Hyundai Aura Compact Sedan Launched

Thread Starter #1
hyundai0.jpg

hyundai0.jpg

The second-gen Hyundai Xcent has recently been spotted testing fort the first time. Although the sub-4m sedan was heavily camouflaged, it gave us a fair idea of how the new-gen sedan will look.
Upfront, the new Xcent looks similar to the next-gen i20 and the new Sonata. It gets an updated iteration of Hyundai’s cascading grille with honeycomb finish. The new bumper features triangular housing for fog lamps, which appears to be projector units. The headlamps on the new Xcent look largely similar to the units seen on the current model. However, it might get projector units this time around. At the back, the 2020 Xcent features new tail lamps with LED inserts and also the number plate has now been moved to the bumper.

Source:ACI

Thread Starter #2
Hyundai Xcent successor spied in India, to be launched in 2020

hyundai-xcent-successor-rear-three-quarters-spy-sh-ff5a.jpg

hyundai-xcent-successor-front-three-quarters-spy-s-7584.jpg

The Hyundai Xcent successor will be a three-box version of the Hyundai Grand i10 Nios. The spy shots seen here suggest that it will have a front-end very similar to that of this hatchback. Its main differentiator at the front will be the honeycomb pattern of the Cascading grille.
On the sides, the all-new sedan’s greenhouse will be in the same sportier shape as that of the hatchback, although some might find the old sedan’s simplistic avatar better-suited because of the restricted dimensions. At the rear, there will be a newly designed boot lid in a cleaner form, thanks to the license plate indentation having been repositioned to the bumper. The new combination lamps will be edgier and include LED tail lights reminiscent of the Audi A4.
The interior design and equipment of the Hyundai Xcent successor will be mostly the same as that of the Hyundai Grand i10 Nios. There may be some additional features inside the sedan, though, such as a rear armrest for instance. The colour-coding may also be different, more on the elegant side.
Hyundai will sell the Xcent successor with the BS-VI 1.2L Kappa petrol engine and the BS-VI U2 1.2L diesel engine of the Grand i10 Nios. Reportedly, the petrol engine and the diesel engine will come in the tuning of 81 BHP/114 Nm and 74 BHP/190 Nm. Transmission choices will be 5-speed manual and 5-speed automated manual. The latter will be available even with the diesel engine.

The Hyundai Xcent will continue being produced alongside its successor. However, it will be produced only for commercial sales then.

Source:ACI

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Aura sedan is name of new gen Xcent – Official teaser video

hyundai-aura-sedan.jpg

Just like Grand i10 new generation is called NIOS, Hyundai is calling the new generation Xcent Aura. All new 2020 Hyundai Aura is expected to be launched in the coming weeks. From the spy shots it can be noted that the 2020 Hyundai Aura will borrow a great deal from the recently launched Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS compact hatchback.

Hyundai is expected to offer the new Aura with the same engine lineup as is seen on the Grand i10 NIOS. For a start, only the 1.2 liter petrol engine will comply with BS VI norms while the 1.2 liter diesel engines would be upgraded just ahead of the deadline coming into effect from 1st April 2020. The engine will also get new AMT options along with being mated to a 5 speed manual transmission.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Officially Starts Testing Aura Subcompact Sedan

Hyundai Motor India today officially commenced the road testing of its upcoming subcompact sedan, the Hyundai Aura. Expected to be the next-generation model of the Hyundai Xcent, the company today flagged-off the prototype model of the Aura sedan from its Chennai plant, which will be driven across India. Hyundai says that it will measure the car's strengths and capabilities with this endurance test, covering everything from the deserts to the Himalayas, and even the eastern coastlines, while taking on the persistent Indian weather and driving conditions.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Aura Official Sketches Revealed

Hyundai Motor India has released the first official sketches of the Aura subcompact sedan, ahead of its public debut on December 19, 2019. The all-new Hyundai Aura will step in place of the Xcent in the company's line-up and the sketches reveal the Grand i10 Nios connection with the new model. It certainly does look sportier in the sketches with the massive grille up front with the LED DRLs at either end, sweptback headlamps and a muscular bonnet that promise a sporty looking vehicle. Hyundai says the Aura design projects a "sportier, futuristic and a progressive image based on its Next-generation Design Direction of ‘Sensuous Sportiness."

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Aura Subcompact Sedan Revealed; Specifications, Launch Details

Hyundai today revealed the Aura subcompact sedan and it replaces the Xcent in the company's line-up. Hyundai had updated the Xcent with new features in 2017 so it was only time that a new-gen mode made its way into the country. The Aura subcompact sedan gets a very familiar front fascia. The Aura gets twin boomerang LED DRLs and they've been neatly integrated into the front grille. The side profile is more like a coupe and the solid wheel arches created by the two character lines brings out the sporty aspect of the car.

Under the hood are two petrol and 1 diesel engine, all of which are BS6 compliant. There's a 1.2-litre petrol making 82bhp and 114Nm. There will be a 5-speed manual and AMT option on this car. There's a more powerful version available too with the 1-litre turbo good enough for 99bhp and 172 Nm. This engine however, will only come with a 5-speed manual transmission. There's a 1.2-litre diesel available too with 74 bhp on offer and 190 Nm of peak torque on offer. The engine will be mated to a 5-speed manual and AMT.

Read:

Hyundai Aura Subcompact Sedan Revealed; Specifications, Launch Details

Hyundai today revealed the Aura subcompact sedan and it replaces the Xcent in the company's line-up. Hyundai had updated the Xcent with new features in 2017 so it was only time that a new-gen mode made its way into the country. The Aura subcompact sedan gets a very familiar front fascia. The Aura gets twin boomerang LED DRLs and they've been neatly integrated into the front grille. The side profile is more like a coupe and the solid wheel arches created by the two character lines brings out the sporty aspect of the car.

Under the hood are two petrol and 1 diesel engine, all of which are BS6 compliant. There's a 1.2-litre petrol making 82bhp and 114Nm. There will be a 5-speed manual and AMT option on this car. There's a more powerful version available too with the 1-litre turbo good enough for 99bhp and 172 Nm. This engine however, will only come with a 5-speed manual transmission. There's a 1.2-litre diesel available too with 74 bhp on offer and 190 Nm of peak torque on offer. The engine will be mated to a 5-speed manual and AMT.

Read:
Not the best looking, but will sell well if priced well. Tigor is still the best looking.

Hyundai Brand, interiors will sell this vehicle. Personally I did not like this at design at all, even the alloys are highly noisy design. For me the best designed sub 4m car remains the Tigor.

Did not have high hopes looking at the sketches because the camouflaged test mule had different structure. But the final design is even worse than expected.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Aura Subcompact Sedan: What We Know So Far

Hyundai Motor India Limited tasted success in 2019 with the Venue subcompact SUV and the Grand i10 Nios hatchback. The company will now kick-start 2020 with the launch of the Hyundai Aura, in January 2020. It will replace the Hyundai Xcent in the company's portfolio. The Aura is basically the new-generation model of the Xcent and it takes its styling cues from the Hyundai Grand i10 Nios, which was launched earlier in 2019. Hyundai has already begun testing the Aura subcompact sedan in India and we expect the car to be launch ready soon. Here is what we know about the Hyundai Aura subcompact sedan so far.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Aura bookings open – New TVC video released

hyundai-aura-bookings-open-tvc-video.jpg

Hyundai Aura sedan bookings have officially opened. Hyundai India announced the opening of bookings for Aura via new TVC Video called Light Up. Aura is a new generation sedan, which is based on the Grand i10 NIOS hatchback. It will be sold along side the existing Xcent sedan. Both Xcent and Aura are sub 4 meter compact sedans.

2020 Hyundai Aura sedan made its official debut last month in Chennai. Only the exteriors were revealed. In the front, it is very similar to the NIOS, with some cosmetic changes. It is at the rear, where the Hyundai Aura is different.

Prices have not been revealed uet, but the next gen Hyundai Aura could be launched in a price range higher than the current Xcent which is priced between Rs.5.72-Rs.8.77 lakhs. Once launched, the Aura will take on the likes of Maruti Dzire, Honda Amaze, Tata Tigor and Ford Aspire.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Aura interior and safety features, variants and colour options revealed - Details inside

Engines and Transmissions
The new Hyundai Aura will be sold with three main engine options, and all these units will be BS-VI compliant. The below will be the engine and transmission combinations available:

image (1).png

Variants
The Hyundai Aura can be pre-booked in the E, S, SX, SX+ and SX (O) variants. Below is how its range looks like:

• Aura E 1.2L petrol MT
  • Aura S 1.2L petrol MT
  • Aura SX 1.2L petrol MT
  • Aura SX (O) 1.2L petrol MT
  • Aura SX+ 1.0L petrol MT
  • Aura S 1.2L petrol AMT
  • Aura SX+ 1.2L petrol AMT
  • Aura S 1.2L petrol-CNG MT
  • Aura S 1.2L diesel MT
  • Aura SX (O) 1.2L diesel MT
  • Aura S 1.2L diesel AMT
  • Aura SX+ 1.2L diesel-AMT
Salient Features

eacfe206-e945-4f5d-b5d6-0a97028d9ea7-892f.jpg

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Aura interior details surface before launch

.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fcdni.autocarindia.com%2fExtraImages%2f20200120115856_Hyundai-Aura-dashboard.jpg

After the exterior and powertrain of the Hyundai Aura were officially revealed a month ago, a few more details have trickled out. When bookings for Hyundai’s new-gen compact sedan began on Jan 3 – for an amount of Rs 10,000 – the Aura’s variants were also revealed. Now, images of the interior have surfaced, providing new details on the equipment that the Aura will come with, and an idea of how spacious it is at the front and rear.

?n=http%3a%2f%2fcdni.autocarindia.com%2fExtraImages%2f20200120115857_Hyundai-Aura-instrument-and.jpg

The model in these images seems to be the top-spec Aura SX(O) as it is equipped with the 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a 5.3-inch part-digital instrument cluster and cruise control, along with an automatic climate control system, wireless charging, rear AC vents, the four-speaker Arkamys sound system and keyless entry and go. Except for the addition of cruise control and the bronze finish on the dashboard, those familiar with the Grand i10 Nios will feel right at home.

.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fcdni.autocarindia.com%2fExtraImages%2f20200120115857_Hyundai-Aura-rear-seat.jpg

Rear legroom and headroom also seems to be nearly identical to the Grand i10 Nios – our road test of the Nios hatchback showed that legroom and headroom are generous, even for six-footers; though seating three abreast in the rear will be a bit of a squeeze.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Aura Launched In India; Prices Start At ₹ 5.80 lakh

Hyundai Aura, the all-new subcompact sedan from the South Korean carmaker has been launched in India, priced at ₹ 5.80 Lakh to 9.22 lakh (ex-showroom, India). Based on the Hyundai Grand i10 Nios, the new Aura is essentially the new-gen model avatar of the Hyundai Xcent. The Hyundai Aura will co-exist with the Xcent similar to the Grand i10 Nios and the old-gen Grand i10, and the car will be offered in five key variants, offered in six colour options. The Aura competes with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Dzire and even the Honda Amaze.

Inside, the car gets a cabin identical to the Grand i10 Nios, with a similar light-themed dashboard and a touchscreen infotainment system featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Other features include push-button engine start-stop function, Automatic climate control, premium fit-and-finish, among others. The safety features include dual airbags, with ABS and EBD, along with seatbelt reminder and ISOFIX child seat mounts as standard. The car also gets rear parking camera with sensors, keyless entry, high-speed alert, speed sensing door lock and impact sensing door unlock function among others.

kpt17te8_hyundai-aura-launched-in-india-prices-start-at-rs-579-lakh_625x300_21_January_20.jpg

Read:

Top Bottom