Hyundai Grand i10 'SportZ' First Anniversary Edition

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Hyundai India is celebrating first anniversary of Grand i10, which has managed to find over 1.1 lakh homes in 1 Year, with the launch of Grand i10 "SportZ" edition.

Special Edition Features:

> Body Graphics

> Black B-Pillars

> 14" Diamond Cut Alloys

> Red Tone Upholstery Color

> Bluetooth Compatible Head Unit

> Steering Mounted Audio Controls

> Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel

Price (Ex.showroom, Delhi):

> Petrol: Rs.5,11,550

> Diesel: Rs.5,98,554

Speaking on the introduction of SportZ Edition, Mr Rakesh Srivastava, Sr. VP, Marketing and Sales, HMIL said, “We are delighted to introduce the ‘SportZ Edition’ of Grand amongst customers to celebrate this landmark. We thank our customers for showing strong confidence in brand Hyundai and making Grand a huge success in India. Grand which has created a benchmark in quality, features and technology offering higher value proposition has been well appreciated by the auto fraternity by being the most awarded car of 2013. Grand has created a new benchmark in the automotive industry by foraying into the list of top 5 most selling brands in India within the first month of full production. Grand achieved a milestone with the delivery of 100,000 Hyundai Grand cars within 10 months of its launch making it the fastest car to achieve this landmark in India.”
Hyundai-Grand-i10-Sportz-Edition.jpg

Hyundai-Grand-i10-Sportz-Edition-Interiors.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Exterior wise not much difference, but interior is just awesome. I always thought of getting one with red+black combo, but no such option was a bummer. But this one is so good.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
The interiors remind me of Ford Figo. Hyundai as I mentioned on another thread here has fallen prey to a popular gimmick of limited editions. To be frank, in my opinion, the logic to bring out a "limited edition" for a brand should be, if it needs to clear up it's inventories or if the said model is going to be discontinued in near future. Since there is a sea of limited editions floating around in the Indian car market, the actual term has started to loose it's meaning.

In my view, this limited edition by Hyundai is a rushed up decision.

Regards.

Interiors are MASS !! They look killer,BTW,Thank you for the news.Mr.Akash,I agree 100 % with you :agree: But Why can't they also plonk in a More Powerful Engine like a 1.6 DOHC.etc for the limited edition and in Limited numbers ant that too atleast for the Sportz Variant ? It will be a super hit and moreover it is a "Hyundai" !! Yes,It is a sure rushed up decision !! Thank you

Akash1886

Honoured Member
But Why can't they also plonk in a More Powerful Engine like a 1.6 DOHC.etc for the limited edition and in Limited numbers It will be a super hit
There is a reason behind it, as we know Grand i10 is a new product from Hyundai so at present carrying out a R&D over the engine will not go down well with the management. Having a powerful engine for a limited few Grand i10(s) would make them incur heavy expenditure which can't be easily recovered. Therefore, a point to be understood over here is, when a particular thought process gets flourished in the market and among the brands, then they seldom deviate from it which is the exact case here. Limited Editions so far have been launched with heaps of accessories with no actual value addition. Hence, all the brands who contemplate a Limited Edition or those who roll out a limited edition always go by this rule only.

Regards.

There is a reason behind it, as we know Grand i10 is a new product from Hyundai so at present carrying out a R&D over the engine will not go down well with the management. Having a powerful engine for a limited few Grand i10(s) would make them incur heavy expenditure which can't be easily recovered. Therefore, a point to be understood over here is, when a particular thought process gets flourished in the market and among the brands, then they seldom deviate from it which is the exact case here. Limited Editions so far have been launched with heaps of accessories with no actual value addition. Hence, all the brands who contemplate a Limited Edition or those who roll out a limited edition always go by this rule only.

Regards.
Thank you for teaching me about this sir.I didn't even think about that :stupid: Thank you

I am not really a fan of too vibrant color theme for interior, but here Red and Black combinations going well seems.
and yes all such special editions comes with only cosmetic changes which can easily be added aftermarket, so no real upgrade in a sense but then many people fall in this trap easily [:D] thus we see those coming very frequently by manyfacturers.

I think the time has come where the customer should be given an option to chose the color of interiors. In this case the portion that is of Red Shade, could be customized. I am sure it wont be difficult for the car manufacturers.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I think the time has come where the customer should be given an option to chose the color of interiors. In this case the portion that is of Red Shade, could be customized. I am sure it wont be difficult for the car manufacturers.
Motor Romeo, Actually custom choice interiors can be provided to only the high end cars at present. Those interiors are made to order. However, bringing on the same concepts to regular Indian cars is fairly difficult considering the car's pricing. The additional cost incurred in doing custom interiors needs to be recovered somehow and until this expense recovery is planned till than we need to keep limited interior choice only.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Motor Romeo, Actually custom choice interiors can be provided to only the high end cars at present. Those interiors are made to order. However, bringing on the same concepts to regular Indian cars is fairly difficult considering the car's pricing. The additional cost incurred in doing custom interiors needs to be recovered somehow and until this expense recovery is planned till than we need to keep limited interior choice only.
Regards
Akash
I have heard that Tata has plans to provide the custom choice for interiors (dual dash theme) for Bolt which they plan to introduce soon into the market.
But, no official confirmation from Tata yet.

Can I get the rear spoiler and diamond cut Alloys of the Asta variant for my Grand i10 1.2 Sportz from Hyundai dealer? Anyone?

Top Bottom