Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent: Technical Problems & Solutions

Yesterday i was waiting in my Grandi10 for one friend with ignition OFF and blower + music ON. He came after 45 mins. Tried cranking my car and it refused to start. On dashboard, Trip A and Trip B counter were reset to zero. During all this, the blower and music was still running smoothly, i tried rolling windows Up and Down which also were smoothly operating.

At last need to try "Dhakka" (push) start with the help of my friend. The engine roared back to normal. Driven 25 Kms from there to visit one relative. Parked the car their for 2 hours. The car started smoothly later as well.

My car is still running on OEM (Exide 40Ah) battery for 4 years. Is it time to change battery or because of blower the battery drained out?

Can other Grandi10 owners who have changed their battery let me know which brand and power you guys selected?
At last changed the battery to EXIDE Mileage Red with number as FMI0-MRED40LBH.
Total cost with old battery return came to Rs.3800.

Hi Grandrk,
Good. Where you changed the battery from hyundai dealer or Battery shop/dealer?
I called HASS before going to battery shop just to confirm the battery specs. They told whooping 5200 amount after exchange of old one. [frustration]
I straight away went to exide battery shop where the job was done in 5mins.

Hi All,

Mute button in steering control led light is blinking and some times not glowing. How to fix it?

Checked with HASS, they told left steering control unit will cost 2.5 to 3k.

Yesterday, while the car was on move faced a trip resetting issue. It made Trip A, Trip B and Hours as zero, but there was no change to the clock or audio setting. What could be the problem?

Hi All,

I own Grandi10 pertol Asta option 2015 model. Since few days i am facing issues with remote locking. When i start the day it does not work at all, i have to unlock the doors manually and start the car by placing the key on the push start button. After driving for few KMs it may or may not work but when it start working it continue to work without any issues for few hours. Again when i park the car in night it does not work next day.

I have replaced the car battery, remote key battery cell untoli l now but it did not help. When reported at service center, remote locking was working fine so they could not checked anything. Appreciate if someone can help.

Yesterday, while the car was on move faced a trip resetting issue. It made Trip A, Trip B and Hours as zero, but there was no change to the clock or audio setting. What could be the problem?
I had same issue. It could be due to car battery. May need to replace it.

Hi Guys, Summer has started and I've been using AC in the last two weeks. Last week I noticed some Engine RPM fluctuations during Idle and with AC on. I see the RPM need oscillates between 850-1100 RPM 2 to 3 times and then settles at 850. The process repeats every 30seconds or 1 minute. Has anyone come across this issue?

I want to know something about the Tyre. I am having Xcent 1.2 VTVT S model 2016. Most of my run will be long trip in highway. When i am running on highway above 120 Km/hour, i do not feel confidence to go higher , though it is going 140. When it is above 120 , it feels like Tyre is not on the ground. it is having OEM tyre 165/65-R14. If i change the Tyre to 175/65 R14 will i feel little bit safe on those speed ? Means will it be little bit stable as all Hyundai Car the steering is very light.

Is it petrol or diesel ?

Last edited:
Is this during cold starts or idling during traffic ?
I don't see the issue during cold starts. It only happens once the engine reaches operating temperature. For some strange reason, I not able to recreate the problem since yesterday evening. The rpm is fairly stable at idle with AC on. However, I can clearly hear the AC compressor switching on and off very frequently. It turns on and off every 6 seconds. This is very unusual. What is the normal cycle time of the compressor in Grandi10/Xcent?

I want to know something about the Tyre. I am having Xcent 1.2 VTVT S model 2016. Most of my run will be long trip in highway. When i am running on highway above 120 Km/hour, i do not feel confidence to go higher , though it is going 140. When it is above 120 , it feels like Tyre is not on the ground. it is having OEM tyre 165/65-R14. If i change the Tyre to 175/65 R14 will i feel little bit safe on those speed ? Means will it be little bit stable as all Hyundai Car the steering is very light.

Is it petrol or diesel ?
120 Kmph - 140 Kmph is deadly speed on Indian highways. The steering becomes tight after 80Kmph. I think 165 to 175 will not make much difference to this car. Drive safe buddy !!

I don't see the issue during cold starts. It only happens once the engine reaches operating temperature. For some strange reason, I not able to recreate the problem since yesterday evening. The rpm is fairly stable at idle with AC on. However, I can clearly hear the AC compressor switching on and off very frequently. It turns on and off every 6 seconds. This is very unusual. What is the normal cycle time of the compressor in Grandi10/Xcent?
Just to update the status, I dropped by the Service center last week and they fixed the issue by cleaning the throttle body.

Hi Vashishtha I got this thread while searching net.
I too have same model Grandi10 Asta (o). My experience with car is not good. You were lucky to notice before damage, with the same issue my car broke down today at 80 kmph it completely got locked or stalled. Gearbox is Completely damaged it's not I. Warranty now as my car was purchased in 2014. Can you help me with emails you exchanged with Hundai.. I need some authenticate email id's where I can write. It's heavy financial penalty as well as dangerous condition on highway. Gearboxes are meant to last for lifetime. Local dealer is not capable and not giving me honest feedback. I wish I would have read this thread earlier.

Top Bottom