Hyundai Fluidic Verna Road Test Drive Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #31
Re: Hyundai Fluidic Verna Road Test Review

Excellent road test and pics. Kudos TAI. I was waiting for it but i feel new verna is priced way too steep..[cry]
Thanks buddy.

I agree that one should not give 100% perference to brand value only. But on the other hand brand value also matters a lot. Otherwise, why would people buy expensive cars over budget cars or relatively cheaper cars with same or almost same features.

I am one of those who believe in brand value as well as VFM factor, not 100% VFM factor (But that is me and not necessarily acceptable to all.)
If you will look at the feature list, you will be amazed to even accept this car as Verna which earlier used to have a bland dull design. In addition to that the interior plastics used in the car are one of the best used by Hyundai till date which further adds to the appeal.
As for the brand value, we can discuss further in this thread: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-news/811-does-brand-value-matters.html.

Great review Akash , i am quite happy to see Hyundai revamping the Verna to such extent. The Verna i have has nothing to boast about except the amazing performance and great FE. Th new Verna looks cool , loaded with features and at the same time more powerful and equally FE. Though i would have liked it if it handled better , but build quality and handling has not always been mastered by the Japs and the Koreans , so no complaints.

I think this car will rock the segment and give success to Hyundai in this segment till Fiesta gets launched , if Fiesta gets launched at a cheaper price tag , this will get hit!

If i was to buy a car in this segment right now i would straightaway pick the new fluidic Verna!

Hello all, I booked the new verna fluidic diesel 1.6 sx. Looks awesome and comfortable ride than sx4. Thanks Hyundai for this nice creation...

350Z

Core Team

Hello all, I booked the new verna fluidic diesel 1.6 sx. Looks awesome and comfortable ride than sx4. Thanks Hyundai for this nice creation...
Hello bensam, Welcome aboard to The Automotive India. Congratulations for booking the Fluidic Verna! When is the delivery expected and which colour did you opt for? Do keep us posted. Enjoy your stay here. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi, booked the crystal white and will be delivered within June but they said 45 days. I can't wait for 45 days to get this baby [cheers]

350Z

Core Team

Hi, booked the crystal white and will be delivered within June but they said 45 days. I can't wait for 45 days to get this baby [cheers]
That’s nice, but 45 Days is too much. It shows the popularity and demand for the New Verna though.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #38

Hello bensam56 Welcome to TAI , congratulations on your booking , i think you will be the first owner of the fluidic Verna in our forum. Waiting period 45 days i would say not bad.

BTW saw a white Fluidic Verna on road for the first time today , looked nice and sporty but din't like the front view much as it resembles i10 a lot!

once again great review guys. new verna definately looks hotter than outgoing one but wishing price was cheaper... do you think its justified for features?? what say guys?? btw how hot will this beauty look in black!! [:D]

I visited KUN Hyundai Anna nagar Chennai on 11th of MAY. Booked the New Verna 1.6 D SX BLACK color. [:)] Got to test drive the car(though it was really a short test drive).

hyundai-verna-fluidic.jpg

The moment I entered the Showroom there were these 2 beautiful cars which caught my whole attention. I was so into it drooling about the looks that I couldn’t hear what the sales representative was talking. Went straight to the car examined every bit and corner then came back to the S.R. and asked him to show me the price list.

The Things which I loved about the car

1. Excellent looking Body curves and lines.
2. Very spacious inside.
3. 16” wheels. The alloys look awesome being a stock!
4. Excellent Instrument cluster.
5. Parking sensors and the rear view camera.
6. Electro chromic rear view mirror.(didn’t test it though)
7. The new music system with Bluetooth and Steering wheel mounted controls. Sound was equivalent to the old Verna’s stock player.
8. More Leg room than the old Verna.
9. Movable center arm rest and stowage place below it.
10. Large and cooled glove box compartment.
11. Rear gear shift lock release is now button type. easy to use
12. Low seating position( gives more planted to the road feel)
13. EPS was good(light) compared to my old Verna’s hydraulic P.S. Though I can’t comment about high speed steering feedback.
14. AC was as good as the previous Verna.
15. Bigger boot than the previous verna

Things I dint like about the car

1. Smart-key with start/stop button only on (o) variant. [I was in love with the smart-key system in the car but unfortunately I came to know it comes along with useless 4 more airbags and leather seats adding 1.5 lakhs to the price tag. It took me an hour to finally accept that I am not gonna get it [cry]]
2. Rear mounted extra-long antenna like in old i-10 and i-20. I jus hate it. [could have added shark fin type antenna]
3. Rear windscreen view. Its jus useless to view thru it for reversing.
4. The trunk lid/fuel tank opener knob somehow feels cheap and not nicely placed like in old verna.
5. The rear seats seriously lack thigh support. It feels like only the butt is resting on the cushion and rest of the upper leg has no contact with the seat cushion. (I am 6.3’ foot tall)
6. The Dual chrome Exhaust really don’t give much of the kind of look it deserves. Would have been better if Hyundai managed to include Verna Transform’s rectangular chrome exhaust on both sides

hyundai-verna-rear.jpg

7. I had issues with the stowage place inside, I found many holes missing which I mostly use in my old Verna.(see the pics below)
a) Rear doors bottle holder
b) All doors door handle space( large enuf to hold mobile, wallet, parking tickets etc). I seriously think I will miss this thing in the new Verna.
Old Verna Door handle space

hyundai verna-door.jpg

c) Rear center bottle holder space

4.jpg

Test Drive

Got to drive the Silver colored Verna 1.6 D SX test drive vehicle. As soon as I entered the car the car was cold. Really cold. 1st impression AC is good.[ P.S. the car had just returned from a Test Drive so the AC was on.] Then the seats felt really low as compared to d previous Verna which I drive. The fabric felt good and the cushion soft. Turned on the ignition, lights up the Blue-White instrument panel says WELCOME then comes the Hyundai logo. The instrument panel is clearly No-Nonsense system which provides all the essentials. Heard music, It sounded the same as the previous Verna rather had lesser bass. May be it needs some changes in the settings.

Then I turned the key to start the 126HP/265NM Diesel motor, All I could hear was the starter motor cranking for a second and then its all quiet inside. Zero vibration Zero noise from the engine, I was certainly impressed. Switched to the 1st gear, initially there is NO drama or anything the accelerations is gradual and smooth, 1s it reaches past 1800 RPM, U then feel all those 265NM of torque kicking in. Trust me that’s the best experience I have ever had driving a car. *Awesome Acceleration *. My dad sitting at the back seat asked me *amazed* “WOT WAS THAT?” I was like Dad that’s how it feels when the turbo producing 265NM torque kicks in.

The speed bumps were smooth. Surprising I didn’t experience the boat like motion in the car like my previous Verna. I deliberately drove into a pot hole, the left side wheels taking up the pothole I couldn’t feel anything on the right hand driver seat. The top speed I could do was 60kmph in 2nd gear at 2500rpm. I Called the S.R. home for a long test drive in the Chennai Bye-pass road, will update about it later.

Finally gave him Rs 50000 as advance and booked the phantom black diesel sx model. The ex-show room price of the sx(o) was Rs 1004499. Only if the Hyundai people priced the (o) variant Rs 4499 less [frustration], we would have saved 60k on tax, which would have made the sx(o) a better deal. [TN RTO charges 15% on 10L+ cars and 10% on below 10L cars]
Estimated waiting period was told 1 month. The S.R. said the new car hasn’t got the R.T.O approval yet as on 11th and is expecting starting of delivery by 27th of May.

350Z

Core Team

Welcome to The Automotive India, Blackdiesel and a perfect precise review there. Congratulations for booking the new Verna! Great minds think alike, I too love the cars in Black but Verna looks equally impressive in White too. Do keep us updated on your purchase status and we're expecting an ownership review as soon as both of you (including bensam56) receive your cars. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nice review blackdiesel and welcome aboard. Hope you have a booming ride[:)]

As 350Z said do come up with ownershop review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom