Hyundai Grand i10 Review & Pictures: Grand Entrant

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Diesel: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

okay thanks for that. And looking at the pics 350z uploaded in this thread, I think its best to go for top model[manual transmission] as all the accessories will be genuine and fitted in excellent conditions. The aftermarket guys fitting usually creates noises when there are holes on the road.

Thread Starter #62

350Z

Core Team

I am planning to buy grand i10. But I am confused between diesel and petrol.
These days monthly kms covered by car are usually 500kms. But in future they might increase[less probability].
And which model to choose? I prefer manual gearing
Diesel doesn't come in automatic. Your obvious choice is Petrol considering the low running and gearbox preference.

okay thanks for that. And looking at the pics 350z uploaded in this thread, I think its best to go for top model[manual transmission] as all the accessories will be genuine and fitted in excellent conditions. The aftermarket guys fitting usually creates noises when there are holes on the road.
Indeed. It's well-worth the price difference, if for nothing then atleast for the ABS, Airbags and of course, those neat diamond cut alloys.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #63

350Z

Core Team

Hyundai has achieved another milestone with Grand i10 by delivering 1,00,000 units to Indian customers within 10 months.
Speaking on the achievement, Mr. Rakesh Srivastava, Sr. VP, Marketing and Sales, HMIL said, “We appreciate and thank our customers for showing strong confidence in brand Hyundai and making Grand a huge success in India. Grand has created a benchmark in quality, features and technology offering higher value proposition in such a short span of time- fastest in the industry. Reaching the milestone of 100,000 happy families of Hyundai Grand is a great achievement for us and we are very delighted. We would like to thank our valued customers and channel partners for their support. Hyundai reaffirms its commitment to the customer and will continue to bring world-class products to the Indian market. To meet the increase in demand we are continuously working to increase the production capacity.”
Drive Safe,
350Z

^^ That's some impressive numbers in short time. After a long time, Hyundai is on right path by bringing in Grand with nice features+interios and improved handling and sweet pricing.

I wish they continue this and bring in some new models to compete with Swift and other contenders and I for one, would love to see a lot of Hyundai's on road than MS.

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Diesel Review | Test Drive | Pictures

I have a query regarding the maintenance of interiors. The beige part of dashboard has become dirty. How can I get rid of that? Can I use glass cleaner like Colin etc?

Hi guys,
I got a chance to ride on my friend's Grand i 10
The ride quality was not at all comfortable,especially the steering was ultra light.
Also,i felt cooling was low,it is a non auto climate control model.
It has clocked just 600 km,what may be the issue?

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Diesel Review | Test Drive | Pictures

I have a query regarding the maintenance of interiors. The beige part of dashboard has become dirty. How can I get rid of that? Can I use glass cleaner like Colin etc?
You can better used the dashboard cleaner and polish from MOTO MAX,FORMULA1 etc. just google it. You can easily buy online.

Hi guys,
I got a chance to ride on my friend's Grand i 10
The ride quality was not at all comfortable,especially the steering was ultra light.
Also,i felt cooling was low,it is a non auto climate control model.
It has clocked just 600 km,what may be the issue?
Which car you usually drive Vishnu?
If its Swift or Figo YES the steering may feel light but not ULTRA light.
Regarding ride quality I have to differ with you here,thi scar has one of the best ride quality in the segment.
REgarding AC YES its average.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
What are you thinking about [lol] everyone's gone crazy with crossover fever.

Features mentioned in the image

*front lower protector
Bumper with skid plates.
*fog lamp with DRLs
*side...?
*rear lower protector
Bumper with skid plates
*14 / 15" diamond cut alloy wheels ?
*sporty muffler tip
*leather wrapped steering wheel
Three spoke design with silver touches ?
* rear spoiler with LEDs

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
What are you thinking about everyone's gone crazy with crossover fever.
Elite i20 Active, CRETA and Now i10 Grand Cross! It seems Hyundai is leaving no scope of competition for others. Right from their premium hatchback to a regular hatchback, they have a cross version of all (leaving aside Sedans and Santa Fe).

Regards

Akash

Very well written review 350Z,
I just purchased a Grand i10 Magna Stardust 1.2, just before a month.
Here are my initial impressions as compared to my sold Honda Brio.
1. Ride quality much neutral as compared to Brio, suspensions tackles the potholes better than Brio.
2. Engine has linear power delivery, Brio used to give a small surge in acceleration(turbo feeling) after it crossed 2500rpm. Grand i10 has linear power delivery till 5500prm.
3. Brio engine felt peppier as compared to Grand i10.
4. Car feels much stable as compared to Brio in terms of Hi-Speed Stability.
5. Hi seating position as compared to Brio, and also more legroom on offer. Thanks to the bigger dimensions.

Hello Everyone!

Recently got myself a new ride.. White Grand i10 Asta (O) 1.2 petrol. Would post the detailed review soon but the initial impressions are great, if not excellent. Got stock tyres replaced with Yokohama Earth 1 185 65 R14 which feel nice and are very silent. The ride quality has improved, too. The only challenge I see with the car is vague steering feedback. Changing tyres did help but still dont get the confidence while driving.. The gearbox is smooth barring 1st which gets reluctant to shift at times.. Space, comfort, features, looks and overall quality is just stunning and no hatchback comes close to what it offers at the current price point.

Anyone here updated stock tyres to a wider patch on Grand i10? Please share your experience. Also, I'm not sure if I made the right decision to get 185-65 as it seems to a tad taller then expected. 185-60 might have made more sense? Though no issue noticed yet (touchwood). Car was fully loaded last night and the tyres did not scrap the body[:D][thumbsup].

Also, any update on battery draining issue? Saw a lot of users reporting the issue in 2013 but it seems to be rectified on new batches? Haven't tested on my car yet (have no courage to do it either :stupid:).

Please suggest guys. Thanks!

Top Bottom