Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 VTVT | 6 Years | 54,000 Kms: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1,606

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
My running is around 19k kms per year which gets shared by the Elantra and sometimes Figo :p or else I think difference would be much less than yours [lol]
You should check 99rpm site. It will give you the exact rates Hyundai charges with part names and part number.

Screenshot_20181224-175032.jpg

Exhaust was leaking , took the car to the local market. Bought the new parts. Exhaust was banging against the body because part was not original still it had Hyundai and Kia logo which made me to believe it's original.
This market had lots of fake products.
Genuine part market is closed on Sunday so I had to get the exhaust welded and wait for the exhaust to leak again.

Cars odo reading attached.

View attachment 252579 View attachment 252580
Had any underbody hit, any specific reason for this rusting? There was a scope for a performance exhaust upgrade .

Generally what's the approximate years we could expect or get from the stock exhaust system?

I have personally felt Hyundais are known for rusting out there muffler.[frustration]
My 13 year old 90K kms run zen has no exhaust leaks whereas 10 year old 50K kms run accent recently got both the exhaust and mid-section replaced recently both the cars are maintained and driven in same conditions

That's something new I am hearing about. My i10 didn't have a leak though till I sold it. Will update how long the new weld lasts [lol]
The most amount of replacements are done for i10 and santros is what an insider told me[roll] which was confirmed by my FNG too that he has replaced most rear section of Hyundais than any other brand.
My Verna hasn't developed any sort of leak yet at 87K kms so i guess its after all luck [angel]

My home compound is just 4 meters from the river(Saline water). And the car is almost 10 years old and 84k kms on of. Had no issues with the exhaust till date.

Where as my cousins 5year old 60k driven Eon had badly rusted exhaust pipe. Required a good repair.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,618

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
haven't updated the thread for quite long. my sister has grown fond of the verna and have ditched the figo ( heavy clutch plus not that great gear shifts) see the car very less these days but it's still a joy to drive the car. smooth engine , clutch and gearshifts. the only downside are the rattles from the suspension which i am unable to figure out and so does the service center , the suspension guy , the mechanic and the wheel balancing guy. started living with the rattles. car's odo has crossed 63k kms.

Thread Starter #1,619

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Car's odo at 65500 kms. Car's going great , ac performance has reduced but I think there's no need for top up this season.
Got the service done too.
Engine oil( semi - synth 10W40) oil filter , air filter and brake fluid top up. Paid around 2000 with labor.

Top Bottom