Hyundai Grand i10 Asta Ownership Review

bhvm

Honoured Member
Faint beeping usually means a ground leak. Maybe one of the Grounds going to the battery/ Body/ beeper are loose or rusted. They cause faint ghost issues like these. Takes time to sort em out.

Faint beeping usually means a ground leak. Maybe one of the Grounds going to the battery/ Body/ beeper are loose or rusted. They cause faint ghost issues like these. Takes time to sort em out.
Wont that be a continous tone? Mine is an occassional single beep. Obvious on low speeds . Not noticed at high speeds though.

Check handbrake (sometimes handbrake maybe jammed , very mildly ) , it can be handbrake reminder (buzzer alone ringing), whereas the jamming is mild so that the check handbrake light isn't popping .
Even that is checked. Btw, I felt the tyre/road noise had increased in the last couple of mnths . So I raised the car on to rotate the rear wheels to see if there ix an issue with bearings. The rear right wheel was not moving freely, as if brakes are applied lightly. Opened it with the help of a trusted mechanic and got the brake wheel cylinder changed. Noise has reduced substancially and the car is able to coast longer now.

Thread Starter #2,227
Mates, I had posted this thread 7 years back as the first Grand I 10 owner of TAI. Except for the initial battery drain issue, I am still running my car without any hassles and its been a great companion. Have done many 600Kms/day kind of drives with this car.
Thinking of another change now. Any suggestions? Or I should wait more,

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
If the car is not giving troubles then why change and add an EMI. If maintained well car won't give trouble for atleast 10-12 years.
How many kms has your car done ?
Spend on some bodywork and paint , get the car drycleaned.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
That's a lot of running in 7 years. At around this mark get ready to spend around 20k in future maintenance but beleive me spending will be worth for another 5-6 years. Most of the rubber belts needs to replaced , oil seals may or may not fail, suspension overhaul needs to be done.

I dont think 7 years is anything to be worried about. Cars can easily last more than 1 lakh kms and 10 years if maintained properly. Since you don't have any major issues, I don't think there is anything to be skeptical. Just get the recommended maintenance works done and you are good to go.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
My santro did a highway trip at 160k kms and that too on cng and returned back normal without breakdown. So all depends on proper maintenance. Many owners get engine overhaul done after getting cng fitted at around 50k-60k kms but our car did more than 140k kms without any engine issues.

Top Bottom