Hyundai Grand i10 (2017) Review & Pictures: Grand Expectations

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 2017: Pictorial Review

Simple and easy-to-read instrument cluster.

MID is surprisingly feature-less. All it has is two tripmeters, average speed and time since trip started.

Driver seat is height adjustable. The adjust-mechanism is much like my Fiesta's.

Neck rests…Oops. Headrests are integrated.

I love the attention to detail, again. Look at that flap on side of the seat to cover up the metal.

Great space inside the glovebox.

Lots of storage space. I love that center-console mobile holder in particular. BTW handbrake was very lose on our car.

Here’s a look at the new 7” touch screen unit.

Air-con chills to the core. Auto-climate control feature was much needed.

Short-throw and light-to-use gear stick.

View of outside from rear windscreen while sitting on driver’s seat.

Seatback pocket only on the left hand side.

Segment-first rear air-con vents (with a 12V socket below).

Transmission tunnel is almost-flat. Floor base is slanted for convenience (RHS image).

Minimum and maximum rear legroom. You won’t complain even when chauffeur driven.

© TheAutomotiveIndia.com. Republishing the text or pictures anyway without prior consent of our authorities is strictly forbidden.
Fantastic review. By the way, the white fiesta in the background is your's right?
I too dint like the rear bumper much, but otherwise this car has the best interiors.

Thread Starter #17

350Z

Core Team
Re: Hyundai Grand i10 2017: Pictorial Review

Very nice review. Thanks. So rear seat adjustable head rests are present only in the Asta variant? What about defogger?
Yup. The defogger is equipped on Sportz and Asta.

Fantastic review. By the way, the white fiesta in the background is your's right?
Thanks. Yes, that Fiesta is mine.

Drive Safe,
350Z

A superbly done review. Well written and highly informative.

Is it possible to upgrade the old gen grand i10 ICE with new gen's AVN system? If so that would be a great upgradation.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Nice review 350Z [cheers]. But in the picture of "Door Sill" why am I see "XCENT" mats ??

No scuff-guard.

As some have mentioned, rear bumper of earlier/outgoing model was quite decent.

Regards,
Mahendra

Last edited:
I recently bought Grand i10, its struggles on hills in the second gear. And sometimes feels lugged when ac is on. Is it I'm going soft on pedals? Or should i get the car checked?

I recently bought Grand i10, its struggles on hills in the second gear. And sometimes feels lugged when ac is on. Is it I'm going soft on pedals? Or should i get the car checked?
Petrol or Diesel? I have gone to few hill areas and haven't found any problem in power. Mine is 2015 Model

Grand i10 is RPM sensitive car. You need to keep your RPM in well above 1000 in second gear. If car struggles the don't hesitate to downshift to 1st.

I have not faced such things yet. In spite i was able to climb the flyover in 2nd gear without giving accelerator (with AC and three adults). So climbing on hills with soft accelerator input should not be a problem.

I have petrol one !!

Last edited:
Front end styling is spot on and is very stylish as well as sporty but all this is lost as i see the rear bumper. It is downright ugly to a already ugly rear hatch design (Although way better than few of its competitors). But the value for money price tag and fit and finish is absolutely spot on. I so wished Hyundai Grand i10 got a CVT or a AMT or atleast a 5 speed AT (Petrol as well as Diesel variants). 4 speed AT is just too outdated and it hits fuel efficiency too hard to recover i feel (Personal Experience as i am a previous Grand i10 owner)

There are good offers right now for the Grand i10. So I took a test drive of both the old and new i10. The car is good to drive but the brakes on the car are super sensitive. Both the cars gave jerks while braking at lower speed. Can any owner please confirm whether its really a problem with the i10? I am scared because there is a possibility of getting rear ended in traffic.
I took a test drive of the ignis as well but didnt find any such issue with it. Maybe thats because I am used to the brakes and driving style of my Alto 800. Thoughts please?

There are good offers right now for the Grand i10. So I took a test drive of both the old and new i10. The car is good to drive but the brakes on the car are super sensitive. Both the cars gave jerks while braking at lower speed. Can any owner please confirm whether its really a problem with the i10? I am scared because there is a possibility of getting rear ended in traffic.
I took a test drive of the ignis as well but didnt find any such issue with it. Maybe thats because I am used to the brakes and driving style of my Alto 800. Thoughts please?
You are right, Grand i10 is having sensitive brakes. You will get used to it once you start driving. For me these sensitive brakes have became plus point as it gives lot of confidence.

bhvm

Honoured Member
This is Psychological issue.
The same issue in my old gen i10. The brakes are so sensitive that you get jerks in city traffic. Esp After driving XUV you have to be super careful or people (Idiot bikers) could rear-end the car.

I took one more test drive at a different dealership and the jerks during low speed braking dont look like a deal breaker. I think I will get used to it in couple of days time. The paint and build quality is really good. I have almost finalized Grand i10. Now it depends on who offers the best deal. [:D]

Very good review. I recently bought the Grand i10 sportz(o) variant in Red passion color. Hyundai had good pre-GST discounts on most of their cars. Got 30k cash discount, free insurance, extended warranty and RSA. I love the ride quality grand i10 offers. Contrary to what is mentioned in the review, i was able to seat three average sized adults comfortably in the rear bench. Legroom is generous too. On the flip side, driver seat isn't the best place for big guys like me. Hyundai should have offered adjustable headrest on this car from sportz variant on wards.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Hyundai Grand i10 2017: You'll Love, You'll Loathe & Star Ratings

Is the dual tone nature of the rear bumper only for aesthetic purposes or is there some technical reason behind the black band on the behind
the only reason i can think of is paint saving by using the black part. this could be a secondary thing though. i am sure hyundai will charge the same for bumper paint for both the generations even though the paint used in the current gen will be much less.

Top Bottom