Hyundai Grand i10 Battery Discharging Problem

Do you experience battery discharging issue in your Grand i10 / Xcent?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Hello there,

Let me put the point straight. I have planned to book grand i10 this week and I really wanted to know if any of you guys face battery discharge problem ? As I've seen couple of users on facebook and other review websites mentioned about this battery discharge problem with the keyless entry feature.

Let me know if any of you guys facing this. This could help me to choose either Grand i10 or i20.

Thanks for your help.

I am using my Grand i10 from last one month, I dint faced this issue till now BTW once i kept my car idle for 3 days.

hey is there any way to see the battery charging level ??

I'm also planning to buy grand i10 vista(o)petrol. But I am worried about the battery drainage problem in grand i10. Please let me know if any one bought 2014 model and facing the issue of battery drainage or this issue has been fixed.
Thanks.

What a shame! I bought a Grand i10 and like most of the customers, am languishing in misery. The car is a total failure. Caution to prospective customers - You buy the Grand at your own peril. I haven't been able to drive teh car bcoz of the perennial starting problem. The battery gets drained out. And no response whatsoever from Hyundai!

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
What a shame! I bought a Grand i10 and like most of the customers, am languishing in misery. The car is a total failure. Caution to prospective customers - You buy the Grand at your own peril. I haven't been able to drive teh car bcoz of the perennial starting problem. The battery gets drained out. And no response whatsoever from Hyundai!
You should contact hyundai through mail and report the service center. You are the first here to say that hyundai is doing nothing. Every grand i10 owner having problem had a software update which solved the problem. What's the manufacturing month of your vehicle?

You should contact hyundai through mail and report the service center. You are the first here to say that hyundai is doing nothing. Every grand i10 owner having problem had a software update which solved the problem. What's the manufacturing month of your vehicle?
Any more details on what caused the problem and how the fix was implemented?

I am also one of the unfortunates to blindly trust Hyundai and invest all my savings into this car. I bought the Grand I10 1.2 sportz on October and the Battery had drained out of the car twice. The so called software update was done when the battery drained out the first time. When the problem happed for the second time the service advisor tells it is my fault that I might have left the car's headlights on. Infact I did turn off all the headlights and music systems before leaving the car idle.

Looks like the service advisor too was not aware that there is a "battery saver" installed in the car which is supposed to take care of all these if any of the lights were accidentally on.

Hyundai instead of installing a Battery Saver installed a Battery Drainer.

Anyone else in this forum who had this issue and had the issue fixed?

I am also one of the unfortunates to blindly trust Hyundai and invest all my savings into this car. I bought the Grand I10 1.2 sportz on October and the Battery had drained out of the car twice. The so called software update was done when the battery drained out the first time. When the problem happed for the second time the service advisor tells it is my fault that I might have left the car's headlights on. Infact I did turn off all the headlights and music systems before leaving the car idle.

Looks like the service advisor too was not aware that there is a "battery saver" installed in the car which is supposed to take care of all these if any of the lights were accidentally on.

Hyundai instead of installing a Battery Saver installed a Battery Drainer.

Anyone else in this forum who had this issue and had the issue fixed?
Tragic to hear your car witnessed the concern for second time. The battery drainage is caused by a dead current flow, and it can be fixed by a software re-flash. Every authorized Hyundai service station has the tool to work on it. Even I do work on a Authorized service station and and we have done the same to most Grand I10 vehicles we sold. None of the customers had reported for the second time. Ensure even to turned off the cabin lights before you leave the car. If your car shows the same sign when you park the car idle for 2-3 days, check the car in service center.

Ps: The battery discharge concern is completely eliminated in new cars.

Tragic to hear your car witnessed the concern for second time. The battery drainage is caused by a dead current flow, and it can be fixed by a software re-flash. Every authorized Hyundai service station has the tool to work on it. Even I do work on a Authorized service station and and we have done the same to most Grand I10 vehicles we sold. None of the customers had reported for the second time. Ensure even to turned off the cabin lights before you leave the car. If your car shows the same sign when you park the car idle for 2-3 days, check the car in service center.

Ps: The battery discharge concern is completely eliminated in new cars.
Thank you Sureshisme, the service representative did confirm that the software was updated the first time itself, strangely even he was clueless as to why this issue happened for the send time.

I have parked the car on Monday night and spent 5 mins just to make sure every light, etc is switched off. Keeping it idle for this week to see if the issue is fixed.

Planning to open the car daily from tomorrow to see if the battery indicator shows any signs of the battery draining.[sad]

Thank you Sureshisme, the service representative did confirm that the software was updated the first time itself, strangely even he was clueless as to why this issue happened for the send time.

I have parked the car on Monday night and spent 5 mins just to make sure every light, etc is switched off. Keeping it idle for this week to see if the issue is fixed.

Planning to open the car daily from tomorrow to see if the battery indicator shows any signs of the battery draining.[sad]
Hope your battery draining issue will not crop up again. Do update here if you experience it again. I will spread all my lights to help you.

Top Bottom