Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 VTVT | 6 Years | 54,000 Kms: Ownership Review

i didn't have problem with the kia packaging rear brake pads.
Not everytime you will have issues it mostly depend on luck [frustration]
The OEM one has lasted 50K kms in front and 65K kms rear [clap]
Since there is no big market like in your place it's very hard to find the spare for fluidic verna here [frustration]
keep us updated on how the master cylinder is serving

Last edited:
The headlight components can take an HID setup.
Better to use a projector setup. Its more focused and no unnecessary glare.

I am using a 55w HID projector setup since 3+years now. No issues so far

The stock halogen projectors setup costs around 45k. [lol]
you are having Verna 4S with projector setup as well?? Which Hid you are using?

you are having Verna 4S with projector setup as well?? Which Hid you are using?
I have the model before that. 2014. Stock had no projectors but i got an aftermarket installed from xenonplanet(xenonplanet.in)
FXR 3.0. 4300k CNlights D2s bulb. 55w quick start ballasts.
I felt its much better than most headlights on the road. Posting a few pics for reference.

Blacked out reflectors.
IMG_20171116_161732.jpg

IMG_20171014_222726.jpg

The headlight went in for some cosmetic fixes so the cutoff was not aligned in terms of height and width.
IMG_20161116_213259.jpg

IMG_20161116_213014.jpg

The wall on the far end is more than 100m away and 6+ feet.
The pic is also a bit over exposed since the pic was taken from inside the car and the mobile camera is not that great in low light. IMG_20161006_204343.jpg

Sorry for the OT, allhyundaicars :P

Last edited:
Guys I recently picked up a 2014 Hyundai Verna Fluidic 1.6 CRDi SX(O) AT. here is the link

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...di-sx-o-2014-my-korean-beauty-comes-home.html

I am not happy with the audio quality from the stock speakers. I am planning to keep the stock HU (since steering controls are connected and the car has still 11 months of warranty left) and add components to the front and rear doors coupled to a 4 channel amplifier with a budget of 25k max. Hope no wires need to be cut for this change. Anyone done any changes by retaining stock HU? Suggestions from all will be truly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Thread Starter #1,552

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Last edited:
I have the model before that. 2014. Stock had no projectors but i got an aftermarket installed from xenonplanet(xenonplanet.in)
FXR 3.0. 4300k CNlights D2s bulb. 55w quick start ballasts.
I felt its much better than most headlights on the road. Posting a few pics for reference.

Blacked out reflectors.
View attachment 236296

View attachment 236297

The headlight went in for some cosmetic fixes so the cutoff was not aligned in terms of height and width.
View attachment 236298

View attachment 236299

The wall on the far end is more than 100m away and 6+ feet.
The pic is also a bit over exposed since the pic was taken from inside the car and the mobile camera is not that great in low light. View attachment 236300

Sorry for the OT, allhyundaicars :P
THAT is great throw... Tempting me a lot. Thanks for sharing [clap]

Thread Starter #1,554

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Got these installed today. CNSUNNYLIGHT Waterproof Car High Power Aluminum LED Daytime Running Lights with Lens DC 12V Super White 6000K DRL Fog Lamps
http://s.aliexpress.com/BfUZjaea?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
(from AliExpress Android)
The third picture is with fog lamps on.

Also cant I operate these without turning the headlights on ? I wanted to operate these especially in the daytime but installer said not possible ?

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member
Thread Starter #1,556

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
that's a good product. it won't harm anything right ? and if something were to go wrong then the fuse will go up first ?
there are two types of relays.
one with 5 wires and one with 4.
the extra one is The yellow wire is to connect to the headlights (or dashboard lights), when headlights or dashboard lights are turned on, the brightness of the LED daytime running lights will be halved.

do you think this will affect the life of the DRLs ? the installer already had spliced the headlamp wiring.
the relay won't draw any power when the car is turned off ?

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
the installer already had spliced the headlamp wiring.
Thats sad.
Get the 5 wire one. price difference in Minor. It does not relate to factory headlamp wiring at all. It uses fluctuations from Starter/Alternator to judge if the engine is running (And its pretty accurate). The wires will simply go to battery and relay outputs will go to DRL. As simple as that.

Dimming function is recommended if your DRLs explicitly mention they are dimming compatible. Otherwise do not connect.

Thread Starter #1,560

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
new bulbs won't have any disadvantages, but no significant advantage either. most people have found hardly any improvements with these new bulbs.

rather save up and invest in really quality hid kit for fogs, I meant.
hey bhvm. i was planning to buy the HID you mentioned. i don't have projectors in my car and i read that the glare will blind the oncoming traffic [confused] don't want to do that.
now i am thinking just to buy new headlamps for both the sides ( cost 5600 rs) adding projectors plus hid will prove to be lot expensive ?

Top Bottom