Hyundai i10 (1st Gen) 1.2 Magna 2009: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #16
Hello Friends ! It has been a long time since an update. Was very busy with my studies. The Champagne Beauty has been doing very well. The whole clutch assembly was changed during November 2015 (not sure) @ 40,***kms. Will upload the bill in a few days. The Champagne Beauty celebrated his 7th BirthDay on February 6,2016. Done numerous trips between Coimbatore and Mettupalayam. The current odo reading is 46,9** kms.
The city mileage is between 10-12 kmpl.
The highway mileage (Coimbatore - Mettupalayam trips) is constantly 15 +1/-1. Very happy with The Champage Beauty.

Friends, your valuable comments please !

Here are some pictures I took on Sunday.

Yours truly with The Champagne Beauty

Tried my hand on editing (2nd pic)

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18
congrats.

it's recommended hide the registration plate before uploading photos.
Thank You Friend! Will surely follow your advice from now onwards.

Dear Friends,
My dad is planning to get a rear wiper fixed. During the rainy seasons, the rear visibility gets limited. Chandra Hyundai guys quoted Rs 4,500 for the rear wiper. Will it cost this much? Also, id it possible to fix a rear defogger ? If yes, please help me with the costs involed, durability, etc.

Cherrs

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
1..rear wiper costs 800 for the Blade. are you looking to purchase the entire assembly (with motor etc) then yes it will be that expensive.

2. if your car didn't come with defogger. you'll have to replace glass and add wiring/switches. it will also be expensive.

Thread Starter #20
1..rear wiper costs 800 for the Blade. are you looking to purchase the entire assembly (with motor etc) then yes it will be that expensive.

2. if your car didn't come with defogger. you'll have to replace glass and add wiring/switches. it will also be expensive.
Yes ! We are looking for the whole wiper assembly. Thank You for helping me out.

Regarding the rear defogger, replacing the rear glass with the one on the Asta or Sportz variant will only be possible, right? How much will it cost? Can I expect the cost to be below Rs 6k ?

bhvm

Honoured Member
hyundai parts are surprisingly expensive. it's better if you find glass and rear assembly from a scrap/ damaged vehicle (if you thoroughly check that they're working). then you can get it fixed from a reputed Mechanic.

however, going with showroom is always better for peace of mind. just expensive. I'm afraid I don't know the prices.

Thread Starter #22
UPDATE :
Time for an update, after a long time. Blame it on my laziness and the busy schedule I was going through. The odometer now stands at 66k kms. The vehicle is running less since the TATA Nano joined the garage. Only the occasional weekend trips which range between some 200 kms to 300 kms. The only notable change is, I have installed a touchscreen stereo bought from Aliexpress. It costed me around Rs3700 inclusive of delivery charges. From now on, will try to update the thread regularly. Let me attach few pictures.

Regards,
VaishaK MurugesaN

Attachments

Top Bottom