Hyundai Grand i10 (2017) Review & Pictures: Grand Expectations

Wouldn't there be additional cost in assembling two parts viz. the body coloured one and the black one. I see they are two different pieces.
Of course paint cost could be greater than assembling the two pieces

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I don't think so the cost of assembly will matter. Both parts must be joined using rivets.
Also if you take a look at any car's front bumper , there are lots of separate plastic parts ( radiator grill etc)

Attachments

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 2017 Review & Pictures: Grand Expectations

Nicely put review 350z!
Now Why do they have to put that Fish mouth style black bumper on the rear?
Round reflectors look so rikshaw-class and there are no bold Black elements present elsewhere in the theme. Old gen car looks better from the rear.
for petrol version hood insulator will come ???

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 2017 Review & Pictures: Grand Expectations

For the petrol one, no insulator is given.
Since the bonnet is same, the punched holes are the same.
You may opt to fit an insulator if you need one, very easily.

Friends,

A new color has been introduced by Hyundai in Grand i10. The Orange color similar to the new Verna 2017. Saw it today in Noida.

View attachment 232772

View attachment 232773

View attachment 232774

Regards

Akash
This colour is looking nice..I think orange is introduced first time in any car..

There are good offers right now for the Grand i10. So I took a test drive of both the old and new i10. The car is good to drive but the brakes on the car are super sensitive. Both the cars gave jerks while braking at lower speed. Can any owner please confirm whether its really a problem with the i10? I am scared because there is a possibility of getting rear ended in traffic.
I took a test drive of the ignis as well but didnt find any such issue with it. Maybe thats because I am used to the brakes and driving style of my Alto 800. Thoughts please?
Did you finalize the Grand i10 , which variant and how much did it cost you on road in Pune..?

Did you finalize the Grand i10 , which variant and how much did it cost you on road in Pune..?
Nope. I thought a lot and then decided not to go ahead with it due to lack of security features and other issues . Hyundai is offering mouth watering discounts on the Grand i10 , so check out and TD once if you are interested.

What did you consider in other issues ?
Fuel efficiency - My monthly running is around 800-1000 kms, so this factor was very important.
Sensitive brakes - It gave me jerk every time I hit the brakes. This is something you might get used to it though.
Poor horn - No deal breaker, but the horn was really pathetic in both old and new TD car.
As I said earlier, the most important factor was lack of ABS and Dual Airbags. ABS is a must in today's time. If you want to go ahead with Grand i10, then please take multiple test drives and try to go for top end Asta version if budget permits. I heard discounts are in excess of 50-60k, so you might end up getting a sweet deal.

Fuel efficiency - My monthly running is around 800-1000 kms, so this factor was very important.
Sensitive brakes - It gave me jerk every time I hit the brakes. This is something you might get used to it though.
Poor horn - No deal breaker, but the horn was really pathetic in both old and new TD car.
As I said earlier, the most important factor was lack of ABS and Dual Airbags. ABS is a must in today's time. If you want to go ahead with Grand i10, then please take multiple test drives and try to go for top end Asta version if budget permits. I heard discounts are in excess of 50-60k, so you might end up getting a sweet deal.
I had the same concerns as you before finalizing Grand i10 however i went ahead with my decision due to VFM factor and excellent build quality. I got the Sports (o) model that came with 2 air bags, 7 inch touchscreen system with Android/auto carplay( same HU that comes with Elantra) along with reverse camera. I don't think there is any car out there which gives you this many feature for 6.3 lacs on road. I agree that ABS should have been there from at least from Sportz variant onwards. I have covered 5k kms in last 4 months. Now coming to the points you have highlighted :

1. Fuel efficiency : Hyundai 1.2 litre Kappa VTVT is a very smooth and refined engine. It is perhaps the best small petrol engine sold in the country when it comes to refinement and reliability. Fuel efficiency may not great however it is not bad either. One gets 13-14 kmpl in city and approx 17-18 kmpl on highways which maybe 2-3 kmpl less than competitors( Baleno/ Swift). Please keep in mind that Grand i10 weighs almost 100 kgs more than a Baleno. Build quality of Grand i10 is leagues ahead of Swift and the interiors are definitely from a segment above. Only areas where Swift does better is handling and sporty looks. On the other hand , Grand i10 does better when it comes to build quality, ride quality, interior space, much bigger and useful boot, better NVH levels and most importantly offers the most value for money quotient. NVH levels on Grand i10 is even better than Baleno. One of the previous complaints about Grand i10 was soft suspension which resulted in below average handling and steering feedback but Hyundai has stiffened the suspension on facelifted model and now the car feels very planted even at 120 kmph and steering feedback on curves is much better.It is definitely not a Figo or a Swift on a sweeping curve, but tends to hold its own.

2. Brakes : I had the same brake issues initially and got used to it. The brakes are very sensitive especially during mornings and at slow speeds. However as the speeds increase, brakes on Grand does a very good job.

3. Poor horn : Completely agree. Perhaps at the worst horns offered on any car. I upgraded main with a Creta horns. Costed me 1.8k from Hyundai dealership. you can get it replaced by a local mech for as low as 700 rs.

I agree that Grand i10 has its share of issues such as missing ABS and lower fuel efficiency than competitors. But having said that, it is a much better car for the price it is offered at. If anyone reading this post is planning to TD a Grand i10, please make sure that you TD the face lifted model. There is noticeable difference between the handling of the older and the facilitated model. Unfortunately, i have noticed that most hyundai showrooms are offering pre face-lifted models for TD.

Regards
Sumesh

Yes, those are the points to be considered.
That's why I am planning for IGNIS.
If I chose base variant SIGMA then also I am getting all safety fetures in just 5.30 laks OTR Pune. [clap]
On flip side, Grand i10 base model cost 5.40 laks OTR Pune without safety fetures. [cry]
So I feel IGNIS is VFM in this case.
I will TD in sometime when will get time.

Last edited:
Yes, those are the points to be considered.
That's why I am planning for IGNIS.
If I chose base variant SIGMA then also I am getting all safety fetures in just 5.30 laks OTR Pune. [clap]
On flip side, Grand i10 base model cost 5.40 laks OTR Pune without safety fetures. [cry]
So I feel IGNIS is VFM in this case.
I will TD in sometime when will get time.
If you do buy the weird shaped Ignis, please do buy the Delta variant at least. Sigma is too basic. You may feel manual ORVM, manual Central locking, absence of basic features like remote key, wheel cover, back power windows, tachometer, 60:40 split, Music system etc are not a deal breaker but it will quickly turn into major irritants. As cars are bought for long term, a little step up now is good. Rule of thumb - Never buy the lowest variant of any brand.

Last edited:
I am afraid we are going offtopic here. I also booked Ignis Delta and we can discuss all details in the car shopper or the Ignis review thread.

Top Bottom