Hyundai Grand i10 Sportz - My White Beauty

Thread Starter #1
First thing i wanna tell you that I'm a Rookie in writing reviews so dont know from where to start. So lets start from the time when my sister thought of buying a new car.

the budget was not so high just about 5-7 lakhs car and finally started reading reviews of different cars on theautomotiveindia.com and team bhp. The average running is around 1000-1200 km so have decided to buy a diesel car.

SWIFT :- This is my favourite car but my sister denied it as she dont wanna buy a MARUTI SUZUKI (dont why she said so)

BRIO :- as it is petrol one so dont wanna go for it but due to the refinement of petrol engine my heart goes to grab it. But the back of the car changed my mind to go for it.

POLO :- both me and my sis wanna buy this car just because of its looks. but due to high spare parts and servicing cost we also let it go for our next ( I will buy it soon ).

finally i saw the adv. of hyundai GRAND i 10 in newspaper and just found it best because of its looks and fuel efficient diesel engine . Also it was in our budget. So we decided to take a test drive and went to SAMARA HYUNDAI, JANAK PURI, DELHI.
the very next day me and my father went to the showroom and took the test drive. I found that the car has negligible turbo lag. the fit n finish is quite good. the looks OMG its completely different from the current i 10. so we check out the prices and found that MAGNA model is in our budget (6.0 lakhs OTR) so decided to take that but than i told my dad that the sportz model is also not bad as we'll get chrome door handles, push button start stop, integrated audio system and muchh more in just 43k extra so booked the car by giving a token money of RS 10k.

The salesman told us that we'll get the car in 20 -25 days later (around in 1st week of October). I was quite disappointed after hearing this [cry].

9th OCT

this is he day when we have to go and grab the car. so after doing all financial work, the showroom owner gave us the car keys and the car was ready. also they give us coconut flowers and a biscuit packet[:)]

PROS:-
1. LOOKS AND STYLING
2. FEATURES
3. 3 cylinder engine is quite impressive
4. linear driving ( turbo lag is not that much such as in swift or polo)
5. interior quality
6. fuel efficiency
7. comfort
8. quite good gearbox
9. boot space
10. ground clearance
CONS:-
1. bad speakers
2. suspension is not comparable with other cars
3. abs only in asta (o) even i20 has it in sportz model
4. no steering mounted audio controls
5. mirrors after folding are at slightly outside position
6. NO DISCOUNTS OR FREE INSURANCE

that much i've find out the cons.

SHOWROOM EXPERIENCE :-

the staff of samara hyundai is very friendly. we got the T.D. of both cars (petrol and diesel ) instantly.

So here a few PICS of the beauty.

Attachments

Congratulations bro! I also got a green signal from my dad for the grand i10 crdi asta. Will go to the showroom and finalize the finance options.

Congratulations dee3492 and nice set of pics,welcome to the group of Grand owners at TAI.
Wish you many happy and safe miles ahead.
Grand rocks[clap]

Thread Starter #8
Did you get spare headlamp bulbs?How do you find the performance and fuel efficiency?
no i didnt get any spare headlamp bulb? wanna know if abyone got this.

the fuel efficiency i dodnt check but as the company claims an average of 24kmpl, may be i can get around 20-21 Ihope so.
performance i have checked on a traffic free road i checked out the pickup its quite good. the car is around 2200rpm on above 80-90 speed which i think good for 1.1 ltr engine. the pickup i found is sufficient in traffic to overtake however someone may feel of lacking of power on highway. the engine noise is on slightly higher side

Congratulations bro! I also got a green signal from my dad for the grand i10 crdi asta. Will go to the showroom and finalize the finance options.
thanx bro and i wanna suggest you to go for asta(o) model as it has some better alloys and features if your budget permits.

Congratulations dee3492 and nice set of pics,welcome to the group of Grand owners at TAI.
Wish you many happy and safe miles ahead.
Grand rocks
thanx dude [:)]

Congrats on Your new acquisition [clap]

Grand i10 looks gorgeous in white

Pour more pics and keep the thread updated .
thanks i will upload a few more pics soon [:)]

the one thing that irritates me very muchh is that the car has just a single horn the sound which cant be hear in your own car [cry]
It really need and upgrade

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #9
these are a few more snaps
in the last pic the 1st one is our VINTAGE maruti 800 then my sister's i10 and then mine honda city

Attachments

the one thing that irritates me very muchh is that the car has just a single horn the sound which cant be hear in your own car [cry]
It really need and upgrade
Even i felt so,but later realised its because of sound insulation in diesel grand i10. when i test drove petrol Grand,horn sounded louder(lesser insulation).Still dual horn is a welcome

Congrats buddy..Car looks great in white color..Do keep the thread updated with your experience. What is the service intervals for the diesel? Pls comment..

Thread Starter #13
Even i felt so,but later realised its because of sound insulation in diesel grand i10. when i test drove petrol Grand,horn sounded louder(lesser insulation).Still dual horn is a welcome
i appreciate your point its because of insulation but i also think that a dual horn is must

Congrats buddy..Car looks great in white color..Do keep the thread updated with your experience. What is the service intervals for the diesel? Pls comment..
as told by the SE the 1st service is at 1000 kms and the 2nd one is at 9000 kms

Also I wanna say that i may not update this thread after a week because its my sister's car and she had to take it to kolkata. sorry for this [sad]

congrats. Wish u many many years of happy motoring.
thanx lxtreme [:)]

Thread Starter #15
What about extended warranty of Grand i10?Did you enquire?
Also did you get floor mats of Grand i10? my floor mats are of old i10,should talk to dealer regarding this
no i didnt opt for extended warranty. It costs around 6000 (as much i remember)
yes i do got the floor mats but i dont know was they were of old i10 or of this one grand i10
i'll tell you tomorrow

Top Bottom