Hyundai Elantra 2016 Review & Pictures: The Elan Choice

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
superb thread vipul [thumbsup] and your thread is the only reason i didn't take pics :p

adding my views as well.

Took a td of the new elantra petrol automatic and that 10 minutes td seemed very nice

The automatic height adjusting seats have a very good range. Really liked it and many people will be happy to arrange the seats according to their liking.

The best thing in the car was the NVH levels. I tried the horn and was disappointed because they didn't use creta's horn ( vw type) and sOund seemed very less for my liking. I was pleasantly surprised after the td when I was standing outside and the advisor blew the horn. It was loud and didn't think there will be so much difference inside and out.
The tyreand engine noise was minimal.

I checked 3 cars and the elite i20 has the best interiors followed by the elantra and then the creta

Hyundai has used soft plastics on the elantra's dashboard but it failed too woo me like the i20's interior. According to me black and silver is not a premium combination or I have to see another car that uses the same combination. ( but interior is much better than corrola that's for sure)
A black and beige combo would have looked more premium.

The rear seats had more cushioning and my friend and I enjoyed sitting at the rear seats. Many people will find it comfortable. The front seats in comparison are a little stiff.

Dual zone air conditioning worked like a charm but since I took td in the evening can't comment on the effectiveness of ac.

I liked the automatic transmission and the engine felt powerful. I could only take it upto 50kmph but it was enough to know about the city driveability and you won't be disappointed.

The ride quality was excellent. The suspension smoothens out all the potholes and it was really comfortable driving the car. I could hear some noise from the rear suspesnion and the advisor said it's because of the road. The suspension is on the stiffer side but would have to drive it more to know all about it. Friend might book the top end automatic so I can check the same when he has the car.

Forgot about the seat ventilation. Will definitely try it someday

Didn't take much pics since Vipul will be coming up with the detailed review.

Attaching price list for delhi

209756d1474827305-coverage-new-hyundai-elantra-2016-launched-india-img_20160925_234201.jpg

{ex showroom - registration - insurance - number plate - kit - TCS - on road - zero dep
209757d1474827305t-coverage-new-hyundai-elantra-2016-launched-india-img_20160925_234133.jpg

209758d1474827305-coverage-new-hyundai-elantra-2016-launched-india-img_20160925_234047.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing Review TSIVipul

I must agree you have paid great attention to each point in detail which might get skipped by the owners too.

Great review Vipul! I'm impressed by the way of writing, pictures, how you put down point without any bias! I can't believe you are a grown man now! [lol]

Happy to see the review first in TAI! Thanks for your effort man! Hope to see a lot more quality reviews from you in future.

Now coming back to Elantra, what can I say! I've been following this launch closely and always drooled over this design. For some reason, fluidic theme never impressed me. In fact, I liked the older Verna better than fluidic one. But this one bowled me over! While Elantra has improved in many areas, it cut corners in several places.

Only 2 airbags in SX(O) MT! C'mon! You got to be kidding. What is so special about AT that it only gets 6 airbags and other goodies!! This is what bugging me. For a person who is going to spend top dollar in your car, this isn't the way to treat them. I expect Hyundai to give 6 airbags in SX(O) MT as well. But we can only hope for it.

Also, what the 1.6L Diesel Engine doing in this car. A 2L mill with much higher power would have given it a much needed USP. A lethargic 2L petrol motor replacing another lethargic 1.8L is not a good idea either. This is more of a commuter/chauffeur driven car than driver's car! A 2L diesel motor with 300Nm and 2L petrol with turbo putting out 160BHP & much higher torque would have been nice. No wonder Elantra isn't selling in huge numbers.(Don't start Toyota war. Toyota has a shield and that is called reliability, which Hyundai is not well known for)

Overall, a half-hearted attempt if I must say. If they released the US Spec variant here in India, I'm sure it would destroy the segment, at least for first few months. This is like you bake you cake and take it out before it turns golden brown. It looks good from outside, but once you start eating core, you feel disgusted. That is how I feel now!

Last edited:
I am actually very disappointed . The car is definitely awesome to look at. Better than any other class in its class. Still expected a bit larger boot space with 60:40 fold feature which adds to the flexibility , front parking sensors , memory seats and a bigger diesel engine. Common Hyundai I am already driving a verna a 1.6 CRDI SX(O) . If i am gonna pay 8 lakhs more and upgrade to a new car and I get to drive the same engine , it kills the whole excitement level. you can not compare with toyota and say that you are giving better than toyota. you got to give an engine in elantra which is a premium over verna. For me elantra is not going to be a success. If only it had 2 L CRDI engine i would have no doubt gone for it. I wish it cae with Multilink rear suspension too. Also a better music system with 8 to 12 speakers , subwoofers etc.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
If anyone can post the base model interior pic , that would be great. I can't find it. I just want to see how the manual ac looks like.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Found the base model [:D]

Without the fog lamps , automatic ac and chrome garnish on the front.
Just search hyundai elantra SE on YouTube. I hope the manual ac is similar to indian spec variant as well. but i think the SE model has the bigger 8" screen and not the smaller 5".
IMG_20161019_220901.jpg

IMG_20161019_220849.jpg
i could only find this image for the 5" screen.
fac76082fcdb4e1680faf2985c9cab04.jpg

edit : found the 5" screen setup.

new-2017-hyundai-elantra-se20lmanual-8460-14954301-10-640.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent review Vipul, Thanks.

After going through e-brochure from Hyundai official site,
few observations,
a. Speed sencing auto door lock
b. Front seat ventilation system
c. Side & curtain airbags
ONLY available in SX(O) AT and not even in SX(O) MT [surprise], means HOW can one say that SX(O) MT is 'fully loaded' or 'top variant' !!
a. Electrochromic IRVM
b. Hill Start Assist
available in SX(O) and SX(O) AT.
Lower variant means buying a premium sedan with Day & Night IRVM ??
Can anybody see the IRVM as cost cutting in 16L-18.5L OTR vehicle ??[frustration]
I am unable to understand intention of Hyundai.
Overall, a half-hearted attempt if I must say.
me too.
I am actually very disappointed . The car is definitely awesome to look at. Better than any other class in its class. Still expected a bit larger boot space with 60:40 fold feature which adds to the flexibility , front parking sensors , memory seats and a bigger diesel engine. Common Hyundai I am already driving a verna a 1.6 CRDI SX(O) . If i am gonna pay 8 lakhs more and upgrade to a new car and I get to drive the same engine , it kills the whole excitement level.
I am also driving 1.6 Verna and feeling the same.

Mahen

Last edited:

Top Bottom