Hyundai i10 Magna: Spare parts and ABS fitment

Sorry to hear that the bill is so high. The behaviour of Reliance was expected. They try every trick to avoid paying the claim. I suggest you switch to some other company next year. Try and avoid Reliance & ICICI. There are many cases of these 2 companies cheating customers.

IMHO, bajaj allianz is one of better insurance companies and you can negotiate a bit on the premium. Anyways sorry to see your beloved damaged. Do start afresh after repairing it.

Thread Starter #33
After the Service I have couple of Iron parts, ie. Bonnet and the Iron Cashing before the Compressor, these two are heavy metals my friends suggest me to take them, does those needs to be with Servicing center or with us or will Insurance guy will claim them? As I dont want the same bonnet dented, painted and sold back to customers of my sort as a brand new part. Your advices and support is much appreciated.

Hopefully my car will be delivered today.. :)

I am not confident enough but AFAIK, these parts are claimed by Insurance company or SS, not sure though.

Hopefully my car will be delivered today.. :)
Dont forget to post the pictures of your ride as soon as you get them.

Thread Starter #35
Hello Guys,

I am so exicted to have my lovely car back, just 10 mins back I drove it back to my place and even the final Settlement is as well very decent.

Total Cost42300 out of which 29900, is the Insurance claim I paid 12400. [cheers]
Forget the money gone from my pocket, I am exicted to get back my lovely beast....

Thanks EveryOne... For your excellent support and help. Will share the snaps of my car very shortly.

Congrats krajubh, i can sense your excitement from your post itself. Waiting for the pics.

I actually went ahead and sent a mail to Hyundai asking them if it was possible to retrofit ABS , This is what they replied
"Not suggestable,because parts required as follows:ECM,WheelSensors, Drive shaft,Wheel disc, ABS Unit, approx cost is 2.50lakhs."
I find this weird as the difference between Magna and asta(which has abs) is just approximately 1.5 lakhs.I am hopeful that in the days to come there would be aftermarket abs providers

2.5 lacs [surprise]. Hyundai is just trying to discourage you from doing so. 25k sounds ok max 50k. i dont think anything more than that makes sense.

Also its not advisable to go for after market abs. its a strict no.

2.5 lacs [surprise]. Hyundai is just trying to discourage you from doing so. 25k sounds ok max 50k. i dont think anything more than that makes sense.

Also its not advisable to go for after market abs. its a strict no.
Aftermarket abs is a strict no. However i still dont know why its not possible to fit abs in lower versions of the car when the higher versions have abs pre-fitted. Surely it should not cost more than 30K

Assembly line fitting has a specific torque given to every fitment. However in case of after market, the fitting is not 100% perfect. Hence company people discourage after market fitment.

Re: Magna i10, Spare parts and ABS fitment

How much would a new pair of front bumper fog lamps(Round), switch and wiring cost for a Hyundai i10, Kappa1

Top Bottom