Hyundai i10 Magna: Spare parts and ABS fitment

Sorry to hear about your incident.

Do keep us posted about your repair process.

On the contrary, I don't think ABS would have helped you to avoid banging the truck.

ABS is not designed to improve braking performance or reduce the stopping distance.

ABS will prevent your wheels from locking up and will give you control of the steering while braking.

Maybe, just Maybe, you could have steered away while you're in the braking process if you had ABS. Even then, skinny or worn out tyres will not do any good.

Also, our instincts and reflexes have a bigger role to play than just technology [:)]

Am a bit late buddy but sorry to hear about your incident!

+1 to Paramesh's statement!

But now lesson learnt even my next car will have the basic safety features atleast!

Hope you get back the car on road soon and its better to claim insurance , i think your bill will be in excess of 10k for sure!

After market fitment is a strict NO in case of ABS. These service centre guys may promise you anything. However if these guys are not able to fix simple problems, then how will they fit a device like "ABS"?

Good points krajubh and perfect para. And dhaya, yes, no car without safety features.

ABS is active safety. Nowadays its must have. Every car manufacturer should give atleast ABS rather than ICE.

Thread Starter #19
I appreciate each one of you who are giving thier valuable inputs.

One bad news was service over my car has not yet Started, even when I enguired every day. Yesterday finally Reliace almost gave a shock, it took me couple of hours to come out of the shock, this happened like this.

Yesterday morning I called up service center and asked the status on my car they said Reliance guy told them there is an issue with my insurance and they have to wait till he gives a go, immediately I called up the Reliance Agent and enquired about this, he said he will give me a call after 1 hr.

And yes he did call me and gave me shocking news saying the Insurance copy I attached with the claim form is invalid, indeed it is not a valid insurance, I guess, as the cheque I used to renew my insurance has got return from citi back.[frustration]

I agreed to this guy as when I tried to renew with cheque I happened to write cheque over a rugged surface(As agents are not allowed in side our office) and citi rejected it and it happed in the month of Sep2010, after that I was sick and out of station for a month, when I come back I noticed my cheque was rejected I immediatly called Reliance agent and paid premium in full cash for that I got Different cover note. I narrate same to the claim guy but he said he could not locate my policy.

And I asked this to Reliance Claim guy why this policy is still active even my cheque rejected he said, it happens automatically, what kind of coding are they doing in reliance.

I had a good habbit of keeping all documents, so with the covernote of the one I paid in cash when searched in Reliance site I got a new insurance policy on my name from Nov 10 till Nov11, shocked I immediately informed the claim guy so now a new Claim got raised yesterday.. with the new policy.

Can you believe how two policies from same insurer can be active for same car even for one I did not pay?[frustration]
And do u guys dont believe as when I paid in cash and as common my policy was never sent to my mailing address or on my email ID, I went to reliance customer care and got the invalid Policy document. As then I was not able to search with my cover note?

Finally hope atleast today work on my lovely car will start.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the reason my dad never pays the insurance premium in cheques! Its always better paying in cash to avoid such hassles!

Something like this happened to my cousin few years back! And he ended up paying the entire bill which was over a Lakh for his Safari!

His car got involved in an accident! And the cheque he gave for insurance got returned back the same day his car got involved in the accident!

350Z

Core Team
Hey 350Z,

Thanx a billion over the youtube link, which gave me a clear picture of the scope of accidents. And it is true that I was in Indeed driving in a safe speed, i.e no above 50KMPH. Yesterday I spent halfday with my Service Center and logged a claim from Reliance General Insurance for around 30k with fingers crossed ;)

The agent at the service center appreciated me for the control and low speed I am driving when I met that accident, I just told him that I hit a truck after applying breaks, with his experience he told that I was in less speed and had in deed controlled the car so is the minimum damage, this adds a great relief to me. :)

Now I have my analysis,
1) Never Ever dare to drive close to autoWalas:
I have been doing this since I got my car, so I have not got ever a scratch so far by them.
2) Safe distance have to be maintained with trucks.
This one as well I did in low speeds but that distance was not adequate.
3) As allways I drive slow over Wet Surfaces as I know I lack ABS.
Now I have to remember the same rule on dry road and based on the object travelling before you.
The best part is that you and other occupants were absolutely safe. Also, your analysis is correct. Do visit our Road Safety & Driving Sense section, there you will find some interesting and informative discussion threads. By the way, How’s your car now, is the work done?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #24
Hello Everyone, Thanks for your guidance and valuable tips. Wish you all and TAI Happy Republic Day.

After accident when I first Visited Kun Hyundai Service Center, after looking at the accident they said roughly it would be around 20k to repair the car. And as Kun Hyundai does not provide cashless service from Reliance Insurance I happened to Tow my car from Kun Hyundai to Talwar Hyundai Tolichowki Hyderabad. They gave a rough figure of around 35k before opening up the components as after the mess up I had with reliance, and finally after reliance approved for the repair, they gave me a wooping.. 58K and out of which they are saying around 20 K I have to pay out of my pocket.

I had the components list with price, painting and labour charges.. will update it by tomorrow or day after tomorrow. I have following two questions:
1) Does any one of you have any experiences with Talwar Hyundai?
2) After the Service I have couple of Iron parts, ie. Bonnet and the Iron Cashing before the Compressor, these two are heavy metals my friends suggest me to take them, does those needs to be with Servicing center or with us or will Insurance guy will claim them? As I dont want the same bonnet dented, painted and sold back to customers of my sort as a brand new part. Your advices and support is much appreciated. Hopefully my car will be handed over to me on Thrusday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #26
Hello Everyone,

Here are my unfortunate incident snaps of my car..

::: Pic 1:::
Front View of the incident.

::: Pic 2:::
Side Left bumber view

:::Pic 3:::
Final snap of the incident.

So thats the summary of the incident which costed around 58k, I had the list of all the items the service center guy is going to change for me. but that is a huge list for which I need little more time to share the details.

Hmmm i think 58k is a bit too much for this accident! You need to replace bonnet , bumper , grill thats it! I think even your fender and headlamps are not damaged! Internally are there any damages?

Hmmm i think 58k is a bit too much for this accident! You need to replace bonnet , bumper , grill thats it! I think even your fender and headlamps are not damaged! Internally are there any damages?
Here are the damages mentioned in previous post(#3).

Complete Front Bumper == 100% Damage
Radiator Pipe = 100% Damage
Radiator = After the accident I see only the Radiator collent off the road, not sure on the Radiator
HeadLights = Front Passenger side light came out but it is in working conditoin
Two Ditchs on the Hood == How much would this usually cost to get removed.

350Z

Core Team
Ouch. Sad to see your car in that condition. I think, the bill is just too much but it depends what exactly the damage is inside. Please post the spare parts list so that we can get a better idea. Also, try consulting with other Hyundai workshops too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #30
Hello there,

Here is the scan copy of the Job Sheet, I have got from the Hyundai Service Center can any one share ur views if I have been over charged.

And about the compressor, I have seen two 3 inch crush on the mettal plate and small cracks over the radiator fan. Seems that comes as a single set all are tightly coupled, but I see all the above diff charges.

So I wanted your views on how can I bargain with this service center or the above are genuie rates with all Service Centers, I need some feedback over the Talwar Service Center in Tolichowki Hyderabad.

When I called the Service Center guys on 25th of this month, they said painting is underway I can pick my car by tomorrow i.e by 27th as 26th is a holiday.

Can any help me if I can save any on going on with a discussion with the Service center?

Top Bottom