorie in september,2009 and i'm sure the road from mussoorie to dhenaulty was very bad. i don't rememebr which road we had taken but all i know it was not the best :P

i think we were not allowed to take any camera or anything on the dam. so thats why cannot find any pics[:D] aah will definately ask the locals there about that zero point[;)]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
you mentioned grand cheetal right. unfortunately it has been closed [confused]

the favorite stop of anyone going to mussoorie. aah will miss the good food and all the lovely birds and flowers there[:)]

Buddy how is it possible?
I mean,the pics I have posted are of July 2009 when I myself spent about 15 days in Mussoorie itself in a guest house(cousin brother is a contractor and he got some road repairing contract there)and I daily used to drive to Surkanda devi in morning.But I had not found any such issue.

Ah,I think your love for your car made it bad for you,I mean you may not like passing just a inch or two away from the trucks.But I do..

Camera is not allowed inside the Dam,in fact to see it inside you need to get the permission passes from the DM of Tehri(if you need you can contact me).Outside you can click as much pics as you want.Let me search mine...

Guys which grand cheetal you people are talking of?The one in Khatauli or somewhere else?

@Toughguy:
When you took Haridwar-Rishikech route.Why didn't you took the Chilla road via chandi ghat?
Its a fantastic road with river running parallel to it for some 25-30 kms.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
you mentioned grand cheetal right. unfortunately it has been closed [confused]
How come this be possible, i visited Grand Cheetal (Khatauli) in Jan'2012 first week at that time it was open, to visit Grand Cheetal you have leave the main expressway road and drive for 3-4 Km (approx) on older road, it was still there. When did you last visited that place?

@Toughguy:
When you took Haridwar-Rishikech route.Why didn't you took the Chilla road via chandi ghat? Its a fantastic road with river running parallel to it for some 25-30 kms.
I found that route little deserted compared to main route.

Top Bottom