Hyundai Grand i10 Review & Pictures: Grand Entrant

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

As per Zauba, Hyundai in India has imported a Diesel MT Spec of Grand i10 for R&D. Could possibly be a more powerful version of the hatch.

screenshot.GIF

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
All
Taking my Grand (Petrol) for its second service on coming Monday. Have a few things to get sorted -

1. 'TAK' sound from clutch.

2. A little thud noise from rear left suspension on rough patches.

3. Heavy steering wheel (Changed tyres from 165/65/R14 to 185/65/R14). Not very happy with the added weight on tight parking space and city driving conditions, though steering feels planted on high speed. Read somewhere that service center folks can do some belt adjustments to make it lighter/heavier? Experts - Please comment.

4. Tyre rotation and alignment.

5. Intermittent 'Hissing' noise from engine. Has anyone faced it? Any solution?

6. Steering vibrations when the engine fan is on.

7. Engine Oil - I'm thinking to get my own synthetic oil and get it changed at HASS. Spoke with the SA and they don't have any issue with it. Experts - Which grade/temperature range/type etc..? Please advise.

Thanks in advance..

Hi Grand I10 owners,

I purchased my Grand I10 Sportz 1.2 Petrol a week back and I'm enjoying the drive with my new car. [:D]

I'm not sure on the mileage part, SE said it would give around 16 kmpl in City & 18-19 in Highways. I would like to know from the owners of GrandI10 on the mileage with AC on in City and Highway drive.

Thanks,

Hi Grand I10 owners,

I purchased my Grand I10 Sportz 1.2 Petrol a week back and I'm enjoying the drive with my new car. [:D]

I'm not sure on the mileage part, SE said it would give around 16 kmpl in City & 18-19 in Highways. I would like to know from the owners of GrandI10 on the mileage with AC on in City and Highway drive.

Thanks,
You can expect 11-13 kmpl with AC in city summers and 12-14 without AC in winters.
and 15-17 kmpl on highway in summers and 16-18 kmpl in winters

Last edited by a moderator:
Can Grand i10 conquer Leh/Ladakh?

I want to drive my Grand i10 1.2 Sportz to Ladakh or Leh. Does she has the ability to do that. I love cars and mountains and where there are both of these together it will be a very enjoyable and pleasuring moment of my life.

Re: Can Grand i10 conquer Leh/Ladakh?

I want to drive my Grand i10 1.2 Sportz to Ladakh or Leh. Does she has the ability to do that. I love cars and mountains and where there are both of these together it will be a very enjoyable and pleasuring moment of my life.
I have seen someone doing Leh - Ladakh in i20, so i guess one can do it in Grand i10 as well. Drive safe and have fun. Post your experience in travelogue once you return.

All the best !!

Re: Can Grand i10 conquer Leh/Ladakh?

I have seen someone doing Leh - Ladakh in i20, so i guess one can do it in Grand i10 as well. Drive safe and have fun. Post your experience in travelogue once you return.

All the best !!
I was just thinking, its not sure that I will do the trip.

I have done first paid service for my Grand i10. The bill came out to be Rs.8950/ - Is it on higher side?

The bill
Bill (908x1024).jpg

Alignment Report
Alingment (954x1024).jpg

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
There was no need for ac disinfection , injector liquid and what is consumables ? Did you ask them ? At how many kilometers you got the service done ?

There was no need for ac disinfection , injector liquid and what is consumables ? Did you ask them ? At how many kilometers you got the service done ?
This was done at 20K Kms. There was a dust smell coming when i used to turn on the AC. Hence SA told that they will do complete AC service.
SA told that in consumables they charge all sorts of bushing, washers and grease.

This was the first time they have delivered my car on second day!!

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Dust smell is because of the dirty ac filter. Nothing to do with ac vents. I have got 3 cars serviced from hyundai and never ever i have paid for consumables.
You can save more money be getting alognment and balancing done from outside.

What's your yearly usage ? If it's less than 10k kilometers you should use semi synthetic. No use of fully synthetic. But i don't know if a downgrade is alrite or not for the engine.
Is the ac filter located just behind the dashboard ? If yes 200rs is a rip off since you can clean it yourself in less than 5 minutes.
You can get the injector and throttle body cleaned every 20k or 30k.

Dust smell is because of the dirty ac filter. Nothing to do with ac vents. I have got 3 cars serviced from hyundai and never ever i have paid for consumables.
You can save more money be getting alognment and balancing done from outside.

What's your yearly usage ? If it's less than 10k kilometers you should use semi synthetic. No use of fully synthetic. But i don't know if a downgrade is alrite or not for the engine.
Is the ac filter located just behind the dashboard ? If yes 200rs is a rip off since you can clean it yourself in less than 5 minutes.
You can get the injector and throttle body cleaned every 20k or 30k.
Thanks allhyundaicars for the suggestion. I told SA that my yearly usage is less than 10K until today. He told that car is already 3 years old hence will do 3 years (30K kms) service as per service schedule.

What are the risks of getting car serviced from local (well known) service center rather than HASS?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
yeah the 30k service is always expensive than the rest.
there will not be much problem if you get it serviced in front of you.
you buy all the things yourself and get it replaced in front of you.
once i gave my car and left and they damaged the lower portion of the fender ( maybe the jack fell off , don't know)

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/7967-hyundai-trio-santro-i10-verna.html check my thread and see i always got normal services done from outside.

use the hass for Clutch work , AC work ( i have good ac mechanic near my home so i always go there even with my verna), anything related to engine , oil seals etc. works that are more complex. other things like changing oil , oil filter , air filter , injector cleaning , throttle body cleaning , suspension work (again i have a reputable shop near my home )can be easily done.

Last edited:
yeah the 30k service is always expensive than the rest.
there will not be much problem if you get it serviced in front of you.
you buy all the things yourself and get it replaced in front of you.
once i gave my car and left and they damaged the lower portion of the fender ( maybe the jack fell off , don't know)

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/7967-hyundai-trio-santro-i10-verna.html check my thread and see i always got normal services done from outside.

use the hass for Clutch work , AC work ( i have good ac mechanic near my home so i always go there even with my verna), anything related to engine , oil seals etc. works that are more complex. other things like changing oil , oil filter , air filter , injector cleaning , throttle body cleaning , suspension work (again i have a reputable shop near my home )can be easily done.
Ok.. Will try this next time.
Many thanks for your input.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Grand i10 diesel discontinued in India

hyundai-grand-i10-discontinued-india-diesel.jpg

Hyundai Motor India Limited has silently rejigged its Grand i10 lineup. It has removed all diesel and automatic transmission variants of the Grand i10. Additionally, the petrol lineup too has been trimmed to just 2 mid-spec variants, namely Sportz and Magna.

Now, the Grand i10 is available only with one engine & transmission option, a 1.2 litre petrol motor which comes mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. Customers will still have an option to choose between the standard engine or a bi-fuel variant (CNG/petrol). Output figures of the engine vary depending upon the type of fuel.

Read:

Top Bottom