Hyundai Grand i10 Asta Ownership Review

My Grand i10 tyres are due for a change now. hough done only 25000kms, the threads now have micro cracks. The tyres have also become very noisy. Driving over concrete roads at 60kmph is painful to the ears.

I have been looking for reviews on Jk Vectras but could not find much. The first gen Swift when launched came with JK Vectras.There were many complaints with these Vecras and I have read some horrible reviews on another website. JK then launched an improved version of the Vectras a couple of years later. Now Vectras come factory fitted with premium cars like the Skoda Rapid, VW Vento and Chevy Cruze. I am sure these tyres are decent enuf or the German car makers will not risk tarnishing their image.

My daily usage is abt 10 kms at a maximum of 60 kmph. I make two trips to Pune via the Yashwantrao Chavan Mumbai-Pune expressway and may be a trip to Goa where the car sees speeds between 80-110. Are Vectras really safe for these speeds and how are they in the long run?

My primary needs are safety,low noise, comfort...in that order. Vectras are pocket friendly too. Inputs and suggestion appreciated.

I am also considering Bridgestone B290, Apollo 4g Life and 3G Maxx. But if Vectra does it all then the JK dealer gets the payment.

Thanks in advance.

Are you considering Yokohama? Even my tires are due for change, when i last visited Alignment and Balancing shop the guy said that Yokahama (175mm) are best for Grand i10. I am yet to do research on tires.

I will be fitting 165/70 r14 tyres. The options are limited in this size. Plus I donot knw much about features of Yokos. I knw about Michelin XM2 but its the last option considering the price.

Just curious....I recently drove a Swift with 165/80 Apollo Amazer tyres. The ride was super smooth. Is there any possibility that I can get these on standard wheels without fouling the wheel arches?

I recommend Bridgestone B290 , its great (compared to B250 , 290 is bit more softer rubber , so pros when compared to the former is , its bit more plush ride ) . B 290 is stock in Innova Crysta .I also recommend MRF Perfinza (Its a totally different league , perfect in all aspects , can meet other segment leaders )

Goodyear is a hit or miss , 2 of my friends had issues - one was an eagleF1 - which suffered multiple punctures (maybe due to the thread pattern not suited for our roads , although it looked great , and had great cornering ), another was a NCT5 , which suffered a side wall hit .

Thread Starter #2,217
Any inputs on going with 165/80 size?
Why are you looking for the upgrade? the standard tyres are good for the car size unlike some bigger cars that have smaller tyres.
I had opted for JK ultima of the standard size, have done 10K+ on these tyres. you can also chose yokohama.

I have been hearing this faint beeping sound when the car is in motion. I am not able to relate it with any specific thing. I smthimrs hear it when I shift to neutral or smtimes when doing low speeds. Tried mating it with the shift indicator, odo n trip meters but the sound does not seem to time with any of these [confused]

Top Bottom