Hyundai Venue Compact SUV

I doubt if Hyundai will be able to give 1.6L considering the tax advantage. Having said that, you still can't write them off on providing more refined 1.4L D considering this is going to be the primary diesel option for Styx unlike Creta. Now coming to the teaser, car looks damn sexy. I have taken some screen grabs from the video, my only concern for now is the box LED DRL, I hope it will look better in real world.
Car.jpg

Car may look good but it will fail in the market
Reasons
Hyundai premium pricing
Thirsty and laggy petrol engine
Expensive diesel option
Much better options in same price bracket from competitors and own stable.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai small SUV could be named Venue, Aura – India debut on 17th April

hyundai-carlino-styx-sunroof-dual-tone-launch-price-2.jpg

Hyundai India has announced the debut date of their new sub 4 meter SUV, which will sit below the Creta in company line up. Known by multiple names as of now, QXi / Carlino / Styx, official name of this new SUV has not been announced. It is expected to be revealed in the coming days.

hyundai-venue-aura-suv-name-carlino-qxi.jpg

But before that, thanks to publicly available trademark filing records, it has now been revealed that Hyundai India recently trademarked two new names – Aura and Venue. Hyundai Aura or Hyundai Venue could be the new name of the upcoming compact sub 4 meter SUV.

Read:

I seriously hope it is not Venue. It would be great if they stick with Carlino / Styx. How will I tell people that I have got a Hyundai Venue [frustration]

Hyundai should learn from santro mistake else this will be another mediocre seller for them. The base variant of this car is going to be priced similar to the top variant of nexon. People will find more value in nexon and it's sales are going to increase.
Hyundai's engines are super refined but even their small petrol cars don't give much mileage. Diesels are also refined but too expensive. Then there is the turbo petrol, a one litre engine is only suited for cars below 800 kg otherwise there will be too much turbo lag.
This is going to be priced above brezza and nexon the segment leaders. So who would be it's competitors ecosport and xuv300. Then creta base variants and honda city. Base creta variant which accounts for most of the sales seems to be stopped to make way for this.
I think this is a foolish move by hyundai.

Car may look good but it will fail in the market
Reasons
Hyundai premium pricing
Thirsty and laggy petrol engine
Expensive diesel option
Much better options in same price bracket from competitors and own stable.
Well, this is supposed to be priced lower than Creta, which means the top end Diesel could be priced around the top end S-Cross, which is again around the E+ variant of Creta. This puts it above Brezza, below Creta, right on neck with S-Cross. Since S-Cross and Brezza doesnt have petrol variants, and XUV300 priced more than people have expected, this could be a win-win situation for Hyundai. If reports are to be believed, Hyundai has already stopped taking bookings of E+ variant of Creta and is going to introduce a new variant, probably to create space for the top end Venue. And not to forget, Venue is supposed to use a new 1.5L petrol engine, co-developed with KIA which will also power their new C-SUV and give them a tax advantage for being less than 1500cc. Venue wont use the 1.6 Petrol which is seen on Creta/Verna. Creta in the next upgrade could very well switch over to this 1.5L as well.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Venue Compact SUV (XUV 300 Rival) To Get 3 Engine Options

screenshot-gaadiwaadi.com 2019-03-28 09-36-42-371.jpeg

Hyundai is going to reveal the much-awaited Venue sub-compact SUV at the New York Motor Show next month. The Hyundai Venue will be introduced with three different engine options as it includes a new 1.0 L turbocharged petrol engine which is first for Hyundai in the Indian market along with 1.4 L naturally aspired petrol engine and 1.4 L diesel engine.

The 1.4 L petrol and diesel engines come from the Verna. The 1.0 L turbocharged petrol engine produces 100 PS of power and 172 Nm of torque. The power will be sent to front wheels and it is likely to be offered only with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission, which will make the Venue unique in its segment.

Read:

Hyundai should learn from santro mistake else this will be another mediocre seller for them. The base variant of this car is going to be priced similar to the top variant of nexon. People will find more value in nexon and it's sales are going to increase.
Hyundai's engines are super refined but even their small petrol cars don't give much mileage. Diesels are also refined but too expensive. Then there is the turbo petrol, a one litre engine is only suited for cars below 800 kg otherwise there will be too much turbo lag.
This is going to be priced above brezza and nexon the segment leaders. So who would be it's competitors ecosport and xuv300. Then creta base variants and honda city. Base creta variant which accounts for most of the sales seems to be stopped to make way for this.
I think this is a foolish move by hyundai.
Nexon D manual top is around 12.5L in Chennai, whereas Creta's base variant is around 11.5L. This car is going to be priced below Creta, so logically one can be rest assure what you said will not happen. Received a call from Kun Hyundai SA today, Hyundai is planning to stop E models this month may be Venue effect. This is not a foolish move from Hyundai, there is an old saying" If you don't cannibalize your product someone else will happily do that" I agree on one point, they need to price it wisely. But knowing Hyundai top end will be close to 13 for P and 14 D respectively.

Hyundai Venue - Not at all impressed with the name. Styx was a much better name IMO
Things, the Hyundai Venue should improve over the other Hyundai's are - Better Steering feedback, Fuel efficient Petrol engines, Better marketing of its Automatic transmission specially in the Dealerships.
Although I highly doubt Hyundai would be able to get these points right.
Rest assured, Plastic Quality and Fit and Finish will be top notch on the Venue but hope they don't fumble up the Rear leg room and Boot space like the XUV300

2nd teaser.. Hyundai has given a clue of the car's name in the 1st teaser itself we failed to notice (Atleast I). "When you love to explore" "Venue love to explore"

Last edited:
Venue is a pathetic name they have chose. What about questions like this. What is the Venue for the launch of Hyundai Venue? Carlino was atleast better if not great.

Hyundai Venue - Not at all impressed with the name. Styx was a much better name IMO
Things, the Hyundai Venue should improve over the other Hyundai's are - Better Steering feedback, Fuel efficient Petrol engines, Better marketing of its Automatic transmission specially in the Dealerships.
Although I highly doubt Hyundai would be able to get these points right.
Rest assured, Plastic Quality and Fit and Finish will be top notch on the Venue but hope they don't fumble up the Rear leg room and Boot space like the XUV300
Apart from these I would also like to see them improve their build quality. Its degrading and is nearing Maruti standards now.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Venue spied testing along with new Grand i10 in Chennai

hyundai-venue-grand-i10-spied-2019-together.jpg

Hyundai has extensively tested these connectivity features in India taking into account buyer’s demands, challenging road conditions in the country and the urgent need for safety, both of the driver and vehicle. Below is the latest video where the Venue SUV has been spied on test by YouTube channel Berth Auto. It was on test along with the new gen Grand i10.

Read:

Top Bottom