Hyundai Grand i10 Asta Ownership Review

Place an order and ask them to source it. 175 will jut out a bit and may affect steering feedback and FE, check with Hyundai authorised service center
I checked with them last week during the service, quoted 4500 for 1 tire, too steep thats the reason for checking elsewhere. Saw some Indonesian made tires at a shop, forgot the name.

Dear All,
I joined his forum recently though I am driving cars for a long time.
I own Hyundai grand i10 Asta, fully loaded, petrol bought more than two years back. One drawback I see is that, it doesn't have mileage display on the cluster board. I heard from my colleagues that (I work in automotive electronics industry) from OBD port and with an external device the mileage of the car can be displayed on the mobile phone.
Has anyone used such method already and is it works? Which external module to be used and which app?
My apologies if this is already discussed in this form, then, please send me the thread link for that.

Thanks and Regards,
Shrikant
Bangalore

Dear All,
I own Hyundai grand i10 Asta, fully loaded, petrol bought more than two years back. One drawback I see is that, it doesn't have mileage display on the cluster board. I heard from my colleagues that (I work in automotive electronics industry) from OBD port and with an external device the mileage of the car can be displayed on the mobile phone.
Has anyone used such method already and is it works? Which external module to be used and which app?
My apologies if this is already discussed in this form, then, please send me the thread link for that.

Thanks and Regards,
Shrikant
Bangalore
Would recommend that you use the tankful to tankful method. Have been doing so for the past over 4 years and its fairly accurate.

Will be getting a Grand i10 sportz next week. What are the things to look for in the long run? Any specific care to be taken upfront so that issues do not crop up later, based on your ownership experience? Please advise.

Will be getting a Grand i10 sportz next week. What are the things to look for in the long run? Any specific care to be taken upfront so that issues do not crop up later, based on your ownership experience? Please advise.
Just dont push it too hard, i.e above 80km/hr during the first 1500kms and try not to go over 2 to 2.5k rpm. Mine is the December 2013 model which came with battery drain issue, I dont think that the new ones have any issues at all. Definitely buy extended warranty before the initial warranty ends and if available go for AMC package. I have done 55K plus kms, driven in city and hills, love my grandi10, only wish Hyundai didnt use i10 since it has nothing in common with the i10. Try and get Goodyear/Bridgestone tyres, better than Apollo i feel. Move to sythetic oil (discuss with your SA, i believe you can move after 20K kms) Enjoy your new ride.

Dear All,

Thanks and Regards,
Shrikant
Bangalore
Buy any obd ll device which can be brought from any e-commerce site. There app called torque pro on Android play store, after configuring it you be able to check your cars mileage and orher useful information.

Thread Starter #2,197
Guys, I am going for 64K service.
Going for a complete clutch overhaul, apart from regular service and oil, air filter replacement etc.
Any other suggestions please.

Dear All,

Thanks and Regards,
Shrikant
Bangalore

OBD2 is compatible in all cars manufactured after 2009. USing apps like Torque, Torque Pro and many other apps in Playstore, yes, the numbers of the cars like power, torque, rpm, etc, can be viewed on mobile. Mileage - I am unsure, may be in your i10 Asta, the mileage may show up.

I have come across this in forums, but have never tried in my Santro 2013 Xing, as I never felt the need to. I use tank full to tank full method to arrive at the close to accurate figures.

Regards
Kumar

Just dont push it too hard, i.e above 80km/hr during the first 1500kms and try not to go over 2 to 2.5k rpm. Mine is the December 2013 model which came with battery drain issue, I dont think that the new ones have any issues at all. Definitely buy extended warranty before the initial warranty ends and if available go for AMC package. I have done 55K plus kms, driven in city and hills, love my grandi10, only wish Hyundai didnt use i10 since it has nothing in common with the i10. Try and get Goodyear/Bridgestone tyres, better than Apollo i feel. Move to sythetic oil (discuss with your SA, i believe you can move after 20K kms) Enjoy your new ride.
Wow lawyeronwheels..

Can you share your mileage figures - city AC and highway AC, if you don't mind ?

Regards
Kumar

Guys,

Just wanted to share my experience in brief about Grand i10 Petrol (Asta) that I bought last year. Done 18k+ so far with few long trips like Pune-Gir-Somnath-Dwarka-Pune (2500+ km.) and few others (all 1000+ km.), all involving all-night driving.

The driving experience has been excellent, very smooth drives, getting mileage of 20+ km/l on highways and around 15/16 km/l in city with AC all the time. I usually try to maintain speed between 70-90 km/h on highways.

Done 3rd servicing last month, just regular one.

Here's one thing which I did not like about AC but got used to it now - I always keep AC in auto mode, but every time the AC kicks in, there's a slight jerk usually on low speeds. SA says it's normal. Otherwise, it's all good so far, just wish the Gi10 had the following features ..

1. mileage & distance to empty display
2. back lights for power windows' buttons
3. cabin light in the middle
4. projector lamps or at least white lights (for head lamps)

Wanted to start a separate ownership review thread, but it's in progress mode.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2,203
Have changed My stock tyres after doing 63K on them. Good life with the stock Apollo Tyres I feel. Have opted for JLG ULTIMA and driven 2.5K Kms already on the new tyres. Good high speed stability and significant improvement in the road noise. I got them for Rs3600/Tyre in Vadodata.

Thread Starter #2,204
Here's one thing which I did not like about AC but got used to it now - I always keep AC in auto mode, but every time the AC kicks in, there's a slight jerk usually on low speeds. SA says it's normal......
QUOTE]

Yes this is normal if you start the AC-Blower at full speed you would feel that slight power lag, As A/C unit draws power.

Just one suggestion may be you have already figured it out. Drive Grand around 2500-3000rpm and you will get excellent throttle response. It pulls neatly even in 5th gear from little less than 2500rpm levels.

Sure, will try that. Another doubt if you or somebody can clarify please. Here's the video of noise when AC kicks in [please hear between 9-12 and 26-32 seconds frame]. I hope it is normal but just wanted to be sure, though I suspect if it has anything do to with alternator / AC clutch bearings. Thanks.

Top Bottom