Hyundai Grand i10 Audio System Query

@i10Grand the stock HU won't have enough output to allow the Polk crossover to function properly! It won't be bad quality, but the extra cost is unjustifiable, because even the JBL has more than enough power handling for up to a medium sized amp!

But yea, powerful speakers will always be limited by a standard HU.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Well, I would to enquire about one more thing.

I have 1200 W PMPO Sony home music system. which is not working. But the speakers are working fine. Have a look at its picture below.

View attachment 124155

My query--> is it possible to attach these speakers to my grand i10 factory fitted HU with a pair or two of good genuine tweeters?

I also intend to use a 2 channel amp to connect these speakers with the HU. I wanted to know is it safe to use them. Is there any chance that output from amplifier might damage them or something ?

Please reply. Thanx in advance.
Im a bit late to reply
About your Sony DECK. Yes if the speakers are 4 ohm or 6 ohm , you can wire them in place of stock wiring terminals. But where will you keep them? and won't they look odd? I must admit that deck speakers sound very good.

Other option is to keep stock systems as-is, get a 2 channel AMP and connect via RCA to your existing audio HU. and install these DECK speakers on the new AMP,

Here is my ICE Head unit, Its a Pionner FH-X559UI, multi color illumination, stylish desigh & great features.
This looks neat! I am looking to fit in a Pioneer 2DIN HU like this in my Grand i10 Magna. Did this require a bracket for support? Dealer says it would need a bracket/fascia change that costs ~Rs. 3000!

This looks neat! I am looking to fit in a Pioneer 2DIN HU like this in my Grand i10 Magna. Did this require a bracket for support? Dealer says it would need a bracket/fascia change that costs ~Rs. 3000!
Brackets not necessary, not required in my setup. My mechanic installed the head unit with some "Metal angle" & are tightly screwed no shakes at all. No rattle sound or anything while the vehicle is on move.

Attachments

Thread Starter #35
Im a bit late to reply
About your Sony DECK. Yes if the speakers are 4 ohm or 6 ohm , you can wire them in place of stock wiring terminals. But where will you keep them? and won't they look odd? I must admit that deck speakers sound very good.

Other option is to keep stock systems as-is, get a 2 channel AMP and connect via RCA to your existing audio HU. and install these DECK speakers on the new AMP,
Thanks a lot sir. that is exactly what I did, that is kept the same HU Which i got as factory fitted. Only difference is, I got installed 4 channel amp instead of 2 channel and the system is working really well. It sounds as good as an after market, must costlier, sony, JBL or pioneer HU with woofer installed...!

I installed 4 channel amp with a thought that may be in future I may install woofer and a pair of decent speakers. Thanks a lot for your words sir.[:)]

bhvm

Honoured Member
Thanks a lot sir. that is exactly what I did, that is kept the same HU Which i got as factory fitted. Only difference is, I got installed 4 channel amp instead of 2 channel and the system is working really well. It sounds as good as an after market, must costlier, sony, JBL or pioneer HU with woofer installed...!

I installed 4 channel amp with a thought that may be in future I may install woofer and a pair of decent speakers. Thanks a lot for your words sir.[:)]
mate, you made a great decision by going for 4 channel amp. for my xuv 500 thunderbolt, the seller was adamant about mono amp (My use is subwoofer mostly ) but I insisted on 4 channel amp. I usually run 2 mini woofers (6.5 inch each )on it. I also have some removable 6x9 boxes in case I'm going alone. the flexibility of 4 channel amp is impressive.

about deck speakers, I have Phillips deck speakers (1500w pmpo ) that work well with the car amp and you're right, they're good enough to provide subwoofer like quality. I love them.

I'll be pleased to have pictures of your amp, speaker and whole setup. thanks.

Hey guys m owning grand i10 sportz model
It is having integrated music system so I want to
upgrade that system with an amplifier n subwoofer
Can it be possible to do so for Hyundai's HU?
Plz help me out guys...
N m planning to go for Sony xpload xm-n502 amplifier
and Poineer tube type subwoofer TS-WX304T.
Can these two do good for my car?
Thank you

Last edited:
i have Grand Mangna and i have done audio setup from dealer itself.
HU: SONY 2-Din Xplod without Bluetooth (Model No - WX GT88UI)
Speakers : Blaupunkt 3-way coaxial 6.6" speaker of 220 W

The whole setup cost me Rs.15000/-

Thread Starter #39
Hey guys m owning grand i10 sportz model
It is having integrated music system so I want to
upgrade that system with an amplifier n subwoofer
Can it be possible to do so for Hyundai's HU?
Plz help me out guys...
N m planning to go for Sony xpload xm-n502 amplifier
and Poineer tube type subwoofer TS-WX304T.
Can these two do good for my car?
Thank you
yes. the combination will be good. however it will not be as good as the one having pioneer HU or sony HU but still quite good. I have not installed woofers and separate speakers. I just installed speakers of sony music system (used in homes) and I installed a 4 channel amp and the sound I am getting is quite good. so HU is not a big problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
When you install a woofer the guys will provide a separate switch which will work from Direct battery power. Last week i forgot to switch it off and the battery completely drained out. So before installing the after market stuff, kindly make sure you are aware of the issues which we need to face further.

Guys,
My first post so please forgive me for any mistake
Recently I purchased grand i10 diesel magna, want to install good music system so please help me out.
my budget is 13k
my basic criteria is the speakers should be on the door only I can't afford it in rear parcel tray.
I am inclined toward
Pioneer hu 369 double din (getting for 6k)
And infinity speakers 280 watts for 2500 a pair
Need to know how is the above hu from pioneer I heard it has low quality sound.also please suggest me good speakers.
Thanks in advance.

Guys,
My first post so please forgive me for any mistake
Recently I purchased grand i10 diesel magna, want to install good music system so please help me out.
my budget is 13k
my basic criteria is the speakers should be on the door only I can't afford it in rear parcel tray.
I am inclined toward
Pioneer hu 369 double din (getting for 6k)
And infinity speakers 280 watts for 2500 a pair
Need to know how is the above hu from pioneer I heard it has low quality sound.also please suggest me good speakers.
Thanks in advance.
Hu is good no problem, Pioneer Hu are really very good compared to Sony & some other brands. The sound quality is also excellent. I am concerned about Infinity speakers. What's the model no.? As most Infinity speakers are 3 Ohms. Which is not suitable without an Amp, it can blow up your Head Unit. You can also look for some other brands like Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JBL, Hertz etc. Anything below 4 ohms not recommended for use without an Amp.

thanks i10 grand.
i was talking about infinity pr6502, yes you were correct it has 3 ohm independence.
but the car accessories person didnt informed with for amp.
i have finalised the pioneer hu FH 369 UB. please suggest me good set of speakers for 7k including both pairs.
what about jbl gto509c component speakers??? can i install tweeters without drilling on doors .

Top Bottom