Hyundai Dealers in Chennai Forcing Customers To Buy Insurance From Them

Thread Starter #1
My friend who has decided to buy a Creta is faced with a problem. All the dealers in Chennai are forcing him to take insurance from the dealers themselves. (For the first year) Dealers say this is a mandate from Hyundai. I believe this is illegal. Can anyone advise? Can we complain to Hyundai? Will they even bother?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Obviously they can't force it. If they are hell bent on providing insurance , ask your friend to take a quote from outside which should include zero depreciation cover plus consumables cover and ask hyundai to match the quote.

My friend who has decided to buy a Creta is faced with a problem. All the dealers in Chennai are forcing him to take insurance from the dealers themselves. (For the first year) Dealers say this is a mandate from Hyundai. I believe this is illegal. Can anyone advise? Can we complain to Hyundai? Will they even bother?
Ask your friend to get this in writing in the dealers letter head and then he is ready to buy it from them.It is not mandatory to buy insurance or even registeration anything from dealers end.Ruled by supreme court by doing so.Ask them to give it in writing and they would match you the outside quotes or let you get your insurance from outside.These are gimmicks to get more earnings from buyers.

You have all your rights to get your own insurance for the car / bike you are buying from your money.

No dealer has a legal right to force you for insurance.

Regards
Kumar

Top Bottom