Hyundai Elantra 2016 Review & Pictures: The Elan Choice

I drove this beauty a week before. IMHO only SX(O) AT version qualifies actually for top variant or luxury sedan category. Hyundai has done everything to screw up other variant (wrt to Feature & Safety eqp.)

But once you step inside, the premium feel & rich feeling is noticeable at every part & corner of car.

Last edited:
Finally landed with Elantra VTVT 2.0 SX(O) AT white color. Initial impressions are very positive (coming from HONDA CITY VX CVT), good build and smooth transmission and as usual all unwanted creature comforts and good set of safety features. Sweet deal from dealer pushed me to finalize the deal and bring the car home. I will post more details and pictures after driving for some more time. Right now only 40 kms driven. Positively surprised at MID already showing 9.6 KMPL (compared to 11 KMPL I get on my city on the same route). Experience with the dealer is very positive.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
congrats on your elantra. make sure to make an ownership thread.
i wish i bought the automatic , it's tiring to drive in traffic plus i find the seats really uncomfortable.( i hope the leather seats on your car provide good comfort.
what discounts did you get ? i am getting 10-10.5 kmpl in delhi traffic , yet to take the car to my office where the traffic is more congested.

Due to GST - 1.1 Lacs less compared to Pre-GST price
Dealer Discounts (including corp discounts)- 88K + Saved another 20K(from my own insurance) 4th year extended warranty + standard mats, car cover etc.
On-Road 19.48 (with 14% Road Tax). At the time of launch OTR was around 21.6 to 21.7.
Yes seats are comfortable and I liked ventilated seats as well. Compared to City this car has low stance like sports car which is going to take some time adjusting to getting in/out. As I am big fan of automatic torque converters compared to CVT and Dual Clutch, I am enjoying driving this more than my City. I think people who are spending 16-17 Lacs on City top end should seriously consider Elantra AT as the experience is completely different. Space inside looks similar to City and not more than that.

Due to GST - 1.1 Lacs less compared to Pre-GST price
Dealer Discounts (including corp discounts)- 88K + Saved another 20K(from my own insurance) 4th year extended warranty + standard mats, car cover etc.
On-Road 19.48 (with 14% Road Tax). At the time of launch OTR was around 21.6 to 21.7.
Yes seats are comfortable and I liked ventilated seats as well. Compared to City this car has low stance like sports car which is going to take some time adjusting to getting in/out. As I am big fan of automatic torque converters compared to CVT and Dual Clutch, I am enjoying driving this more than my City. I think people who are spending 16-17 Lacs on City top end should seriously consider Elantra AT as the experience is completely different. Space inside looks similar to City and not more than that.
Finally someone who agrees with me. ~17L OTR for City CVT Petrol is just atrocious. For just an lakh or two more, you get a car with better build quality, with decent feature list compared to City and equivalent space and A.S.S like Honda. I feel Hyundai diesels and Petrols have come a long way then they used to be. They are pretty reliable and smooth nevertheless.

I got slammed by sellers in used market when I question them about high prices for pretty beaten up City and all I get was "It is City man, it is costly!". I was like WTF!

Meanwhile, I can get pretty good deals in used Elantra fluidic one. But since I was on serious lookout for Corolla, I somehow neglected it! If only my house construction didn't come in between, who knows, I might have drove home an curvy Elantra now.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Meanwhile, I can get pretty good deals in used Elantra fluidic one. But since I was on serious lookout for Corolla, I somehow neglected it! If only my house construction didn't come in between, who knows, I might have drove home an curvy Elantra now.
It is better late than never my married bud! I am sure and wish you all the best in getting the car i.e Elantra or Corolla soon. It goes without saying, building a home is like investing in an appreciating asset for lifetime. Cars come and go. You may buy a car at anytime of your life but owning a home is a lifetime opportunity.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom