Hyundai i10 1.2 Magna Ownership Review (2011)

This problem persists within all i10's till date. Unless and until they redesign it (which they won't[evil]) the problem will stay.

Instead on investing on Sharukh[clown], they should use this amount on finding the correct and permanent solution.

Thread Starter #17
My i10 update:

My 9 months old i10 1.2 manual is giving me 12kmpl fuel average in city and 13kmpl on highway with ac on. Only issue i am facing with this car is steering rattle noise which is very annoying HMP Delhi repaired it four times in last few months but problem reoccurs every time, after all this R&D on my car by Hyundai my i10 steering becomes hard to operate now i finally gave up and living with this mess, AC is fine, engine is a gem to drive.

attaching a mail below from one of the numerous i had written to HMIL in past

steering noise1.JPG

Thread Starter #18
Third service update:

Got third service from HMP Mathura road, odo reading crossed only 8K mark in one year and total billed amount was INR 1724 which includes oil change, wheel alignment and balancing etc.

Horrible experience with Hyundai service center this time, booked my i10 service after 3days of effort that too through my known contacts as numbers mentioned on Hyundai's official website (41678352,41678353,66379878,66379879) is simply not working when i tried two weeks back.

I requested my SA for interior cleaning but he refused for same saying this is not worth and your car is already clean :( i also complained him about the pathetic fuel average which is less than 12kmpl currently. I requested him to drop my car after service to my office before 6PM for which he agreed.

I regularly inquired about status of my car at 2:00PM, 4:00PM and 5:00PM, on each occasion he told me that my car is ready and he will be sending it soon, when my car didn't reached to my office till 6:00PM i called my SA again but to my utter shock he still have to send my car to me and when i scolded him for the delay he told me to collect my car on my own after all this drama my car reached my office by 7:00PM, i had to wait one hour at the office because of delay.

Overall Hyundai service is pathetic.

See my all posts related to hyundai. These are bunch of jokers fit for nothing. Even their CEO is the same.

Be prepared for many shocks in future from hyundai. My suggestion, do not leave your car alone in workshop.

Atleast in Pune hyundai one of biggest dealer is involved in all kinds of malpractices. As they tried putting in manual gear oil for my auto transmission. More over their manager said 'whats the big deal, it's gear oil after all'

Last edited:
Thread Starter #20
i10 updates

Car crossed 9K mark, my wife occasionally took this car to office and quite satisfied with the performance of the car.

Few days back front tyre of i10 hits a sharp steel object which left a deep cut on side walls and results in tyre blast, this incident happened while parking in office by my wife.

Since she didn't able to change the tyre by herself i called Hyundai road side assistance and they acted promptly and reached her office in 45 minutes and changed the tyre, Hyundai provides 2 years of free RSA which surely is quite a useful thing.

Picture 002.jpg

Check the damage to the tyre, MRF dealer quoted 2800 bucks for new tyre

Also got the entire interior cleaned of our beloved i10 from local shop for 400 bucks which includes pressure wash, outer body wax, seat covers and roof cleaning. All this took 3-4 hours check the results below:

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

@Tough guy

Please do not take my words in any kind of offence. within driving of 9k kilometers these many issues and Hyundai service seems to be a pathetic one. I had been always thinking till now why people opt this Korean brand as it is expensive to buy, expensive to maintain and no peace of mind finally !! my opinion is not just for I10, but applies to all Hyundai cars.

Thread Starter #22
@Tough guy

Please do not take my words in any kind of offence. within driving of 9k kilometers these many issues and Hyundai service seems to be a pathetic one. I had been always thinking till now why people opt this Korean brand as it is expensive to buy, expensive to maintain and no peace of mind finally !! my opinion is not just for I10, but applies to all Hyundai cars.
My wife liked her car very much and we opted for this one just because of this sole reason.

From first month steering noise problem occurred in this car which still continues, Hyundai refused to accept that any noise from steering is coming. We are now learn to live with it.

They spoiled our new seat cover with grease mark all over while four repairs and refused to clean them even when i am paying for that, SA told me that "koi fayada nahi saaf nahi hoga" this is his words. When i complained in Hyundai for this they agreed to clean the same, but this time i got it cleaned from outside.

Apart from above experience everything is going fine, had horrible experience with Maruti also will share in separate thread.

Regards,
TG

My wife liked her car very much and we opted for this one just because of this sole reason.

From first month steering noise problem occurred in this car which still continues, Hyundai refused to accept that any noise from steering is coming. We are now learn to live with it.

They spoiled our new seat cover with grease mark all over while four repairs and refused to clean them even when i am paying for that, SA told me that "koi fayada nahi saaf nahi hoga" this is his words. When i complained in Hyundai for this they agreed to clean the same, but this time i got it cleaned from outside.

Apart from above experience everything is going fine, had horrible experience with Maruti also will share in separate thread.

Regards,
TG
Hey friend,

Sad to note this kind of experience with Hyundai. This steering rattle is there in I10 & I20 both and I drove the new I20 and I found the same but Hyundai people never agreed for that. Where I said Maruti is better in service, they are also becoming adamant, lazy and arrogant these days(with my personal experience with my present car) !!

To be frank, TATA service has really improved these days than these two companies. According to me Fiat,VW,Skoda,Chevy people respond well and do some good service. But spares availability is a problem with them.

There will be stories of every company on the service if I am right, but we need to see the % of such problems and their response to an issue.

Very informative discussion for those who have intended to buy this car like me.... I am now standing at the crossroad! Where to go? Whom to be contacted? etc...

Tough Guy, sorry to hear about such bad experience with the dealership of your new car,i know this is not what u expect from any dealership.Luckily till now i havent felt any steering rattling issues with my new i10 recently brought.
hulachawngthu, well its a superb car in the 4L budget and nothings wrong with this car.I owned tata indica since 8 years and havent faced any single issue or bearkdown with my ownership as compared to many horror stories i have heard and seen with some friends family circle for indica's as well.

Thread Starter #27
Fourth service and first paid service update

I-10 completed 9799KM and it got first paid service today from HMP Mathura road. Paid 4271 bucks for normal service, in last 6 months or say from last service this car covered only 1000KM. Got this service as per the manual which recommends service after every 6 months or 10K KM. Car is running fine and giving fuel average of 10-11KMPL in almost all condition.

Below are couple of pics after the fourth service along with the bill.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Toughguy, is that steering noise still persistent after this service as well,i heard that there were some recalls from hyundai taking steering assey to rectify these steering noise that many owners complained of, will give you the details as i get them from a friend,which part was changed and all.

Thread Starter #29
Toughguy, is that steering noise still persistent after this service as well,i heard that there were some recalls from hyundai taking steering assey to rectify these steering noise that many owners complained of, will give you the details as i get them from a friend,which part was changed and all.
Vijay noise is quite nominal now and we are use to it now, i discuss this issue with my SA during the latest service of the car where he informed me that this noise is common in i10 due to EPS assembly hitting something which i do not able to understand.

I lost hope of it's repair and not in favor of giving my car to Hyundai for R&D.

Top Bottom