Hunt For a Car Begins Now! (Bought Mahindra Scorpio)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hunt For a Car Begins Now!

Oh yes,how I forgot Corolla?
This car can give you a chance to get the Honda City from your father.Just get one Corolla,get your father seated on its rear seat with a chauffeur and from the very same day he will start feeling something missing int he City.

I own a D-4D and being true this car is lighter than City on the pocket,gives great FE,a very silent engine being a diesel,good ride and acceptable driving dynamics and the maintenance price is lower than even the City.Overall after seeing and owning the car without my wish,I have started loving it.Although quite underpowered but still its the best overall package of the lot.

Else go for the TSi,you can get one at quite low price and this is the car which will always keep a smile planted on your face whenever you will press the gas.Else go for a Civic,there are a lot of good cars available in used car market.This is also a true driver's car.
And at last,'agar kuch bhi accha na lage toh'..go for a Fiesta Classic 1.6 SXi,chhoti keemat..bada MAZAA..

Thread Starter #17

lxi.

Suspended

GUYS- Update-
Dad said a Big NO for a used car. He said - Do you remember the octavia? Actually we had to sell it as it gave problems in the first year itself. Instead, Got city V MT.
Dad said- If we will buy, We will buy a corolla Altis (NEW) oonly.
Since, Our neighbours cousin, brought a Corolla Altis in golden shade with chrome all over it. Didnt noted the model. It had chrome garnish in Rear number plate and chrome on corners of the grill (Borders of the grill). It was not having the Fog lamps and had Wheel covers only. My dad (As the CAR MIND started in his brain), said that, I will take the Corolla and take it to office. Rest, The city, Bro can take it. Bro agreed. (As corolla had the gorgeous looks and not killer like the city, No OFFENCE). So heres it. This coming weekend, we are going to buy the car !. Can you guys tell me which model it would be reffering to the above details? I am sure it would be "J" model but diesel or petrol? This is so that I can start a research on the Internet. Very happy now!

Won't you be bored of having another city at home? the killer looks in sedans segment is definitely Verna, try for that know?

If your brother likes taking it to college then Scorpio VLX will be great too.
Yep, So getting the corolla. The Verna is not the Fluidic one buddy. It is simple old one. The SUV scorpio is reminding me of POLITICAL feelings! Cant help. Also, A 7 Seater for use of 1 person doesnt make sense.

You can very well go for the Laura TSI. Its a hoot to drive but a bit low on features .
Or a Cruze which ticks every single requirement for a college goer! [glasses]
Buddy. Buddy, With 12L budget, I can neither get laura, not Cruze![cry]
Also, The money saved will be used on ICE, Accessories and most importantly, FUEL! So, The Cheaper, the BETTER!

IMHO, Corolla would be a best bet rest is up to your brother he may have final say best of luck for your search.
Thanks buddy. Going for it now. Our neighbours cousin, brought a Corolla Altis in golden shade with chrome all over it. Didnt noted the model. It had chrome garnish in Rear number plate and chrome on corners of the grill (Borders of the grill). It was not having the Fog lamps and had Wheel covers only. My dad liked it very much and is impressed with the gorgeous looks!So heres it. This coming weekend, we are going to buy the car and it will be at home![thumbsup]. Can you guys tell me which model it would be reffering to the above details? I am sure it would be "J" model but diesel or petrol? This is so that I can start a research on the Internet. Wil appreciate your Help!

@Aviral- Buddy, My dad has already finalised on Corolla. So, If i say anything, He will give a NO for a new car :(.
So, its better to say that - "JO MIL RAHAA HAI, US SE KHUSH RAHO!"

@TSIVpul- Buddy, Can you post a pic of your car from front and rear end so that i can confirm that my father saw a Diesel one or a petrol one!
Cheers!

Last edited:

GUYS- Update-
Dad said ....

....I am sure it would be "J" model but diesel or petrol? This is so that I can start a research on the Internet. Very happy now!
If your dad uses it daily and if the car runs more than 1000kms a month then its advised to go for a diesel one.

Yep, So getting the corolla. The Verna is not the Fluidic one buddy. It is simple old one.
Oh you thought of getting an used Verna?Old Verna has been stopped.

The SUV scorpio is reminding me of POLITICAL feelings! Cant help. Also, A 7 Seater for use of 1 person doesnt make sense.
It only adheres to an well heeled youngsters. You had stated 'Killer Looks'[evil] so gave this option to you.

The diesel Corolla has blackened plastic front grill whereas the petrol one is body colored and the Diesel corolla will have 'D-4D' monogram on the boot.

Well,LXi buddy congrats for making a hassle free choice.Corolla is simply the best overall package and maybe it does not have anything in excess but then it does not have compromise too on anything.

The car your father saw is definitely a 'J' variant in petrol.The diesel will cost nearly equal or more than Cruze also.
My car is here-in my ownership thread..:biggrin:

Thread Starter #20

lxi.

Suspended

Guys, How is the Chevy Cruze LTZ? Is it ok for a self driven car and for a college goer. Dad says the Altis is good but my bro was Sad. He wanted something Beasty and NEW.
So Dad says that he can exceed the price 1-2 L if brother likes the car (He meant, Scorpio).

Now the thing is,
Should I go for Scorpio VLX which will save money and is big also or should I go for Chevy Cruze LTZ? Both are goood and same for my brother in Looks Department.
But Bro is slightly more liking the Scorpio!

Help Guys. Getting a new car this Saturday or Maybe Friday! Will just head to the Showroom and do the full payment there itself! Reason for this is that the topic is being postponed to 5-6 months and also getting some Money after selling a Property!

Cheers!

Well,Lxi buddy,since your brother does not like Corolla the you have the most brutal car or say the 'beast with a bo-tie' or say a diesel rocket-the 'CRUZE'.This car has all bells and whistle to delight any college goer.And when this beast comes in 'black' then it can mesmerize anyone.There is brutal power coupled up with a capable chassis,good ride and handling and comfy cabin especially at the front.Also with all this,you get an extra bonus point of good FE.Only problem is with the rear seat headroom,you can never expect to be as comfortable as even a City on the rear seat.

Rest if you want the comfortable rears eat also,then you may have to make a small compromise on power and looks,then comes the 'OPTRA MAGNUM TCDi' to rescue you.It has got the same 2.0 engine coupled with a FGT as compared to VGT of Cruze.Although power is down by 30 bhp as compared to Cruze,but still performance is quite at par with Cruze.But you get an added advantage of a comfortable and spacious rear seat.Also a black Optra with black alloys,a hood scoop,side skirts and a lip spoiler at the rear looks killer.Here is one somewhere near my house(comes across me daily) and this car really looks killer.
Rest same is with Cruze,with black alloys it also looks killer...Aviral has one..maybe he can post a pic of his car in side profile to show the beauty.

Thread Starter #22

lxi.

Suspended

Nope, The car would'not be Black. Dad doesnt like it.

UPDATE - Good News-
My father's office friend (A really good and close one!) is going to AMerica as his son's business is set up there. He owns a Scorpio VLX in Black and Silver. My dad says that it is very well maintained. Has done 7500 kms and is of March '09.
He is asking Rs.8.2 L for it. Is it ok? I think he is not gonna negotiate! Or should I search for a Cruze LTz? I wanted comfort better or at par with the City. But bit dissapointed :(.
Regarding the Optra , I never liked one and never thought of it. It is too small and thin and tall like a FISH! (No offence to Optra owners). Its just my thinking!

Cheers!

Rest if you want the comfortable rears eat also,then you may have to make a small compromise on power and looks,then comes the 'OPTRA MAGNUM TCDi' to rescue you.It has got the same 2.0 engine coupled with a FGT as compared to VGT of Cruze.Although power is down by 30 bhp as compared to Cruze,but still performance is quite at par with Cruze.But you get an added advantage of a comfortable and spacious rear seat.Also a black Optra with black alloys,a hood scoop,side skirts and a lip spoiler at the rear looks killer.Here is one somewhere near my house(comes across me daily) and this car really looks killer.
Rest same is with Cruze,with black alloys it also looks killer...Aviral has one..maybe he can post a pic of his car in side profile to show the beauty.
Optra is very much dated yaar and moreover many lost the love for its looks.

See live example:
Regarding the Optra , I never liked one and never thought of it. It is too small and thin and tall like a FISH! (No offence to Optra owners). Its just my thinking!

UPDATE - Good News-
My father's office friend (A really good and close one!) is going to AMerica as his son's business is set up there. He owns a Scorpio VLX in Black and Silver. My dad says that it is very well maintained. Has done 7500 kms and is of March '09.
He is asking Rs.8.2 L for it. Is it ok? I think he is not gonna negotiate! Or should I search for a Cruze LTz? I wanted comfort better or at par with the City. But bit dissapointed :(.

Cheers!
Scorp? Well Maintained? 7.5k kms? That smells like a good deal anyway did you drive it? You mentioned that you won't spend more than 5 lakhs for an used car right? What will you do if this one starts loving you?

UPDATE - Good News-

Cheers!
Since it has only done 7500 Kms, it should be in a good condition. So i would say that just take test drive, get it checked by a mechanic and i guess it is under warranty. And for the price try to break it down as much as possible.

Well,I have gone out of choices considering your requirements which are continuously changing,but yes if you like the Scorpio vlx,then get it.Its a quite good car and have a presence too.
Rest,the quoted price is definitely on higher side,just get it below 8 lacs,car is low mileage one,try to get it for 7.8-7.9 lacs or below.If not possible then leave it.
Because its 3 years old vehicle,why not get a new one if you are spending this much on this?

Thread Starter #26

lxi.

Suspended

@Vishwas- Nope buddy, I have never driven it but dad says engine is super smooth and powerful ! But buddy, That was for a sedan. The scorpio is a Beast ! It has started loving me and I have BOUGHT it. Given 5 L, The deal was fixed at 8 L.

@Singh890 - Yes, Sure buddy. But right now the car is not having any niggles or noises, So didn't bother to go to Mechanic. The uncle (Mr. Verma) has reduced the price till 8 L From 8.2 L.

@TSIvipul - Yes, Buddy, I know, Being a Family of 4, and all four have different Choices, It is obvious to have the sudden decision. And, Have bought the car for 8L. It is now with me at home. Buddy, (Read in hindi)Ab 7.9 L dene hi hai toh 10k ke baare me kya sochna!. A new one would cost some 11.5 L. So, SAving 3.5 L and getting just 7549kms old car is Ok. I agree it is a 3 yr old, but just rarely used, just 7k kms, and we plan to keep the car for a long period, So resale doensn't matter.

Anyways, I will be starting an ownership review as soon as possible. Will post the link for you guys. Loving the Beast. Since it is a large car, Feeling feary to take it above 50kmph :)

Cheeers!

Congratulations budd[clap]y, just waiting for the review and pics. That's a nice deal you got.

Congrats Lxi waiting for your Ownership report . Please put as many pictures as possible [clap]

Congrats for purchasing the scorpio lxi.I think you are enjoying a lot on this now.

Anyways, I will be starting an ownership review as soon as possible. Will post the link for you guys. Loving the Beast. Since it is a large car, Feeling feary to take it above 50kmph :)
Hey why are you feared to take it beyond 50kmph? That thing shows awesome power after 50kmph and you will actually enjoy riding it!

Finally Welcome to the Hawk gang lxi.

Even our member avindu, was looking from i20 to many hatches.

Finally he too settled for Scorpio Vlx.

Looking for some updates in the ownership thread.

As its a 2009 , the alloys would be same as mine, ofcourse the refresh headlamps.

3years and 7500 kms, its insane.[surprise]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom