Hyundai Grand i10 Asta Ownership Review

Re: My Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) Petrol Booked & Delivered

Parth,

First of all congrats on your new car. Yes its really GRAND. I was shocked to see keyless entry and rear AC vents [Personally I love this feature] in this segment car with that price tag.

My friend had worked in Chennai Hyndai factory for 10 years, commented me after seeing this car that If am planing to change the car I can very well look into it. The extensive test they do is best in industry.

15 with 100% AC should be a reasonable figure for fresh wheels. This should improve after your first service. Out of the total 700kms that you covered how was the Highway/city ratio?

The best technique to note FE is the tank full to tank full method. You can also have the following option:
If your car is equipped with a low fuel warning light and once it comes ON say at 'x' km fill it with some 'a' litres of fuel, after covering some distance the light will once again turn ON say at 'y' km. Mileage = (y-x)km/a litres. Hope this is clear [sleep]
It was 80% highway driving.
Yes ,I prefer the low fuel warning method will have to check the manual as how much fuel still remains in the tank after this.
Fantastic method. it is equvalant to checking your FE of your two wheeler in reserve to reserve method. 95% accurate.

Thanks singh890. YEs I will Add some pics soon.

Thanks Dharmesh, yes the steering is (bit) Heavier than other hyundais. Also As per SE it is no more EPS after speed of 60KMPH and becomes a normal steering.
Also At high speed I checked without holding the steering, Car keeps its straight lane.
It gave me confidance on sharp road turns better than our Vista.

Thanks & Yes I too guess so.

Hi, Which model is he looking Petrol or diesel?
I do not understand. Why heavier is good steering. I was thinking smoother is good one. I could feel the difference of steering of my sparky and other cars i drove, Beat [My friends] and Corralla [High end model] where min used to be heavier.

Hey venkythaniks, yes the smartkey is available for Sportz variant as well.
Yes my family was in back seat, as per them it is roomier and ride is better than our Vista. (Not in width though).
As per the dealer he did not have any accessories available by that time. But yes I can get this information when i go for 1st service,if you must have it earlier please let me know.

Guys here are some pics of my Car, Will shoot detail pics next week end.
Wonderful pictures. Love the color. But make sure to wipe the dust or wash the car often. even a small dirt will look prominently. Draw back of dark colors.

Thread Starter #32

Parth,
First of all congrats on your new car. Yes its really GRAND. I was shocked to see keyless entry and rear AC vents [Personally I love this feature] in this segment car with that price tag.
My friend had worked in Chennai Hyndai factory for 10 years, commented me after seeing this car that If am planing to change the car I can very well look into it. The extensive test they do is best in industry..
Thanks, Did your friend share some information about the safety aspects of this vehicle, like build, chassis structure as compared to other cars in the segment?

I do not understand. Why heavier is good steering. I was thinking smoother is good one. I could feel the difference of steering of my sparky and other cars i drove, Beat [My friends] and Corralla [High end model] where min used to be heavier.
By heavier we meant not buttery like those who do not give any feedback at all, you are working on the steering and can not sense whats happening at the wheels at all.

Wonderful pictures. Love the color. But make sure to wipe the dust or wash the car often. even a small dirt will look prominently. Draw back of dark colors.
Yes mate, its some hard work I have already realized it. HAve to keep away from those big trucks who blow lot of dust on the road[;)]

Guys please also share some must do handling tips for a new car.

I had the garnet red ( metallic ) on next-gen and faced similar issues with dust and scratches. Even a small dust was completely visible.

Planning for the wild orange ( that's what i call it ) this time.. :)

Just a tiny tip.. make sure to check and turn off the rear AC vents when there is no rear passengers.
people usually tend to forget about that. My friend had that problem.

Last edited:

Heavier steering is good at higher speeds so that we get good feedback from the road. But Hyundai other cars have light steering even at higher speeds (That's what I have learnt from internet) so feedback from road is not proper.

So in I10 grand, they have light steering below 60KMPH, which is very handy in city traffic and after 60KMPH it is non EPS, so get better feedback from road, in tu8rn better confidence while driving on highways. [clap]

Thread Starter #36

@PARTH1231: Did you enquire about extended warranty?my dealer has no information regarding it
Yes nkonamme, even my dealer did not have any information about it. I am following up on it. Please post in case if you get any information.

Heavier steering is good at higher speeds so that we get good feedback from the road. But Hyundai other cars have light steering even at higher speeds (That's what I have learnt from internet) so feedback from road is not proper.

So in I10 grand, they have light steering below 60KMPH, which is very handy in city traffic and after 60KMPH it is non EPS, so get better feedback from road, in tu8rn better confidence while driving on highways. [clap]
Exactly, It is stated clearly in Grand I10 manual as well that the steering will get heavier with increasing speed.

Hey venkythaniks, yes the smartkey is available for Sportz variant as well.
Yes my family was in back seat, as per them it is roomier and ride is better than our Vista. (Not in width though).
As per the dealer he did not have any accessories available by that time. But yes I can get this information when i go for 1st service,if you must have it earlier please let me know.
Thanks parth. Good to hear about the roomier rear seats.

I can wait for the accessory info once you get this during your first service. No hurries ...

Car looks elegant in wine red color. Waiting for more pics from you.

Does Hyundai provides the option of choosing any color for any variant. For ex: Honda limits the color option for the base variants (E, EMT). I hope Hyundai does not post this limitation. I am starting to like the Orange color.

Thread Starter #38

Thanks parth. Good to hear about the roomier rear seats.

I can wait for the accessory info once you get this during your first service. No hurries ...

Car looks elegant in wine red color. Waiting for more pics from you.

Does Hyundai provides the option of choosing any color for any variant. For ex: Honda limits the color option for the base variants (E, EMT). I hope Hyundai does not post this limitation. I am starting to like the Orange color.
No limitation on the colour as such was informed to me by the dealer,I did enquire about diesel Sports.

Hey Parth
Had couple of questions - Does the rear door glass roll down completely and do the the door lock automatically once you increase the speed?

Thread Starter #40

Hey Parth
Had couple of questions - Does the rear door glass roll down completely and do the the door lock automatically once you increase the speed?
Hi Hatch, I think yes rear windows roll down comlete actually,I was never on back sit but my family did not complain so.
Regarding the automatic door locks the manual says doors will lock automaticaly after a speed of 15Kmph. I have a practise of locking driver door before taking of, and in grand all doors lock woth driver door lock.I will make a carefull check on this.

Thread Starter #42

Hi Chesterchaz, I fueled the car with 12L on fuel indicator, after that had a 170Km hiway + city drive and the indicator is still not on.Infact the pointer was slight away from the empty tank line so I expect it to do another 15-20Kms.

Thread Starter #43

Guys Some more pics.

Attachments

Good pics parth, are you from vadodara in gujrat or vadoara is some other place?

Top Bottom