Hyundai i10 1.2 Magna Ownership Report

i10 Magna is also a good choice. However do stick to kappa rather than irde. Also have you finalized on alloys? I am thinking of 5 spoke plati 556 design. It can be found on ::PlatiIndia.com:: Alloy Wheels for Every car, Design of Future. website. Somehow I have chosen 13"
Reading all reviews, ownership threads on various forums etc., I have not seen a Kappa giving more than 13 Kmpl. The IRDE gives about 16 Kmpl. Also when you drive there is not much difference in the city. Infact the initial pick up of the IRDE is better. I somehow don't trust the Kappa. When I mentioned these facts to the dealer, he was just smiling.

BTW I checked out the last Magna. Found that the right fender was loose and fouling with the door when opened. Look at the panel gaps compared to the left side. I told them that I will only buy if they give me a further discount (substantial).

Not yet decided on the alloys. But surely it will be 14". Tyres will be 185/60/R14. Tyre and alloy brand and model not yet decided.

Attachments

Last edited:
Peter, if you are not comfortable, do not buy the kappa. Also do check thoroughly this single left out car if you do plan to buy this one. And do not forget to check the classic "steering rattle" on rough road.

Actually I don't want to risk taking the Kappa even though everyone says it's superior. The IRDE is also a proven engine. The Kappa2 was supposed to address the problems (FE) of the older Kappa. Don't know whether they have succeeded.

BTW what is this steering rattle?

If FE is your top-priority then you can go for the IRDE itself Peter. So your going to buy black?

All the above designs will suit your Black i10 , First one is good but a bit common now! I would suggest the last one , or the previous one before that.

Actually FE is not the top priority but the extra power of the Kappa is not very evident. Also the initial peppiness is missing in the Kappa. Basically Hyundai have got it wrong with the Kappa and they're trying to rectify it with the Kappa2.

Regarding the alloys, most of the designs are common. I don't want to go for anything too jazzy. My wife's favourite is the first followed by the 2nd and 3rd.

Thread Starter #38
Good that you are happy with irDe.

I would even ask you to settle with 1st design as it will look neat

Top Bottom