Hyundai Accent: Technical Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #1
Dear All,

i am new to this forum.i need some information.i do have Hyundai accent GLS car.this is almost 8years old,used around 72000 km till now,It is in good condtion too.

now ,i need to know the below information.

1.how many more years still i can use this.
2.what all parts i need to take care of,while i go for serviceing(give me part names which require to clean up or check up every 3months or 6months)
3.what is the accent capacity,like can i use it for 120,000KM - 140,000KM ?

Thanks.

Re: Hyundai Accent - Technical Suggestions.

Welcome to TAI

i do have Hyundai accent GLS car.this is almost 8years old,used around 72000 km till now,It is in good condtion too.
Congrats for your vehicle that it served (and serves) in good condition for past 8 years

1.how many more years still i can use this.
3.what is the accent capacity,like can i use it for 120,000KM - 140,000KM
Vehicle life depends on how you use it and maintain it. I have seen many Accents with more than 150000 on odo running fine without any major issues, where as there are few Accents which sheltered in scrap / junk yards before they reach 75k km.
Well maintained Korean work horse should serve you for atleast another 75k km.

2.what all parts i need to take care of,while i go for serviceing(give me part names which require to clean up or check up every 3months or 6months)
For regualr maintenance check clean the brakes, top up / change the consumables, wheel alignment, etc.

For your car (with 70k+ km) do check the suspension bushes, wheel bearings, steering tie rod (ball joint), brake disc, clutch plate (regarding the engine parts, I'm not quite sure about them)

Re: Modified i10 Sportz Kappa 1.2 VTVT

Experts, sorry for asking different question, I have accent viva crdi 2006, smoke and lill oil coming out from dipstic, suspecting engine overhaul. Pls let me know How much cost and best service station at chennai or bangalore.

Re: Difference Between CRDI and GLE in Hyundai Cars?

Hi, all,

I had an issue with my car nowadays with my Accent CRDI 2003 as soon as I cross 110 km/h steering start bubbling like anything[cry]. Asked a local mechanic he changed the front wheel bearings and done the wheel alignment again perfectly, the tyres are bit new. Is it bcoz of the control arm.

Hi, all,

I had an issue with my car nowadays with my Accent CRDI 2003 as soon as I cross 110 km/h steering start bubbling like anything[cry]. Asked a local mechanic he changed the front wheel bearings and done the wheel alignment again perfectly, the tyres are bit new. Is it bcoz of the control arm.
Years ago, my earlier Matiz had "steering wobbling issue" between 80 and 90 kph. A simple WA and WB sorted it. Posting just for info.

Guys, can anybody please tell me about Verna Crdi VGT?? Me and my uncle went to Ahemdabad from Jodhpur it is a 495km journey which was coveres in 6.30 hours, we cruised at a speed of 140kmph and while overtaking we also crossed 160kmph. The car was fine and stable even at 140kmph. Suspension was really great. Does anybody have any info about this car my uncle brought it second hand in good condition.

All hyundai diesel engines have high performance ,as its turbo is tuned in such a way so that the lag compensates the power surge in it delivers.But issue is due to such a tuning ,the turbo konks off (Mostly by spirited driving,shifting at 3k RPM or above ).I prefer anyways for powerful performance drive-Hyundai .
Hyundai cars generally have bad reputation in Steering handling (Weight issue,though hyundai is improving in that )

Regarding main post -
Accent CRDi, is known for the following issues-Power steering oil seal wearing out ,and the steering becomes faulty.
Suspension issues
Diesel engine (Engine overhaul needed for those above 50kkm)

I say the fault doesn't entirely depends on its brand ,but also with our fuel quality.
Hyundai cars are for those who plan to keep car for 5 years/50kkm and then buy another.
Its not one who plan to keep for longer periods.

Top Bottom