Hydraulic Engine Mounts in Figo?

Thread Starter #1
2 days back i testdrove both petrol and diesel figo's. the diesel is the one that impressed me a lot. the only problems that i found is that the engine shaked a lot while starting and stopping. the engine sound also seemed to be on a higher side. both these are on comparison with fiesta. then i got a news that figo is using rubber engine mounts, while fiesta uses hydraulic engine mounts and hence the shaking and noise. so is there any way that i can change thbe rubber engine mounts in figo with the hydraulic ones used in fiesta?

Thread Starter #3
i am not sure about hydraulic engine mounts. thought u guys could shed some light on this. but from what i heard diesel engines are usually mounted with hydraulic ones. atleast in fiesta. isnt it so?

I dont think engine mounts are something that we can change. The car would have been designed to adhere to certain specifications. If they could, they would have added the hydraulic mounts in the first place. Figo has missed out in this area, one of the very few gray areas.

I too, feel the the engine noise is a little bit on the higher side but once you rev the engine, it does not make its way into the the cabin.
As the engine refines, the sound will also come down and not to mention the reduction in vibrations.

Really speaking, the vibrations are only during starting and stopping. But, of late, I have observed that these vibrations are also reducing slowly. So I am sure it will get to an acceptable state soon.

Thread Starter #5
@jammy. i dont think they used rubber mounts inorder to adhere to certain specifications. it was just a matter of cost cutting. we cant blame ford for that because of the price they are giving the car for. hydraulic mounts used in fiesta may be a luxury at the given price.

What I meant was that they have gone for rubber mounts as part of their design. The design was based on cost cutting ideas, no doubt. Hence it will not be possible to just replace the rubber mounts with hydraulic ones as that will affect the design of other components around it.

It might be true that instead of hydraulic mounts, rubber mounts are installed in Figo due to price consideration. The hydraulic mounts are not costly though. My friend & I consulted with the sales guy at the Ford showroom and as per him Fiesta Hydraulic Mounts costs 2500 bucks only.

On asking whether we can replace the Figo rubber mounts with Fiesta Hydraulic mounts, he got a little perplexed and after thinking (something [:D]) he said "NO". I am not sure whether he was correct because of the lack of confidence show by him. Planning to visit another Ford showroom tomorrow and this is already on the list of my doubts.

Will update once I get some more information.

Figo and Fiesta are both nosiy. Diesel rattle is very prominent in the cabin.

but hydraulic engine mount just lowers the engine vibration. It has nothing to do with diesel clatter.

It is confirmed now that Figo rubber mounts cannot be replaced by Fiesta Hydraulic mounts. I got confirmed this second time and with the other SR of a different showroom. This time the reply was firm unlike the first time when the reaction of the SR was first shocked, second bewildered and third negative. Good to see that SR is honing their knowledge of the machine they are selling.

Top Bottom