Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent: Technical Problems & Solutions

Thread Starter #16
I tried to fill petrol when it was 1/4th and i filled up around 33lts. So based on that, 1/4th was 10ltr, but it tend to reduce faster. But once i left it blink for 50kms and nothing, so i guess it will be good 4ltrs or around.

I tried to fill petrol when it was 1/4th and i filled up around 33lts. So based on that, 1/4th was 10ltr, but it tend to reduce faster. But once i left it blink for 50kms and nothing, so i guess it will be good 4ltrs or around.
Hi furious_driver,

Nice observation, means each quarter carries approx 10L of petrol and might 3L is in reserve. This all exercise is done just because Hyundai has provided pathetic MID which shows all useless information rather tha showing distance to empty and average [frustration]

Just need to confirm with you that when needle touches "E" mark then only low fuel icon flashes or it get flashed when reserve capacity is utilised. [confused]

Thread Starter #18
Nope, it started flashing even before needle touches E mark. Just a little bit after E, it starts flashing. So based on my observation, reserve fuel should be 4-5ltrs. Cause, when i fill up for 500Rs(6.52L), it will reach the 1/4th which is close to 10-11 ltrs. The moment the light starts flashing, you can easily go upto 50-60kms.

Thanks furious_driver !!

This is indeed very useful information for all Grand as well as Xcent owners [clap]

I don't know if it's the right place to post here but i find bite of Grand i10 (my friend's ride) to be really in excess.
One has to be cautious and press the pedal gently. This is for the Sportz variant 1.2L Kappa

The reason i am posting because he switches his ride from normal i10 to Grand i10 often and finds it difficult for first few kilometers.

Thread Starter #21
^^ The bite indeed is very sensitive in Grand/Xcent. My everyday ride is between Alto and Xcent, and think how hard it will be. But the moment i enter into a car and start the accelerator, i set my mind according to the car. Else it will be really difficult, especially for a guy like me, who has to ride whatever car available at home.

@All
Gave my car to first free service(Just inspection). But now I am getting some weird issue, once i lock the car, after 5-10mins, car giving the security alarm sound. And I can see the boot lid open warning icon very frequently and even though I close them properly, it flashes every now and then.

Called up the SA and they asked to bring it over. Will this become any big issue? Do I have to shell out some money? Car is barely 34 days old.

Thread Starter #22
@All Grand/Xcent owners..

Can you please post your city/highways mileage?

I have read somewhere that Grand is giving city mileage around 9-10kmpl and I was really surprised to read that.

My driving pattern is 40/60 city/highway split and I am getting good 18kmpl and mine is VTVT. Please do post your mileage figures to see if that is true?

My worst 100% city-usage mileage figures are 14kmpl and best was 16kmpl. I am an sedate driver BTW.

I have found a weird issue in my grand i10 magna 1.2.Once I reset tripmeter to 0 km and kept the car idle for around 2 mins and when I gave a look at the tripmeter it was showing 0.1 km.How on earth did this happen when my car was standstill ,parked on the handbrake??[confused]

Has anyone noticed this in your car??
Please enlighten me on this:help:

I have Xcent s(0) Diesel. I got my 2nd servicing done on 4th Oct 2014 after completing 10000 kms. on 3rd Oct. 2014 Clutch of the car got stuck and I was not able to shift the gears at all. Then I pulled the clutch little above by my foot and it started working again. When I told the same to the servicing guy he said that it was due to Air came in the Valve. I asked him will it repeat again and he said we have fixed it so hopefully it will not happen again. Also after 1 week when I took my car on Highway yesterday it was vibrating at the speed 120 and above which never happened before even at the speed of 160. Can someone please suggest me what I need to do for the same.

Looking forward to get quick replies.

From 23rd Oct. my dashboard showing warning light of "water in oil filter". Last time I faced problem with Kerosin in Diesel on 4th Oct. and now water in Oil Filter. Now I started feeling that going with hyundai was a wrong decision.

Hi friends , just a small tip to you all guys with foglamps. Foglamps can be adjusted up & down with the adjustment screw seen near foglamp enclosure by moving it clockwise or anticlockwise. There is a small hole seen near the foglamp enclosure, just insert a small screw driver & do the adjustment, its a simple DIY thing.

Guys I find my grand i10 petrol asta optional's steering & clutch bit hard compared to other Grand i10 from starting when my car was was new. During recent second servicing as per them they have addressed the problem , but I couldn't see any difference. Now second problem is I do feel little vibration on steering wheel while on mild rough roads. I hope it doesn't end up with the Hyundai's infamous steering rattling problem. Thirdly I have always felt mild rattling sort of sound in the front wheels on rough roads. Fourthly AC air direction controls when adjusted on face or face & leg mode , it still leaks near windshield & during night time it end up fogging the front windshield. This all mentioned problems were never faced in Santro Xing. Presently my grand i10 has covered 10500 kms. Please suggest some solutions to my problems, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your are right furious_driver. The MID of Grand and Xcent both are useless as it shows information which one dosent require...i hope Hyundai should consider some update on this !
Well, I differ a little here, Avg speed is a good option, as Recently I drove about 2600 Kms and didn't had to calculate my Avg ! .

But surely, it's not of much use. "Distance to empty" would have been a better Option instead of this !!!

@All Grand/Xcent owners..

Can you please post your city/highways mileage?

I have read somewhere that Grand is giving city mileage around 9-10kmpl and I was really surprised to read that.

My driving pattern is 40/60 city/highway split and I am getting good 18kmpl and mine is VTVT. Please do post your mileage figures to see if that is true?

My worst 100% city-usage mileage figures are 14kmpl and best was 16kmpl. I am an sedate driver BTW.

Hi, I recently Drove about 2600 Kms, mostly on Highways (about 95 %) and returned Avg of 18.58 & since last 2 months, driving in City with an Avg of 14.63 ! SO I guess it's at PAR

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi friends , just a small tip to you all guys with foglamps. Foglamps can be adjusted up & down with the adjustment screw seen near foglamp enclosure by moving it clockwise or anticlockwise. There is a small hole seen near the foglamp enclosure, just insert a small screw driver & do the adjustment, its a simple DIY thing.
Thanks dear, really didn't knew that. Will try it ! [:)]

AC automatically turns ON-Grand i10

I recently bought Hyundai Grand i10 and when i shift the AC knob to "front windscreen and leg" to remove the fog from windscreen, AC automatically turns ON and i need to manually push the button to turn it off.this happens only in this setting and no where else.
any ideas?

Top Bottom