How Would You React To See Your Car Model As Taxi in Market?

Your Car Model As Taxi. Wot?

• Total voters
i choose options 3 and 4. Seeing the car i own as a taxi would make me feel that the car i own is indeed reliable and cheap to run and maintain. If i would have taken my car just to flaunt around id sell the car and get something better.

Well,I wanted to select all five points as feelings continuously keep changing but I have selected points 3 and 4 as it really does not make any effect on the buying decision for me if car is in taxi market.
I have already owned an Innova and have seen sometimes people waving their hands for lift many times I gave too with a slight smile and Corolla D-4D is also serving well in taxi market but what makes both of these cars even more special is that THEIR RELIABILITY IS PROVED BY THIS.If someone says that this car is in taxi market then I happily reply "That means this car is very much reliable and good for long term ownership" and people simply agree with me.

As 350Z mentioned that everybody likes to be out of the commoners. This is one of the reasons, people modify their cars to be different from the others. So, it is a matter of sorrow at least of my opinion that my brand becomes a taxi brand.

Become happy because spare parts won’t be an issue in future.
voted for this cause after my first palio and now lancer waiting for spare is the horrible thing in owing a car that too in a small towns like ours.
I would choose options 3 and 4. With more popularity and more sales we can be sure of spares availability for a long time.
Please try to undestand,
Taxi driver s handle the cars so roughly that the car require frequent heavy maintenance work ,(such as suspension, color, clutch plates , body and much more) that the indian car companies are not daring to offer them warranties and extended warranties at a cost , which are offered to individual owner , many times free of cost.

Also demand for spares from taxi segment is so high that the availability of spares becomes a problem for us.
Also insurance pollicies for taxi are less covering and attract high premium.

One good thing is that whenever you want to sell your old car having taxi image, you get ready market and easy deal (compare h city vs indigo)

It won't matter to me at all to be true. In last few months l have seen lots of 1.4 Crdi Verna as taxi. Basically the rising petrol car bought the change. Now car hiring company buying 1.4 base Verna as its more economical for them and they change you a little extra cause it's good to hire a car with such amazing looks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Would You Like Seeing Your Car As Taxi in Market?

I choose other. Lets see an example here ford falcon is used as a taxi but its the base version and most people who go for the falcon (very popular aussie car) get the better versions. But the finally thing is if its a good car, looks good then there is nothing wrong in the car you have also being a taxi car.
Right answer bro

Exactly if you know a car is good and reliable why not ?

Well in my IMO it has both good part as well as a bad part. Like it is said, There is always two side of a coin. I would definitely want my car to be outstanding and different from others, especially from taxis. But then on the other hand it is good because you won't have to wait/worry about the spare parts and Service Stations.

Please try to undestand,
Taxi driver s handle the cars so roughly that the car require frequent heavy maintenance work ,(such as suspension, color, clutch plates , body and much more) that the indian car companies are not daring to offer them warranties and extended warranties at a cost , which are offered to individual owner , many times free of cost.

Also demand for spares from taxi segment is so high that the availability of spares becomes a problem for us.
Also insurance pollicies for taxi are less covering and attract high premium.

One good thing is that whenever you want to sell your old car having taxi image, you get ready market and easy deal (compare h city vs indigo)
May be car companies will hesitate to give warranty to taxis but own board will definitely get enough warranty .
About spares if there is high demand the availability will definitely will become better and due to competition between spares manufactures price will come down ( I think you know most of the spares are nor manufactured by the car company buy other small companies ) . Had witnessed it lot of times.
Insurance is high for taxis only not for cars which own board cars of the same brand & model.
I think you misunderstood the topic .[confused]

I wanted to say that taxi image is win-win situation.

Also it is easier to get experienced chauffeurs, for our own expensive car, from taxi segment.

BTW, it took 15 days for a manza bumper to reach, reason many manza taxis already in que, thanks to reckless driving.

Photo0156.jpg

Surprise to see Manza as taxi car in chennai.
This one taken by me few months ago and after that instant never seen any Manza taxi. Though the TATA not let the Manza for Taxi segment, then how it is possible? anyone kindly clarify as i am not aware much regarding Taxi registration.

View attachment 42205

Surprise to see Manza as taxi car in chennai.
This one taken by me few months ago and after that instant never seen any Manza taxi. Though the TATA not let the Manza for Taxi segment, then how it is possible? anyone kindly clarify as i am not aware much regarding Taxi registration.
Tata's have now allowed Manza to sell in taxi market. Once they decide the same for Nano, you will find Nano cabs as well. One of my friend who is is transport business said that in coming year, he plans to sell his Indigo XL & buy Manza Aqua QJet as cab. Besides regular cab cars like Tavera, Innova etc. he also owns Optra, Corolla & City in taxi.

Coming back to this topic, in Pune I have seen BMW 7 Series, Merc E Class as taxis. Even Hotel Le Meridian has Merc Viano as their vehicle to pick & drop guests. However, this doesn't mean that Mercs become taxis.

If the ratio of private:taxi is 1:2 like indica or 1:1, I won't buy that car at all. The ratio should be something like 50:1 so as to buy one.

Here is a link showing list and rates of cars available as a taxi in pune it includes Jaguar!
www.girikandcars.com/chauffeur driv cars.
I have seen a manza ' cool cab' mumbai's authorised AC taxi, with silver top and blue colored body, at NIBM Pune.

:agree: with S class on ratio of pvt. Car : taxi, will determine the emotional damage to the car owner .

Last edited:
1, I won't buy that car at all. The ratio should be something like 50:1 so as to buy one.
One way to maintain the favourable ratio is to buy a ' driver's car' i.e. which has more driver comfort & safty feature s as compared to rear seat, just like 350 z's ford fiesta.[drive]
IMO, fiesta rear seat is little uncomfy for 6 feeter family members, rear comfy manza is bound to go to taxi segment compouned by its cheap spares .

@350 z, please correct me, if I am wrong.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #44

350Z

Core Team
@350 z, please correct me, if I am wrong.
Ford Fiesta Classic is also quite favourite amongst cab operators in Delhi. It is not the most spacious car on rear seat but I think its fuel efficiency and reliability has played an important role here.

Drive Safe,
350Z

@350 z, but yours is sxi , I haven't seen a single sxi as a taxi. So choosing a varient also plays a role in maintaining pvt: taxi ratio.

Additional varient logo really saves pvt. owner from emotional damage.IMO.

Top Bottom