Hyundai Grand i10 Audio System Query

Hi,
Thanks for letting know that you have brought from Snapdeal. The problem i am facing that if i buy from Snapdeal all the reputed car accessories shops in kolkata are declining to install it on my car. I have a i10 Magna. But the snapdeal price is very low. Difference from the dealer is coming around 2000/-. please help.
Any car accessory shop wont fit your ICE, unless you buy accessories from them. You just talk to the mechanic/technician if he is ready to fit your accessory (don't speak any words with owner of the shop) offer him some cash 300-400.
In my case as Hyundai service manager is my friend, i didn't face any problem, he asked to bring the car along with ICE to the showroom & his mechanic will do rest of the work.
you can ask your dealer to help you in installing your ICE, surely they'll help you. or just find local workshop & get it fitted.

Thread Starter #17
Well, I would to enquire about one more thing.

I have 1200 W PMPO Sony home music system. which is not working. But the speakers are working fine. Have a look at its picture below.

1378227591_542329007_1-Sony-make-music-system-1200-w-pmpo-Amrawati-Colony.jpg

My query--> is it possible to attach these speakers to my grand i10 factory fitted HU with a pair or two of good genuine tweeters?

I also intend to use a 2 channel amp to connect these speakers with the HU. I wanted to know is it safe to use them. Is there any chance that output from amplifier might damage them or something ?

Please reply. Thanx in advance.

Which speaker is better for front door ? please suggest me whether Polk Audio DB 651 or Pioneer TS 1605 C. Will DB 651 directly fit behind door panel ? I doubt tweeter may get obstructed by panel. I want to shift front speakers to rear. Please audio gurus suggest something.

Dear Rollingpunjab,

I have been through a similar issue once and would like to tell you that although adding 6 speakers onto one head unit is possible and not too difficult to do, you might want to explore alternatives first.

Try adjusting the settings on the head unit, sometimes getting the balance and equalizer settings just right can make a huge difference...free of charge!

If that doesn't work, you can always just replace the stock (door) speakers with larger, more powerful units, as this will not affect your stereo's warranty or car's electrical integrity, while hugely improving your audio.

In a car the size of a hatchback, 4 speakers are more than enough if set up right, at 6 speakers you might end up with muddy audio.

Ps. When choosing speakers, do NOT judge them solely on the power rating! Judge them by the power output of each component! ie. 3- and 4- way speakers have a "micro-tweeter" for super-high frequencies, which can increase the power rating drastically (Because of boring physics reasons) without giving any better sound quality than an average 240W Sony or JVC pair! Eventually, the best speaker output balance is down to your musical tastes/preferences.

Which speaker is better for front door ? please suggest me whether Polk Audio DB 651 or Pioneer TS 1605 C. Will DB 651 directly fit behind door panel ? I doubt tweeter may get obstructed by panel. I want to shift front speakers to rear. Please audio gurus suggest something.
Hi,

Rather than fitting separate tweeters, which will make the system more difficult to install/maintain/work on, why don't you just consider buying 3-way or 4-way speakers? These cost a bit extra because they consist of a low-mid woofer, mid-range driver, tweeter and the 4-way ones also have a micro-tweeter.

Hi,
Thanks for letting know that you have brought from Snapdeal. The problem i am facing that if i buy from Snapdeal all the reputed car accessories shops in kolkata are declining to install it on my car. I have a i10 Magna. But the snapdeal price is very low. Difference from the dealer is coming around 2000/-. please help.
Check with Hyundai dealer they will charge you money and fit.
i done for my Grand i10 at dealer itself(brought from snap a deal)

Re: hyundai grand i10 audio system

Don't worry, I have purchased hundreds of item online specially snapdeal as it have Automotive category. Here they sell are 100% genuine & original products, no duplicate products found till now.
The main this is that you'll find good price difference compared to your street market. Currently its giving 10% instant cash back on selling price but during my purchase of these speakers & Head unit it was 15% on each item [:D]. But if money is not big-deal than you can buy from any where according to your comfort.
I have placed the crossover just above the speaker, (measuring 60 degree from left angle, just for an idea) The speaker magnets are not affecting the door windows its normal as earlier.
You can check if there are RCA connectors in your O.E Head Unit for connecting Amplifier, if so then add an Amp & your sound quality will'be mind blowing. It totally depends on amp how the speaker will perform to its optimum level.
I had a question about purchasing speakers on snapdeal (although it may seem like a stupid one):

When you bought the speakers, did they come with the connector wires? (ie. To connect from the vehicle's plastic port-type connector to the speaker terminals.)

Hi,

Rather than fitting separate tweeters, which will make the system more difficult to install/maintain/work on, why don't you just consider buying 3-way or 4-way speakers? These cost a bit extra because they consist of a low-mid woofer, mid-range driver, tweeter and the 4-way ones also have a micro-tweeter.
Hi ! Can you suggest me speakers for front doors from Polks audio DB 651 two way or JBL GT6 S366 based on SQ, easy fitment on door panels. DB is having better low frequency.

Hi ! Can you suggest me speakers for front doors from Polks audio DB 651 two way or JBL GT6 S366 based on SQ, easy fitment on door panels. DB is having better low frequency.
The effective output sort of depends, what are the specs of the head unit or amp you will connect them to?

Hello, Goaboy, earlier i have suggest the best speakers in the price range, since you are not interested to my suggested speakers , here are some other more speakers for you Infinity - PR6500CS, JBL GTO509C. For best sound experience component speaker is a must. There's a very big difference between component & coaxial speakers that's why i am suggesting you only for component. For high frequency you'll be using coaxial stock speakers & consider any of these speakers for low frequency sound & punchy bass. And if you want more control over your speaker then install an Amp.

Hello, Goaboy, earlier i have suggest the best speakers in the price range, since you are not interested to my suggested speakers , here are some other more speakers for you Infinity - PR6500CS, JBL GTO509C. For best sound experience component speaker is a must. There's a very big difference between component & coaxial speakers that's why i am suggesting you only for component. For high frequency you'll be using coaxial stock speakers & consider any of these speakers for low frequency sound & punchy bass. And if you want more control over your speaker then install an Amp.
I appreciate your advice , but please dont mind , since I want to stick to coaxial and with low RMS , so that I need not add amps. I am sure your choice will no doubt give very good SQ, but since my music system is O.E. so it may not sound as good as yours. My O.E. speakers are full range with no tweeters but gives good high frequency , but no low frequency. So my dear friend , please suggest some good coaxial speaker which will enhance the low frequency without adding amp.

I appreciate your advice , but please dont mind , since I want to stick to coaxial and with low RMS , so that I need not add amps. I am sure your choice will no doubt give very good SQ, but since my music system is O.E. so it may not sound as good as yours. My O.E. speakers are full range with no tweeters but gives good high frequency , but no low frequency. So my dear friend , please suggest some good coaxial speaker which will enhance the low frequency without adding amp.
If you have OEM HU and no amp, from the options you gave I would suggest the JBL. Since the Polk audio one will only perform well when connected to either an amp or a high power HU.

Last edited:
If you have OEM HU and no amp, from the options you gave I would suggest the JBL. Since the Polk audio one will only perform well when connected to either an amp or a high power HU.
Hi Viru !
How about Pioneer 3 way TS A 635 or TS A 634 ? Both have got low frequency response up to 35 hz. The major difference between the two speakers is A 634 is having RMS of 35 W & where as A 635 is 50 W. Which will suit my requirements ? I just want to enhance low frequency to some extent. I am satisfied with high frequency

Last edited:
Hi Viru !
How about Pioneer 3 way TS A 635 or TS A 634 ? Both have got low frequency response up to 35 hz. The major difference between the two speakers is A 634 is having RMS of 35 W & where as A 635 is 50 W. Which will suit my requirements ? I just want to enhance low frequency to some extent. I am satisfied with high frequency

Although there is not a significant difference (I suspect the A635 was meant to replace the A634), I would recommend the A635. It's thicker cone material should minimize distortion with bass/low-range output.

ok then, Polk audio would be best in my opinion, Polk uses quality material for their DB series, like Silk/Polymer composite Dome tweeter to give crisp clear highs & mica composite cone for tight accurate base and punchy mids. Materials are more durable/ long lasting.
As Viru has mentioned Polk audio will only perform well when connected to either an amp or a high power HU, i agree to some extent. If you wish to add Amp later go for it & if not then also go for it. Without amp also it will perform good.
And regarding Pioneer speakers, generally more the RMS means better the sound. RMS is the constant output of the amplifier at any given frequency. In your case it won't help because, HU's amp are not powerful any HU have RMS between 15-20w X4. so your 35 & 50w will reduced to max 20w RMS.
Final verdict- Between Pioneer A634-A635 go for A635 & between Polk, pioneer, & JBL go for POLK.

Top Bottom