Hyundai Grand i10 Magna Full Audio Setup

Thread Starter #1
my new grand magna will be delivered on sunday. my budget for ICE is 25k.
i have two options:

1) My friend has stock speakers of grand asta optional. So i can go for head unit, amp, sub woofer. please suggest me.

2) i go for full new system.

i dont need a head unit with bluetooth, just a decent 2 din head unit.

My preference for sound: clear with decent bass should not distort even at high volume.
please give suggestions.[:)]

Thread Starter #3
Re: full system for grand i10 diesel magna

Dear Priyank, Welcome aboard TAI dear. Have a look on this.

Regards

Akash
Thankyou akash.

i have already visited that page. i have a query regarding my option 1 which I mentioned, whether the stock speakers, enclosure, amp, hu would work nice? or should i go for components on front and rear and get an amp and hu, leaving enclosure for later upgrade?

Akash1886

Honoured Member

i have a query regarding my option 1 which I mentioned, whether the stock speakers, enclosure, amp, hu would work nice? or should i go for components on front and rear and get an amp and hu, leaving enclosure for later upgrade?
I feel option 2(IN BOLD) is better since it gives you scope of upgrade as you mentioned.

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member

in my budget, i'll get amp, component for front, co axial for rear, dampin. will it give sufficient bass? i'll get enclosure.
Damping will modulate the Bass i.e only passengers in the car can feel the bass and enjoy. Not much of boom will be heard outside. As for the mentioned setup, I am confident that it will give out decent amount of Bass.

Here is the useful Damping guide.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #7

Damping will modulate the Bass i.e only passengers in the car can feel the bass and enjoy. Not much of boom will be heard outside. As for the mentioned setup, I am confident that it will give out decent amount of Bass.

Here is the useful Damping guide.

Regards

Akash
thankyou akash. please give me suggestions in comp,co axial,amp and head unit within my budget, which brand?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Priyank,

For front I would suggest Rockford Comps with Tweeters, Model R1675, Prime Series. Cost: 6k.

HU you can use JVC, Model: KWXG 56T2 CD Double Din with USB. Price: 9200 (Available with snap deal)

Rear Speakers: JBL - CX 62SI - 6.5 Inches 2-Way Coaxial Speakers (280 Watts) Price 1600. COD option on Snap Deal.

Amplifier: Sony XM-N502 In Car Xplod Amplifier, Price 4650/- available on ebay with 1 year Sony Warranty.

Total cost of this setup would be 21,500/- approx.

Rest amount you can keep for damping and wiring.

Regards

Akash

hi,
i have wagonr, i used to have speakers in doors, as a audiophile, i already know how the actual song sounds, but i did not get that clear clarity with doors setup,
as speaker's are mounted in doors without any enclosure, as speakers needed them to produce clear sound.
without enclosure, speakers tend to have their own frequently response.
its always better to have a box in rear with 6x9 co axial. with a door stock speakers in front but a original dome tweeter installed in front dash.
that's it dude, you are rocking now!

Priyank,

For front I would suggest Rockford Comps with Tweeters, Model R1675, Prime Series. Cost: 6k.

HU you can use JVC, Model: KWXG 56T2 CD Double Din with USB. Price: 9200 (Available with snap deal)

Rear Speakers: JBL - CX 62SI - 6.5 Inches 2-Way Coaxial Speakers (280 Watts) Price 1600. COD option on Snap Deal.

Amplifier: Sony XM-N502 In Car Xplod Amplifier, Price 4650/- available on ebay with 1 year Sony Warranty.

Total cost of this setup would be 21,500/- approx.

Rest amount you can keep for damping and wiring.
Priyank, Please have a look at the ICE basics, ICE Configurations For Different Budgets and the configurations suggested in there, before investing on you ICE.

Akash, Why you are giving links for peer forums when we have better and detailed information in house. What is the scope of future upgrade which you mentioned earlier, in the above specification?. Sony XM-N502 is a 2 channel amplifier, so when the user is going to add a subwoofer in the setup he will have to buy another amp. As budget concerned, why he need to buy the JBL rear coaxial speakers when he is getting stock speakers from his friend, also 6.5" speakers will fit into the OE rear door slot?. Budget is definitely a concern, but IMO what is more important is the different components bought should have befitting configurations and should sound good when added together.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
i dont want to get my rear parcel tray altered, i just want that should i go for option 1 or 2? if i go for 2, i'll get enclosure later as it would not fit in the budget, so please advice me as its my first car.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Akash, Why you are giving links for peer forums when we have better and detailed information in house.
My aim is simply to pacify his query dear. From wherever the knowledge may come, Welcome it![:)]. I don't see any unhealthy practice dear to share a info from another source as long as it benefits the questioner dear.

Regards

Akash

You can add co axials in parcel tray,
If you want a suggestion form your choices
Get a double din with rear camera input.
Use pre outs for bass tube,
Upgrade all door sprakers with jbl 6.5in coaxials,(must) (else you wont get clarity)
As its a small car this setup will be more than enoufgh
Then amp for subwoofer alone is enough .

i dont want to get my rear parcel tray altered, i just want that should i go for option 1 or 2? if i go for 2, i'll get enclosure later as it would not fit in the budget, so please advice me as its my first car.
Here is a suggestion for a complete ICE setup, from place to place there may be drastic deviations in price on both upper and lower sides.
If any such thing is there the total cost may go beyond 25K, in that case you can skip the Subwoofer to be added later.

* 4Ch Amplifier- JBL GX A644SI- (5.5K in Snapdeal) /JBL GT-X646.
* HU-Pioneer FH-X369UB Double-Din CD/ USB Player (5.5-7k in market)
(You may seriously consider a decent 2DIN unit with an LCD screen as Stingray91 suggested, though it will exceed your budget boundaries)
* Front speakers-Polk Audio - DB6501 component pair/ Rockford R1675 (6- 7.6K in Snapdeal) Fix it on the front door with good quality wooden spacer rings.
* Subwoofer- JBL - CS1215B - 12 inch Subwoofer with Box Enclosure (3.8K in snapdeal/ 5-5.5K in market) can be placed in the boot, it will eat up some boot space.
* Rear coaxial speakers- Use the OE speakers from your friend's i10, in the rear door with OE setup.
* Wiring kit/ RCA filter (if required)/ installation. (2-5K)

My aim is simply to pacify his query dear. From wherever the knowledge may come, Welcome it![:)]. I don't see any unhealthy practice dear to share a info from another source as long as it benefits the questioner dear.
Bro, I agree with you and I am humbled by your love! So many 'dear's![;)]. I got amazed seeing your 'Join date' and 'number of posts', I really wish I could be a knowledgeable and well contributing member like you someday!.

Last edited:
As lameasoon wheels said
You can go for that setup,
As you are upgrading with a new headunit it will pump decent 50w rms
If you are installing a amp more than 80w per channel its good,but less than that is a waste of Money
By the way having speakers on doors will not get sound quality to audiophile level, but having a ovals in rear parcel tray adds up more bass and effect also space saving. ( experience)

Top Bottom