Hyundai Elantra Fluidic CRDi AT: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #16
Elantra is performing really good and giving decent mileage of 13 to 14kmpl in city

Took it to Tarkarli beach recently. It was complete night drive with my wife and son

Cruise control and exceptional ride quality really helps in keeping away tiredness

It returned 20+ kmpl on highway at 90kmph

Dear sagar007,
I have read all your review and thread about hyundai verna petrol 1.4 vtvt experience and right now i am in same state to decide to go for new next gen verna petrol 1.4ex and 1.6 sx. On paper verna looks far ahead from compitition in comparison of price to feature and power.
I read all other site reviews but all are verna crdi diesel mostly and recommond verna diesel is better than petrol.
As my running not much to look for diesel hardly 700-800km/month. Also diesel verna is almost 1.5 to 2 lack costly than petrol one. So as budget is tight i have considered 1.4 ex model or 1.6 sx model as there is hardly 70k difference between these model, my mind is saying go for 1.6 petrol.
But after looking all reviews of FE which is mostly 10kmpl in city and 14kmpl in highway looks very less to me.
My plan to counter this is to go for cng fitting by showroom only as kundan hyundai SA is giving cng fitting in warranty for 55k (initially quote 65k) and saying there is no problem of company warranty it will not laps.
Where as some dealer Sanjay saying it was not good to fit cng.
So considering this please suggest me whether to go fir this or not.
And will i prefere 1.4 or 1.6 as i am getting almost 30k discount on both by hyundai current offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Sagar

Nice ride. I too love Elantra, had an opportunity to drive my uncle's Elantra 2014 AT Petrol, from Bangalore to Chennai with cruise control and I extracted around 13.8 kmpl mileage during the trip (as per tank fill to tank fill) as I never rely on MID numbers, which I think is pretty decent for a 2000 cc petrol NA engine that too with automatic. The speed limit set was 100 kph and yes I never exceeded that.

Would you mind sharing how much you bought this Elantra Diesel for, including the model year, variant?

Top Bottom