Hyundai Grand i10 Review & Pictures: Grand Entrant

Anyone here updated stock tyres to a wider patch on Grand i10? Please share your experience. Also, I'm not sure if I made the right decision to get 185-65 as it seems to a tad taller then expected. 185-60 might have made more sense? Though no issue noticed yet (touchwood). Car was fully loaded last night and the tyres did not scrap the body[:D][thumbsup].
Hello nitin mehta,
I have replaced my stock Goodyear's with Yokohama Earth-1 175/65 R14
Following are my initial impressions:-
1. Ride quality has improved over stock tyres.
2. Tyre noise has been reduced to much extent.
3. Car feels well planted on speeds upto 100 Km/hr. (I don't drive above 100Kph).
4. Steering has become slightly harder as compared to stock tyres.
5. Dry and wet grip is good.

Regards
Car's Paradise

Last edited:
Hello nitin mehta,
I have replaced my stock Goodyear's with Yokohama Earth-1 175/65 R14
Following are my initial impressions:-
1. Ride quality has improved over stock tyres.
2. Tyre noise has been reduced to much extent.
3. Car feels well planted on speeds upto 100 Km/hr. (I don't drive above 100Kph).
4. Steering has become slightly harder as compared to stock tyres.
5. Dry and wet grip is good.

Regards
Car's Paradise
Okay, thanks for the insights. I also feel that the ride quality gets better with the wider rubber.. Haven't checked the high speed capabilities since the first service hasn't been done yet.. Would update with my ownership review shortly.

Did you experience any battery drain? I'm sure hyundai has rectified the issue but I haven't seen anybody commenting on this yet.

Did you experience any battery drain? I'm sure hyundai has rectified the issue but I haven't seen anybody commenting on this yet.
I have clocked 7500 Kms so far, but no battery drain issue has been noticed so far.*touchwood*.
Few office colleagues have also purchased the same car, but they also have not reported anything for the same.
Regards
Car's Paradise

Hello Everyone,

Just noticed that the dealer gave us the invoice which has a lower amount than what we paid i.e., 6,13,000 INR what we have paid and the dealer invoice is only for 5,93,000 approx.. I know its my bad since I should have checked it while taking the delivery.. Guess I was too excited to just drive away my new car.. SIGH

Does this require any intervention? Or is it okay? Never experienced it with other dealers.. Please advise..

p.s The car loan is for 4,13,000 and we paid 2,00,000 in cash.

Last edited:
Ground clearence

Hi I have owned the grand I 10 in March 15 and having problem with ground clearance since I m in hilly reason. I want to replace the tyre with r 15 180/55 will this solve my problem

Friends,

Hyundai now officially provides Driver Airbag as Standard Feature across all variants of Grand i10

View attachment 198936

Regards

Akash
That is a great move as this makes the auto variants very much VFM for city drives. Only drawback was no safety and now its been rectified. I know couple of people who will be excited at the prospect of this news.

guys i own a grand i10 Asta and i want to link the central locking system with horn any suggestions for that and it can be done or not

I had called Hyundai Dealer (in Kharghar, Mumbai), they told me that Hyundai have launched Grand i10 automatic in Asta (O) variant, approx 5 - 6 days earlier. Though waiting period is unknown. The on road price for Asta (O) petrol is 7.81 lakhs (Panvel registration).

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL), introduces Special Edition of Grand i10

img_in_grand_se_lst1.jpg

img_in_grand_se_dtl1.jpg

New Delhi, May, 2016: Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL), the country’s second largest car manufacturer and largest passenger car exporter today introduced Special Edition of Grand i10, commemorating 20 years of its Foundation in India.

Winner of Indian Car of the Year (ICOTY) award in 2014 Grand i10 has become part of over 308,000 Happy Indian families offering a complete package from style to performance.

Announcing the launch of Special Edition Grand i10, Mr. Rakesh Srivastava, Sr. VP Sales and Marketing, HMIL, said, “Grand i10 has been a trendsetter & India’s most loved hatchback winning many awards including the most coveted Indian Car of the Year 2014. Introduction of Grand i10 special edition will further enhance the value proposition of the product and aims to achieve the highest customer satisfaction.”

The Grand i10 special edition will feature Rear Spoiler, Stylish Body Graphics and B-Pillar blackout on the exterior for enhanced sporty looks. The interiors will include 6.2”Touch Screen Audio Video system and Red & Black interiors for refreshed & premium feel. The special edition will also come with‘20th Anniversary Special Edition’emblem to celebrate the success & togetherness. It will be available in Sports Trim with both petrol and diesel variants in pure white color option.
Current Prices for Special Edition Grand i10 are as follows: (Ex-showroom Delhi) Rs 568,606 for Petrol 1.2 Kappa Dual VTVT and Rs 660,062 for Diesel 2nd Gen 1.1 U2 CRDi

Official

Regards

Akash

Hello All,

Just wanted to know about how many of you are using cell phone holder in your Grand i10's? Can you let me know where you have placed it in your car?

I am looking to place a cell phone holder but the location on front windscreen and dashboard above music system is ruled out for me. Please advice !

Hello TAI-ian's,
Any long term Grand i10 CRDi users please share your views on this car including its Fuel efficiency, Service costs, tyres life, other routine expenses as i drive almost 120kms daily.
And how this car will fare for my intended usage.

Grand i10 mileage query

Hi!
Excuse me for starting a new thread. I am placing my order tomorrow. I have one last query.
Car in question: Grand i10 Petrol (1.2L, MT, Magna)
What is the kmpl of the car?

Re: Grand i10 mileage query

Hi!
Excuse me for starting a new thread. I am placing my order tomorrow. I have one last query.
Car in question: Grand i10 Petrol (1.2L, MT, Magna)
What is the kmpl of the car?
Around 15 in city and 18 on highways. Note that after Dec 2015, engine was factory remapped to give greater FE, so the ARAI figures became true even in real traffic !

Top Bottom