Hyundai Grand i10 Asta Ownership Review

Anyone went for headlight upgrade in Grand i10. To 90/100 or to Hid projector? Please give a detail.
I upgraded to Relay + 100/90 philips rallye bulbs (12569RAC1 not 12xxxCP1)
night driving is way better than stock bulbs. road ahead illuminates to much longer extent.

Help Help Everyone!!
I have some doubt regarding dual setup horn, when I plug the trumpet horns directly to battery terminal, the sound is higher than when I connect the horns via a 30A relay+wiring . What could be the problem, the wiring, the relay or something else?

Last edited:
Had a query related to Grand i10 Asta (Petrol.) I bought it recently and would be publishing my review soon. But till then if somebody can help on this.

When I shift gears from 4 to 3, or 3 to 2, after certain distance there is a slight jerk, a sort-of a pressure as if the brakes are applied. Though I am neither engaging the clutch nor the brakes, and certainly no acceleration. Also, the speed is not slow enough that it would stall.

It's a new vehicle and I have driven just 350+ km. so far, so not sure if it is just due to new parts. Though that doesn't seem logical. Will be taking it to the showroom / workshop on Wednesday to get it verified.

Has anybody else experienced similar behavior with new vehicles?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Had a query related to Grand i10 Asta (Petrol.) I bought it recently and would be publishing my review soon. But till then if somebody can help on this.

When I shift gears from 4 to 3, or 3 to 2, after certain distance there is a slight jerk, a sort-of a pressure as if the brakes are applied. Though I am neither engaging the clutch nor the brakes, and certainly no acceleration. Also, the speed is not slow enough that it would stall.

It's a new vehicle and I have driven just 350+ km. so far, so not sure if it is just due to new parts. Though that doesn't seem logical. Will be taking it to the showroom / workshop on Wednesday to get it verified.

Has anybody else experienced similar behavior with new vehicles?

Thanks.
I also own Grand Asta Petrol and completed 5k plus km till date. So far not faced any issues related to gear transition. Drive is smooth till date.
Hope service guys are able to resolve the issue.

I also own Grand Asta Petrol and completed 5k plus km till date. So far not faced any issues related to gear transition. Drive is smooth till date.
Hope service guys are able to resolve the issue.
Thanks, but the issue is not with the transition of gears. It's more about some obstruction while the vehicle is slowing down in certain gear.

For example, I am driving in 4th gear @ 60 km/h and if I release the accelerator, the speed gradually drops but when it reaches around 40 km/h, I suddenly feel as if the brakes are applied. Similar is the case in other gears as well.

Never seen such a behavior in any of the vehicles I have driven so far. I would be taking the vehicle to workshop tomorrow, let's see what the technician has to say.

Well, I don't exactly remember but I have came across a thread on this site or some other. But someone had faced the same issue and it was resolved after throttle cleaning or replacing one of fuel injectors.

Sorry for confusing reply but I just thought that it may help you.

Thread Starter #2,185
Guys, Anyone replaced the Grand Stock Tires?

I have run 58K on the OEM tires and seems they can still do 1K Kms more but looking to change due to Monsoon.

Any suggestions?

Guys, Anyone replaced the Grand Stock Tires?

I have run 58K on the OEM tires and seems they can still do 1K Kms more but looking to change due to Monsoon.

Any suggestions?
Hi Partha,

Posting here after a very long time. My car has run 55K, since I frequent the hills of North India, one burst due to my mishandling (went off road) while trying to save a side collision at high speed and the other developed some bulges. So I bought 2 Yokohama Earth 1 tyres 165/70 trim, stock is 165/60, and fixed them in the front. Excellent grip, soft tyres so lesser noise. The rear still are the stock goodyear ones and still have some life in them.

For my 40K service I went to a local garage and replaced mineral with Sythetic oil, AGIP OIL, engine response became way better and now i get a constant FE of 14.5/15 in City with AC(my drives are mostly in 4th/5th gear).

Problems - Clutch getting harder and spongier, brakes have lost their bite (still on oem brakes); Music System stopped working, some IC went kaput.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thread Starter #2,187
Hi,

The stock tyres have given good life for both of us @ 55 to 60K and I am planning to go with the same tyres as replacement.
How much did the Tokohama cost you?

I drive 30 Kms daile and F/E is 15 -16 on AC.
The levels of cabin noise has increased over period. And my clutch has become hard too.

Hi,

The stock tyres have given good life for both of us @ 55 to 60K and I am planning to go with the same tyres as replacement.
How much did the Tokohama cost you?

I drive 30 Kms daile and F/E is 15 -16 on AC.
The levels of cabin noise has increased over period. And my clutch has become hard too.
Rs 6,400 for 2 tyres. No problem with handling because of the additional 5mm tyre height. Will replace my rear tyres with the same once they are due.

Rs 6,400 for 2 tyres. No problem with handling because of the additional 5mm tyre height. Will replace my rear tyres with the same once they are due.
My i10 is on steel wheels so the size is 165/65 but I am not finding tires for this size at a reasonable cost. All are quoting upwards of 3500 per tire even online. Only 175/65 seems to be the size thats available readily. Will going for this size at front hamper anything?

My i10 is on steel wheels so the size is 165/65 but I am not finding tires for this size at a reasonable cost. All are quoting upwards of 3500 per tire even online. Only 175/65 seems to be the size thats available readily. Will going for this size at front hamper anything?
Place an order and ask them to source it. 175 will jut out a bit and may affect steering feedback and FE, check with Hyundai authorised service center

Top Bottom