Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 VTVT | 6 Years | 54,000 Kms: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1,640

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Gave car to a distant FNG since he has a paint room and the cost per panel is the same that the roadside guys charge. Color matching is perfect.

Thread Starter #1,641

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Car will complete 9 years in February 2021, covered 75k kms till date.
The car's old so some electronic problems too have cropped up.

1. Sometimes reverse sensor beeps more than once , maybe one of the sensor is malfunctioning but it happens 1 out of 10 times.

2. Driver side power window switch is on end of its life. Window rolls up only after a second.

3. The ac blower motor sometimes throw a lot less air and immediately it feels hot. Doesn't matter if I set the setting to the highest , it gives negligible air throw. Again happens 2-3 times in a month. If motor was bad it will not blow air anytime. Don't know what the problem is.

Thread Starter #1,644

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@VISHNUCARCRAZY - thanks for the tips. I will leave the sensor issue since it isn't a permanent problem plus all the other sensors work.
2- I was thinking maybe it's the switch itself and not the winder motor. Will get it checked in the next service.

@bhvm - is it easy to replace those or are they inside the motor? I will get the AC serviced in April 2021 and will also get the evap cleaned like vishnu said.

bhvm

Honoured Member
is it easy to replace those or are they inside the motor? I will get the AC serviced in April 2021 and will also get the evap cleaned like vishnu said.
Sadly these things are totally inside the motor (which is inside your Dash). So any service here is extremely tedious and takes tons of teardown.
Other direction would be to check Blower switches and its resistor bank. The behavior dissappear at full speed (4) ?

Thread Starter #1,646

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Will ask the ac guy to check for those.

And yes even at full blower speed(I think it's 7-8) the air throw is very less. Or maybe the vents are getting closed for some reason ? It happens very less otherwise would have got it checked immediately. Maybe there are some lose connection somewhere like you said.

Thread Starter #1,648

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I have to get the verna serviced too. I have been using semi synthetic 10w40 engine oil for the past few services but recommended is 5w30 and so can I switch now to semi synthetic 5w30 ? Car usage is very low now a days. Last service was done in June 2020.

Ps : the only reason I used 10w40 is because there's no semi synthetic 5w30 available. Every oil in 5w30 is fully synthetic. Why spend so much when car barely runs 500kms in a month.

Last edited:
I would prefer synthetic, also from an economy point of view, 5W30 is better, but synthetic won't do any harm, like engine deposition- when oil stays for a longer time. The only cons is, it will take some time for the engine to get acquainted with the new oil.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Ps : the only reason I used 10w40 is because there's no semi synthetic 5w30 available. Every oil in 5w30 is fully synthetic. Why spend so much when car barely runs 500kms in a month.
Many synthetics are available on offer at the price of minerals and semisynthetics. My usage is hardly 2-3k a year, sometimes monthly 60 km if lucky and I run on synthetic [lol].

Top Bottom