Hunt For a Car Begins Now! (Bought Mahindra Scorpio)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

lxi.

Suspended
Hello TAI'ns!
In my family, I have currently 2 cars. They are the City V and Alto LXi. My Dad Takes the city to his office and My bro takes the Alto for his college. My bro says that he is feeling that he needs a new car to boast between his friends as he feels alto has a very small stance and its a SMALL car! He asked dad about an upgrade from the alto. Dad said that we will keep the Alto at home for Malls/Market and the NEW CAR will be given to my Bro!
In Super Excitement, we pointed the budget to extreme North at Rs.25 Lakhs for the Fortuner 4X4 Manual[lol]! But, Dad gave a funny, extremely funny, Comment - "khud kamaana khud udaana!". Hehe.
So tighened ourselves and took the budget to Rs.15 Lakhs! And Then thought 15 L for a Sedan! Eek! So, Decided a final budget -
Petrol Sedan - 9 L
Diesel Sedan - 11L
SUV - 13L!
But, Being a Family of 4, We dropped the idea of an SUV!
Parking space was no problem, So A Large sedan could be accomodated here.

Here are the REQIUREMENTS-
1. Mileage and Fuel Type Dont matter! (Monthly running is very low- Some 500 kms)
2. Should Be spacious! (Highest Priority)
3. Should have the killer looks at killer price (Below 11L)
4. Decent A.S.S. and Dealership Network

Thats All.

According to the Requirements, We suggested to Bro-
Dad - Corolla Altis 1.8 J Manual
Mom - Mahindra Scorpio VLX(She liked the Black Colour)
Me- Bro, Chevy Cruze LTZ!
Bro - Got confused and said - Second hand car is also OK. What about a preLOVED Verna or City?(His friends were selling both the cars)

Now, Thanks for wasting your time reading this boring post![frustration]

Now Please Pour in your Suggestions-
We are buying the car immediately as we get the Answer!
The discussion had started long back in Dec'11!

Cheers!

Re: Hunt For A Car Begins Now!

After seeing your budget and other requirements i would say go for the Cruze if you want to buy a new one.
And if you are getting a pre-owned verna or City, than honestly buddy both the cars are good. But the older version verna has kinda out-dated looks both outside and interiors(no offense to verna owners, just my personal thoughts), so again i am would be leaning more to City.
But what are the price you have been quoted for both the pre-owned cars, will be one of the major factors.

Thread Starter #4

lxi.

Suspended

Thanks for the reply guys.
@Shailinder- Yes, I have a new city v mt. We will be getting a used one most probably.

@singh890- Buddy, We have given a big YES to the city of my Bro's Friend. My bro's friend has a Honda City GXi (Average condition, No large dents, Just scratches) 2008 September, done some 49000 kms which he is selling for 440000Rs. I hope that he will reduce till 420000. Is it an ok deal?

Another friend has a Verna (Old one)VGT SX Crdi(Without ABS), April 2007 model, done some 58000kms has a few dents at the rear and once has been rear ended by Tata 407. He is qouting Rs. 482000 and it can be reduced till 450000, i hope!

Cheers.
Waiting for your advice!

Thanks for the reply guys.
@Shailinder- Yes, I have a new city v mt. We will be getting a used one most probably.

@singh890- Buddy, We have given a big YES to the city of my Bro's Friend. My bro's friend has a Honda City GXi (Average condition, No large dents, Just scratches) 2008 September, done some 49000 kms which he is selling for 440000Rs. I hope that he will reduce till 420000. Is it an ok deal?

Another friend has a Verna (Old one)VGT SX Crdi(Without ABS), April 2007 model, done some 58000kms has a few dents at the rear and once has been rear ended by Tata 407. He is qouting Rs. 482000 and it can be reduced till 450000, i hope!

Cheers.
Waiting for your advice!
Dude Rear Ended Verna, out of the league. I mean it has a accident history, so i wouldn't even bother to think about it.
And coming back to City, try getting the price as close as possible to 4L. Should be a good deal near 4L .

If you are considering pre owned cars also, then go for a Laura. There are several of them avaialble at attractive prices.

L&K automatic in black colour will be a great choice.

Well,LXi buddy considering your requirements and very low running,why don't you people go for a used Civic M/T.In Delhi they are available for very less price.Or try to search for a Laura TSi for yourself.Diesel enjoys quite good resale value in Delhi but Laura petrol is available at quite low prices.Only issue is that since only specific buyers who want a TSi buy a TSi and hence they are not easily available in used car market.

Just have a look at the cars available at Mahindra First choice,some are priced high,but then some are priced quite well like a 2010 Safari VX 4X4 with less than 30 k kms on odo for about 9 lacs(you can bargain and bring them quite down too).You can find some good Civics there with a 1 year warranty too.There is a long list of them available here..

Thread Starter #11

lxi.

Suspended
Re: Hunt For a Car Begins Now!

Thanks for the replies guys. I have to clarify one thing which i forgot before.
Its done that we are getting used car and with 11L budget we can buy a new cae, So the used car is not a penny more than 4.5-5L.

And a good news, My bro's friend, (Who owns the city and now upgraded to Chevy Cruze LTZ ! [:)]) says that he can reduce the price till 4,15,000. Not a rupee more than that. Is it Ok. Now I went to his home to check out his car. In exterior, He has repaired all the major dents and some scratches were visible on the front bumper. The rear was like a new car. The car was well maintained and clean! Sat inside and started the car. It started in the first try. I had a Skoda Octy which needed to be tried twice for "Vroom Vroom". Drove some 5-7kms in city and ride felt ok. The tyres were a bit worn out but would manage another 5000 kms easily. There were no major noises in the car. So, Have almost finalised the deal. Will ask Dad and show him the car. If he says Yes, Then YESS!

Won't you be bored of having another city at home? the killer looks in sedans segment is definitely Verna, try for that know?

If your brother likes taking it to college then Scorpio VLX will be great too.

You can very well go for the Laura TSI. Its a hoot to drive but a bit low on features .
Or a Cruze which ticks every single requirement for a college goer! [glasses]

IMHO, Corolla would be a best bet rest is up to your brother he may have final say best of luck for your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom