Hyderabad To Coimbatore - Road Trip in Nov 2012

Thread Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I am planning to drive to coimbatore from Hyderabad during November for diwali holidays. I googled and binged to find information / guidance for information on
- places to take a break between hyderabad to bangalore (bangalore to hyderabad as well)
- good food especially - lunch [thinking]

my plan is to start from Hyd (with my friend) by around 3 PM and reach bangalore to halt then start from there next day early morning and reach coimbatore for lunch :).

Return trip is more important for me as I will be travelling with my wife and 1 year old son. And plan will be to start early morning from Bangalore and reach Hyderabad before evening. I might have to take lots of breaks to give rest to my kid.

It would help if any of the members here have done this route and can suggest a good place for lunch and to take a break as well.

Thanks, Karthik

Hi Karthik,

I did stretch during 2007 when I trip from Hyderabad to Kanyakumari. But those days the Hyderabad - Bangalore road was not so good, but these days it is beautiful 4-lane where I know some people who finished it within 7-8 hours !!

I heard that there are some good food joints between kunool-Nandyal which exactly half way from bangalore - hyderabad so same place can be used on both ways. It is always better to start early from Bangalore to avoid the rush hours during 8 to 10 am. So if you start between 5-7am would be very good and you can easily reach between 3-4 pm to Hyderabad.

Since it is 4-lane now, bit careful with other vehicles as every body drive 100+ on this[:)]

Hi Karthik,

From Bangalore I can guide you to Coimbatore.

From Devanahalli (International Airport) take Hoskote road instead of going to hebbal and then driving through the city traffic.

My suggested route from Bangalore outer is

Devanahalli - Hoskote - Sarjapur - Attible - Hosur.
(or from Sarjapur - Bagalur - Hoosur - No traffic literally and you can avoid a toll + truck traffic. The roads are in good shape, but advise you to take this route while day time, not during night, as help will be less in case of emergencies)

If you are planning to stay in Bangalore, I suggest you to stay in Bangalore, rather driving to Hosur or beyond, as there are less decent stays.

From Hosur - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem - Avinashi - Coimbatore.

If you are travelling to northern part of Coimbatore

Hosur - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Thoppur - Take a right towards Mettur - Anthiyur - Sathyamangalam - Annur - Coimbatore.

From Thoppur it is state highways but in a good condition almost 90%. Traffic will be nil or less during early hours, but you can expect traffics from Sathyamangalam.

If you travelling to south part of Coimbatore,

From Salem - Avinashi - Naalampur and take the L&T Toll road towards Ernakullam. You will reach near Eechanari / Karupagam College.

Do let me know, if you need more help.

Thread Starter #5
Hi Karthik,

From Bangalore I can guide you to Coimbatore.

From Devanahalli (International Airport) take Hoskote road instead of going to hebbal and then driving through the city traffic.

My suggested route from Bangalore outer is

Devanahalli - Hoskote - Sarjapur - Attible - Hosur.
(or from Sarjapur - Bagalur - Hoosur - No traffic literally and you can avoid a toll + truck traffic. The roads are in good shape, but advise you to take this route while day time, not during night, as help will be less in case of emergencies)

If you are planning to stay in Bangalore, I suggest you to stay in Bangalore, rather driving to Hosur or beyond, as there are less decent stays.

From Hosur - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem - Avinashi - Coimbatore.

If you are travelling to northern part of Coimbatore

Hosur - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Thoppur - Take a right towards Mettur - Anthiyur - Sathyamangalam - Annur - Coimbatore.

From Thoppur it is state highways but in a good condition almost 90%. Traffic will be nil or less during early hours, but you can expect traffics from Sathyamangalam.

If you travelling to south part of Coimbatore,

From Salem - Avinashi - Naalampur and take the L&T Toll road towards Ernakullam. You will reach near Eechanari / Karupagam College.

Do let me know, if you need more help.
Hi rekharam,

Thanks for the reply. I would try the route from Bangalore via Hoskote to Hosur instead of going through the city.

I would be going to south coimbatore so it would be the Salem - Avinashi Nilambur and L&T Highways to reach my destination. I generally take this route when I drive from Chennai.

This time its going to be close to a 950kms drive from HYD to CBE :)

Top Bottom