Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 VTVT | 6 Years | 54,000 Kms: Ownership Review

Dear friends,
I have read all review and thread about hyundai verna petrol experience and right now i am in same state to decide to go for new next gen verna petrol 1.4ex or 1.6 sx. On paper verna looks far ahead from compitition in comparison of price to feature and power.
I read all other site reviews but all are verna crdi diesel mostly and recommond verna diesel is better than petrol.
As my running not much to look for diesel hardly 700-800km/month. Also diesel verna is almost 1.5 to 2 lack costly than petrol one. So as budget is tight i have considered 1.4 ex model or 1.6 sx model as there is hardly 70k difference between these model, my mind is saying go for 1.6 petrol.
But after looking all reviews of FE which is mostly 10kmpl in city and 14kmpl in highway looks very less to me.
My plan to counter this is to go for cng fitting by showroom only as kundan hyundai SA is giving cng fitting in warranty for 55k (initially quote 65k) and saying there is no problem of company warranty it will not laps.
Where as some dealer Sanjay hyundai saying it was not good to fit cng.
So considering this please suggest me whether to go fir this or not.
And will i prefere 1.4 or 1.6 as i am getting almost 38k discount on both by hyundai current offer.

Dear friends,
I have read all review and thread about hyundai verna petrol experience and right now i am in same state to decide to go for new next gen verna petrol 1.4ex or 1.6 sx. On paper verna looks far ahead from compitition in comparison of price to feature and power.
I read all other site reviews but all are verna crdi diesel mostly and recommond verna diesel is better than petrol.
As my running not much to look for diesel hardly 700-800km/month. Also diesel verna is almost 1.5 to 2 lack costly than petrol one. So as budget is tight i have considered 1.4 ex model or 1.6 sx model as there is hardly 70k difference between these model, my mind is saying go for 1.6 petrol.
But after looking all reviews of FE which is mostly 10kmpl in city and 14kmpl in highway looks very less to me.
My plan to counter this is to go for cng fitting by showroom only as kundan hyundai SA is giving cng fitting in warranty for 55k (initially quote 65k) and saying there is no problem of company warranty it will not laps.
Where as some dealer Sanjay hyundai saying it was not good to fit cng.
So considering this please suggest me whether to go fir this or not.
And will i prefere 1.4 or 1.6 as i am getting almost 38k discount on both by hyundai current offer.
With this kms of usage, If you can spare a lakh of rupees for petrol for a period of 5-6 years of ownership then go for this powerful 1.6L car.

Personally I dont prefer Verna just because of the poor rear seat comfort considering the price of the car.

Thread Starter #1,593

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Found the cause of petrol leak. Rusting tank. And I thought anti rust is not needed since didn't face any problem with the santro and i10 even after 9 years.

Will get it fixed next Wednesday since the trusted mechanic was busy. He advised not to fill the tank above 40%.

Attachments

Thread Starter #1,594

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Member nickandre suggested to get this rectified asap. A cigarette butt can cause serious damage.

Got it checked today at another mechanic and he said a rubber seal has gone bad and therefore the petrol is overflowing.
Part is not available so have to give the car to Hass tomorrow. Will update.

Attachments

Thread Starter #1,596

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Dirty yes but not rusty. I don't know from where but the brown and black Color you see is not rust but a sealent. Will get it cleaned from the drycleaner guy.
Anyways the mechanic changed the o ring and the issue has been resolved. The fuel tank has not rusted.

Attachments

Thread Starter #1,597

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Wasted money on the oring [frustration]

Fuel bar dipped after 13kms. Went to Hass only to be told they will charge 800rs just for diagnosing the problem and rest parts and labor will be extra.
Went to another Hass from where I bought the Elantra. Within 15 minutes car was on the lift and problem was traced to fuel filler hose. The same is leaking. This Hass didn't have the part so ordered from another hass. Will upload bill after taking delivery of the vehicle.
Wasted 3500rupess on early service , 300rs on o ring and around 3k in petrol
IMG_20180807_212332.jpg

IMG_20180807_212337.jpg

IMG_20180807_212341.jpg

IMG_20180807_212346.jpg

IMG_20180807_212351.jpg

. Good thing is the underbody is rust free but the exhaust needs some treatment. I was going through videos and came across this product

Rust-Oleum 248903 Automotive High Heat Spray Paint (340 g, Flat Black)

Price is high on Amazon since on indiamart it's selling for 630rupees. Only problem is the the distributor is located in Jaipur.

Do you guys know of any good high heat paints ?
I also found this
Abro Colour Spray Paint (400ml, High Heat Black)

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Go for rustoleum High heat paint. It works.
I've restored exhaust tips of many cars using it.

Sand the surface lightly before applying. Go for 5 very thin coats. 1st coat will not cover everything (Do not try to) this is normal.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,601

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Not available at ebay right now.
Got the car back.
My family had a mishap during their hill trip. A portion of the road was destroyed because of landslide. Government official working there told my dad to go ahead but this was a very big mistake. Car got stuck and started sliding towards the gorge. Everybody inside left the car immediately. Took 8-9 workers to get the car out by reversing. Drove towrds another road.

There was all type of debris stuck in the wheels(between the wheel cover too) and the underbody so got the washing done and Hass did the brake service on their own seeing all the debris stuck near the pads and the caliper pin.

Bill for the same.

Attachments

Thread Starter #1,603

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Exhaust was leaking , took the car to the local market. Bought the new parts. Exhaust was banging against the body because part was not original still it had Hyundai and Kia logo which made me to believe it's original.
This market had lots of fake products.
Genuine part market is closed on Sunday so I had to get the exhaust welded and wait for the exhaust to leak again.

Cars odo reading attached.

IMG_20181223_135741.jpg
IMG_20181223_135745.jpg

Exhaust was leaking ... This market had lots of fake products...
Just 10 months older than my Diesel, yet JUST 15,000 km less in Odo . You guys are properly using a Petrol Car [clap]

My "2005 Spare-Parts Story" vis-a-vis Spare-parts in Delhi. Within 5 years, what the local mechanic called as "dolkey in exhaust" (the "large tank like thingy", little before exhaust tip) in my old Matiz needed replacement. It got corroded due to accumulation of water inside, and Matiz was making dubh-dubh-dubh-dubh sound. Daewoo closed shop by then and I was worried. The local mechanic brought "THREE identical Spare parts from Delhi Market" . Except the FINISH, all three 'looked identical, carried Daewoo logo, part number and what NOT' [frustration] THAT day, i realised the power of Indian reverse engineering [;)] I think, I changed that part THREE times in 12 + years. 5 years for the OEM fitted one and 3.5 years for the locally made Dolkey. 25-30% less life, at 60-65% cost. There, you know the quality difference now.

BTW, what is THE Engineering name for that Dolkey ???

bhvm

Honoured Member
Just 10 months older than my Diesel, yet JUST 15,000 km less in Odo . You guys are properly using a Petrol Car [clap]

My "2005 Spare-Parts Story" vis-a-vis Spare-parts in Delhi. Within 5 years, what the local mechanic called as "dolkey in exhaust" (the "large tank like thingy", little before exhaust tip) in my old Matiz needed replacement. It got corroded due to accumulation of water inside, and Matiz was making dubh-dubh-dubh-dubh sound. Daewoo closed shop by then and I was worried. The local mechanic brought "THREE identical Spare parts from Delhi Market" . Except the FINISH, all three 'looked identical, carried Daewoo logo, part number and what NOT' [frustration] THAT day, i realised the power of Indian reverse engineering [;)] I think, I changed that part THREE times in 12 + years. 5 years for the OEM fitted one and 3.5 years for the locally made Dolkey. 25-30% less life, at 60-65% cost. There, you know the quality difference now.

BTW, what is THE Engineering name for that Dolkey ???
Muffler. Muffles the sound.

Top Bottom