Hyosung GT650R and ST7 Officially Launched

I wonder who would go for these bikes as there are better and more established brands available for similar amounts of money in the Ninja 650 and the Harley Super Low. Garware Motors initially had the field all to itself but Bajaj and Harley decided to barge in and spoil its party. The success of these products would now depend on price corrections, quality of bikes and quality of after sales service provided by Garware motors. Frankly, I'm not very hopeful.

I wonder who would go for these bikes as there are better and more established brands available for similar amounts of money in the Ninja 650 and the Harley Super Low. Garware Motors initially had the field all to itself but Bajaj and Harley decided to barge in and spoil its party. The success of these products would now depend on price corrections, quality of bikes and quality of after sales service provided by Garware motors. Frankly, I'm not very hopeful.
All three bikes mentioned by you cater to diff segments...
GT650R- Superbike
Ninja 650 (Indian version) - touring/superbike
HD Super Low -cruiser...

So it depends on the buyer as to what is looking for

All three bikes mentioned by you cater to diff segments...
GT650R- Superbike
Ninja 650 (Indian version) - touring/superbike
HD Super Low -cruiser...

So it depends on the buyer as to what is looking for
I think you have just reflected what I wanted to say. the GT 650R has direct competition from the Ninja 650 and the ST7 is directly versus the harley Super low/Iron 883. Isn't it?

Thread Starter #39

AMG

Suspended
Comparing the ninja and the hyosung is like comparing Karizma ZMR and R15

Thread Starter #40

AMG

Suspended
maybe you do not know, so let me tell you: hyosung uses a suzuki 650 engine.

In a comparison by Motor Cycle News, which is the most reliable auto mag in UK, the ninja finished first, the hyosung second and the suzuki third.

The ninja won the test, but by a whisker.

And the magazine said that there was nothing wrong with the build quality of hyosung.

It would be more appreciated if you research your facts next time.

maybe you do not know, so let me tell you: hyosung uses a suzuki 650 engine.
I know this but I wonder how many prospective Hyosung buyers in India know of this.

In a comparison by Motor Cycle News, which is the most reliable auto mag in UK, the ninja finished first, the hyosung second and the suzuki third.
Agreed. I have seen a video of that review. But as you would also know, motorcyclists in Europe are a much more informed and exposed lot than their brethren in India. 650cc bikes are considered entry level bikes on which they hone their skills before moving on to proper litre class motorcycles. Here, 650 cc is big news. And for someone who is spending around 5 lakhs on a motorcycle, what would matter more here is the brand and the image (bragging rights) that the motorcycle would project rather than outright power/handling. And that is sadly, what Hyosungs cannot provide. Let's see the fate of these motorcycles in India three years down the line vis-a-vis their Japanese counterparts.

The ninja won the test, but by a whisker.
Buying a motorcycle is much more than just about which motorcycle stood at which position in which comparison test by which magazine. It makes very little difference as buying a motorcycle is an intensely personal decision.

And the magazine said that there was nothing wrong with the build quality of hyosung.
If you read the road test of the GT650 in any Indian auto magazine, all of them have expressed their doubts on the quality of plastics and general fit and finish of the motorcycle.

It would be more appreciated if you research your facts next time.
I appreciate your concern and am similarly sanguine that readers of this, or any other forum should get unbiased, scientific, well researched and objective information that should lead to spreading of the right word about any automobile/automobile manufacturer.
Amen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hyosung is planning to reenter in the 250cc bike segment. The bike will be priced in INR 1.5-2 lakhs and the smaller capacity variant of the GT650R will retain the V-Twin engine configuration of the GT650R. Hyosung’s quarter litre bike has a DOHC layout and fuel injection. The motor produces a peak power of 29 Bhp and a maximum peak power of 22 Nm.

Motoriods

Garware Adds its First Female Super Biker

Garware Adds its First Female Super Biker[clap]

How would you feel when a normal looking woman zips past you on the big bulbous Hyosung ST7. That is going to happen at least to many folks of in Pune when Priyanka Dangi would be flying his monster cruiser across Pune and its outskirts.

Priyanka Dangi, a student of St Mira’s College and resident of Pune has just bought the Hyosung ST7 Royale to fulfill her desire of owning a BIG bike. On the occasion, Priyanka said, “I am very happy to purchase this world class bike from Hyosung’s stable and I did not consider any other brand knowing the fact that Garware Motors will provide the best of the class product and services. It has always been my dream to one the ST 7 and now I do own one”

Instances like this do imbibe that confidence and the upcoming of the fairer sex and give a tough competition to what is predominantly called as a male dominated interest. Anyways, wish Priyanka a fantastic ride and wish our market and our roads get better so that we get to see more of similar instances.

Garware Adds its First Female Super Biker

Attachments

Top Bottom