Hyundai i10 (1st Gen) 1.2 Magna 2009: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI Friends!!I am a newbie to this forum.This is my first post.So please forgive me if I do a mistake.
The love for cars started when I was just a 1st Standard Student when I drove the KINETIC HONDA.It was our second vehicle.Since then,the passion for vehicles has increased in me.I'll start the ownership review.

Deciding on which car to buy:
We had a Maruti 800 which was a pre-worshipped beauty.We was its third owner and it served well for a year with us.It had just 45k on the odo when we brought it and we made another 15k in it.We took care of it very well and my dad was very close to it.My dad decided to sell it and get a new car.We sold it for Rs.60k
Cars Considered:
1.Hyundai Santro Xing ECO-A good car with a brand name of HYUNDAI
2.Maruti Suzuki Swift-Again a good car,but cramped interiors.So Swift ruled out.
Again came to Hyundai Showroom and test drove the I10.Felt very happy.Then,I decided that it was I10 and my dad and mom agreed with it.[:D]
Model and Variant:Hyundai I10 1.2 Magna
Color Selection:
1.Silver
2.Changed to Champagne Gold
3.Silver
4.Atlast changed to Chamnpagne Gold
Delivery And Booking:
Went to the Chandra Hyundai Showroom at Peelamedu road and booked THE BEAUTY on January 14,2009 with a booikin amount of Rs.10k.The color booked was Champagne Gold.Returned home happily.
The delivery was scheduled on February 6,2009 and took the delivery.Drove straight to the Kamatchiamman Temple,did a Pooja and took it home.
Experience with THE CHAMPAGNE BEAUTY:
From day 1 it has been serving well.No niggles or whatsoever.We have driven 39k till now and we have changed the silencer and clutch wire,and changed the front tire.The maximum load we have put in this vehicle is 7 members from Coimbatore to Mettupalayam.
Fuel Efficiency:
12-13 kmpl in City with AC
17-18 kmpl in Highways with AC
Accidents:
1.Kissed the divider and a small dent[frustration]
2.Stuck in the ditch and a small dent[frustration]
After Market Accessories:
The stock horn is very silent and have changed to the ROOTS VOLKSWAGEN TYPE HORN worth RS.1350.Since it is the MAGNA variant it did not have a stock ICE.So the ICE installed is PIONEER MP3 Player with USB/AUX Support with 2 Speakers and 2 Tweeters.Seat Covers from Chandra Hyundai has been put.Floor Mats from Chandra Hyundai.
Updates Planned:
1.Seat Cover-Leather
2.Neon Lamps
3.Spoiler
4.Alloy Wheels
Other Vehicles Owned:
Honda Unicorn Dazzler-Cherry Red Color
Here are some pictures of THE HYUNDAI I10
Sorry for the poor picture quality

Attachments

Re: Ownership Review Of My Hyunadai I10-1st Gen-1.2 Magna-2009

Many congratulations on your i10 kappa magna and thats a nice crisp long term report of your ownership.
Share some nice clear pictures of your ride.Those are some good FE figures of your i10.
Can share what was the price of your car when you brought, with price breakups.

bhvm

Honoured Member

hello and welcome!
that was a short a crisp review!

looking forward to more details and mods.
I too own i10 blue boy.

Thread Starter #4

Thanks Friends-Vijay and bhvm
The On-Road Price in 2009 was Rs.4.5 Lakhs

My dad doesn't like any mods to the vehicle and so only its in stock condition
But the planned updates will definitely be done to it.

THE CHAMPAGNE BEAUTY doesn't trouble us.It is like a Person in the family and we take great care of it.

And Friends I have a doubt.
Will installing a K&n Air Filter affect the mileage or pick-up of the car?
Please help ma Friends
Thanks In Advance[:)]

Hi,
Post some more clear images to have a look of your i10 beauty. Since your car was working fine and doing the job regularly without trouble, then why you are planning to install K&N filter?

Thread Starter #6
Thank You Ambylover

I said my plan of adding a K&N AirFilter to my dad,but he rejected it.
I asked it because I had a doubt.Nothing else Ambylover.
I could not upload the pictures because the capacity for an image to be uploaded is 1.00 mb.But the images I capture are exceeding 1.00 mb.Surely I will upload the images of the I10 in a couple of days.

Thread Starter #9
Here are some more Pictures Friends!Very Sorry for the late reply!Please forgive me Friends!Your Valuable Comments are always Welcome!

Attachments

Hi,
How is the service in Chandra Hyundai Service Center. Kindly share your opinion about the same, it will be helpful for me.
Another Service center near Singanallur is going to be closed very soon. So we need to utilize the only available Chandra Hyundai.

Thread Starter #11
Hi Ambylover!
We don't service @ Chandra Hyundai.After all the free services we did another one,but they did not do well.So,we do the service @ Shiva Auto Garage,CBE.They do well.

Hi,
How is the service in Chandra Hyundai Service Center. Kindly share your opinion about the same, it will be helpful for me.
Another Service center near Singanallur is going to be closed very soon. So we need to utilize the only available Chandra Hyundai.
They are good. I recently did my 2nd service and all went well without any fuss or drama. The bill came around @ close to 2.8k I guess. But their response was good and I will continue.

BTW Have you guys tried the new Hyundai A.S.S Ashirwad Hyundai? It is in Nanjappa Nagar.

@VaishakDazzler
Where is that Shiva Auto Garage located at? How good are they? What are the service cost compared to Chandra Hyundai?

Servicing regularly @ H.A.S.S will fetch you some decent resale value. So I am a lot afraid and apprehensive of servicing my car anywhere other than H.A.S.S.

Thread Starter #13
@furious driver it is on the way to Peelamedu.As we don't have any interest on selling the car,we don't look at the resale value.We will be keeping the beauty with us only.No idea of selling it.
How about any performance upgrade on i10?Please send me the link,if you know something about it.
Thanks

There's an Petes box authorized dealer in Avinashi Road it seems. You better enquire there and see if they can do something for i10. If you get a green signal, then I will also try to get some upgrade.
Address :
K R Auto Care
Contact Person: Mr A.Kanagaraj
Address:Avinashi Road
G.K.R.Nagar
entrance Chinniyampalayam post
Coimbatore – 641062
Mobile: +91 96886 09999
Email:krautocare@gmail.com

Why you don't want to sell this car? Any reason? Just asking out of curiosity. I always keep it as a rule to change cars once every 4 years.

Top Bottom