Hyundai Grand i10 Battery Discharging Problem

Do you experience battery discharging issue in your Grand i10 / Xcent?

• Total voters

bhvm

Honoured Member
0.16 is actually a lot. Hours add up.
Did'nt they replace your cluster in Warranty? I have seen Forums flooded with i10 (Or similar Models) having battery drain issue.
Looks like a Class action lawsuit in other countries but sadly we don't have those benefits for Indian consumers.

0.16 is actually a lot. Hours add up.
Did'nt they replace your cluster in Warranty? I have seen Forums flooded with i10 (Or similar Models) having battery drain issue.
Looks like a Class action lawsuit in other countries but sadly we don't have those benefits for Indian consumers.

I raised the battery drain issue on hyundai FB page one night. The car was abt 5 months into warranty. The service center called me early morning next day and asked me to bring the at car. They dismantled the aftermarket autocop and stereo, removed the memory fuse and said that the junction box is burnt due to improper wiring (there was none) I would have to pay 15k for the replacement. I asked for some time but got used to pressing the recirculation button for the ac everytime I start the car.

After the warranty got over, I rewired the stereo with a direct connection. The lockdown holiday was a ood time to complete pending work on the car so just last week, connected the clock and ac switches directly to the battery with an external fuse tap. I remembered the trip meter a few days later. Next day wired that too. The battery was now flat after 2 days.

I may keep the car for another 2-3 years or sell the car in a year's time. But dnt want to sell a half working car to anyone. Even if its just the trip meters. I was not aware about the cluster being an issue. Only after I read the long post by vdxxdv that I thot of cluster being he culprit the whole time.

Now I am not in a postion to buy a new cluster, so will hunt for a used one at Kurla CST Road. Any idea if this is a repairable issue or just bad manufacturing?

If I do decide to replace it, do I have to find a year/model specific part?

bhvm

Honoured Member
Looks like they Found something to wash the claim away (Extra wiring).
I am Unsure about what component is faulty in the cluster as there are many. Better would be to find a new or Used cluster if in good Condition. Be warned Person selling used cluster might have the very same problem as yours.

Tri meter reset issue is a common issue in Grandi10 .
Denying warranty for unauthorised fitment is company's right, and in my case , my SA -myself , we have good rapport, and he knows I don't do shoddy accesories fitment, so warranty wasn't denied (In my case Airbag clockspring)

Tri meter reset issue is a common issue in Grandi10 .
Denying warranty for unauthorised fitment is company's right, and in my case , my SA -myself , we have good rapport, and he knows I don't do shoddy accesories fitment, so warranty wasn't denied (In my case Airbag clockspring)
Sadly the customer's right does not count even if he was sold a defective product to begin with. On top of that the company gives a false excuse of another part getting damaged when no such thing has happened.

I shud have persued the matter further with an external customer agency. If I was half as smart as some others who would fight tooth n nail for their rights, the company wud have atleast offered a compromise if not a free replacement. No excuse for being naive.

Even my 2013 grand i10 has recently developed battery drain and after a week the SA has found that the issue is in fuse box. He is saying it needs to be replaced and cost is 28k..any suggestions please?

That they have not mentioned yet but said fault lies in the junction/fuse box and it is leaking current. There is no way to repair it and that part has to be replaced as per them.
I am thinking to show the car to a nearby garage once.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Battery drain usually happens due to ghost loads, such as Faulty accessories or things left on.
Seems hard to understand how a fusebox can do that.

Is it fuse box or BCM(Body control module), not to be confused with ECM(Engine control module). 28K unusual for fuse box. Can be BCM with wiring harness and reprogramming. A experienced mechanic can solve you problems without all these things.

Can be BCM module. Usually BCM module integrated with fuse box. Where its location in the engine bay or in driver side firewall area. What is the cost.

Top Bottom