Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa mileage on road

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I have a Hyundai i10 Sports (1.2L Kappa) which is almost 4 months old and I have driven up to 5500 KMS and the millage I get in city is 11.7 with 60% A/C on and millage in highway is 17.4 with 100% A/C on. When I discussed about the millage issue with the service adviser he say that is what expected in the city. I would like to know from the existing users of i10 is that the millage and is their any possibility of millage getting increased after second service (1000 KMS service).

They way I check the millage is fill the tank till it automatically stops and 0 the trip meter and drive till the fuel indicator becomes on and then repeated the same for almost 7 to 8 times, I will be averagely running around 353 KMS for every fill with 30 Ltrs.

Hello Krishnan,

Welcome to The Automotive India & have a great stay.

Mileage what ever you are gettting is good one.

My best figures of Hyundai i10 1.2 Magna

City 10-12Kmpl

Highway 15-17kmpl

After 2nd & 3rd service tuning.

Hmm.. you can't expect anything more out of 1200cc beast [;)]

Welcome to TAI Krishnan. The method which you use to check the mileage is correct. Mileage depends on driving style and conditions a lot. I feel its a little less but Zinam has said that its perfect!

Zinam are you sure? That mileage sounds a little low for me! My Verna delivers better figures than i10 then!

Yes diesel but still mine is a bigger engine and a heavier car and still gives better FE. Forget my Verna , my Safari can give 10kmpl in city and around 14.5kmpl in highways! Its a 3.0L engine and weighs more than double of i10.

I am not arguing buddy but i feel i10's FE is a little on the lower side. i20 which is a slightly heavier car gives the same FE.

Krishnan,

Your mileage figures are correct. My cousin's i10 kappa1 manual transmission gives similar mileage. Hence you dont have to worry.

I too own i10 kappa1 auto asta, however my mileage is 12-13 kms/l with 100% AC in city and @19 with 100% AC on highways.

I also calculate it by full tank method.

Dhaya,

The figures are not really low, you can't expect more out of 80bhp car :)

That is marginally good figure & there is no compromise on power & I just love it

Hello fellow i10-er! My dad's estimated our Magna 1.2's FE to be about 13kmpl in Namma Bangalore, and 17 on the highway with 100% AC. But these figures are not based on exact calculation.

Well, considering Trafficjamalore's bumper to bumper traffic, I too feel your Sportz's FE to be perfectly normal. It just might be that my dad's driving is really, really spirited, and we don't usually drive in high-peak weekday traffic.

Hi,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I have a Hyundai i10 Sports (1.2L Kappa) which is almost 4 months old and I have driven up to 5500 KMS and the millage I get in city is 11.7 with 60% A/C on and millage in highway is 17.4 with 100% A/C on. When I discussed about the millage issue with the service adviser he say that is what expected in the city. I would like to know from the existing users of i10 is that the millage and is their any possibility of millage getting increased after second service (1000 KMS service).

They way I check the millage is fill the tank till it automatically stops and 0 the trip meter and drive till the fuel indicator becomes on and then repeated the same for almost 7 to 8 times, I will be averagely running around 353 KMS for every fill with 30 Ltrs.

Krishnan.. A warm welcome to the forum. Nice choice of car indeed. Do yhou revv your car more and frequently change your gears? That may be a reason for your mileage being little less. Again, i say little less since it is just 1kmpl off from the average 12-13 expected in city traffic.

:offtopic: Pls post your ownership review along with the photos of your new car. Its a crime to post review without pictures :P

Hi Automotiveindians,

I am fresh to this forum and posting my comment as i am also holding 4 months old 1.2 i10.

Dear Krishna,

You are better compared to my mileage. I have 4 months 3000kms driven 1.2 kappa i10 & it gives 9km/l in Chennai city during peak trafic hours with 70% ac (8-30am) & (7-30pm).

On highways, i get 13 kmpl with 100% ac. hope to get improvement after 2nd service at 5000kms / 6months.

Cheers...

My feedback on 110 mileage

Dear All Theautomotiveindians,

I am sathya & new this forum.[cheers]

Dear Krishna,

I have i10 kappa which ran 3000kms in 4 months. I get 9kms [lol] in Chennai City trafic during peak hour drive with 70% ac. On highways, get 13kmpl with 100% ac.

I hope to get improvement after 2nd service.

Be happy[:)][clap] krish with your mileage.....

Welcome to TAI BSN18! Well yeah peak-hour traffic in Chennai is really worse! Your running is a bit high , you could have gone in for diesel.

I'm consistently getting 13 kmpl in the City and 18 kmpl on the highway.

In the city, I do not exceed 60 kmph. I'm mostly light footed with occasional revs to 4000 RPM during overtakes :)

I'm using only Shell super unleaded petrol for the last 6 months.

Top Bottom