How Tough it is For Females To Drive in India.

Parul, You did not understand what I was trying to say. Pulsar is launched purely look at a segment that is Youth who want to ride really faster and faster, so for them it is meant to cruise and to go slow like you and me[:)]

Any bike or car can be driven as slow as 5 kmph if some body like to do so, but Pulsar is targeted for the customers who really want to cruise like 100 kmph in few seconds and which is not possible with HH splendor or same category of bike.

@Amtidumti:Buddy I second you.Every point mentioned by you is 100% correct.

@Parul:Is you Activa having RVMs?You are yet to answer his question of mine.

@Gurrala:Its not only youth,you must say youth+confident handling of Pulsar are responsible for the speed we ride it at.A Pulsar always seem lifeless if its below 60 kph for 150,70 kph for 180 and below 80 kph for 220.None else.

Thread Starter #63
@TSI:I don't think I need to answer that question.Now it looks like you are just trying to find out some faults so that you can again jump in the ring.
Yes I agre with you on the Pulsar point.

We never flee,women drivers never flee the scene like some creep instead [surprise]we always stop at the scene and try our best to provide the best of the help we can.Nor we are heartless enough to let anyone die on the road just because the person came in front of our car.
Bangalore cops search for woman SUV driver in hit-and-run | NDTV.com

Bangalore: The Bangalore police is hunting for a woman who was driving an SUV that ran over a man sleeping on a pavement. The police believes she was drunk.

On Sunday night, Nagaraj was among a group of labourers who decided to sleep out in the open on a main road at Kamanahalli in east Bangalore. Nagaraj, in his early 20s, had moved to Bangalore from a village in North Karnataka to make a living as a construction worker. He had just found out that his wife had delivered a baby boy and was planning to return to his village, Raichur, on Monday.

Shivyogi was lying near him on Sunday night. "An SUV ran over us at around 12.30 am," he said. Some of the others sleeping there also received minor injuries.
The Toyota Fortuner was abandoned by its driver. The police have identified a young girl as the driver.

I too ride a Pulsar that also balck and 220cc but I have RVMs and they are always opened:-
View attachment 58687
Vipul time to change the tyres of your Pulsar, with immediate effect.

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
It seems that this thread is taking a different direction altogether. As Iron Rock said earlier, let us understand the topic of discussion is not male vs female drivers. We should rather appreciate ParC for expressing her earnest views about the problems she often faces as a female driver in India. Sad but it is the truth, which is the case with several other women folks in our nation. Even though certain points might feel exaggerated and are avoidable but each statement holds truth to an extent. At the end of the day, it is a fact that women are still often discriminated in some parts of India whether it is about education or activities like driving. Unfortunately, Gender discrimination is a serious social evil. Just an odd ‘perception’ that still needs to be eradicated from the minds of several Indians.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #66
Thanks a lot 350Z sir for understanding my points as they are.

Today I faced one more such instance:
I have been driving Safari today and when I reached Mahindra dealership then the sales person asked me "Madam have you bought this Safari"?
I simply replied "No,I am still thinking weather to go for Safari or XUV 500".
Sales person then told me "Madam,don't buy this car,even our Bolero is also more powerful than this".
I asked him how?
He said "Madam you don't know,this car is just 2200cc and Bolero is 2500cc and Safari is not that strong too".
I said okay,Tata people never told it to me.
Then he said "Madam actually girls don't think so much and hence no one tells them completely".
Hearing this I was shocked,after that I did a 11 kms long test drive of XUV 500 again and returned back to my home,while during whole test drive he kept on telling me that how XUV is good for girls.

Why it is so that wherever women go to buy any car or two wheeler then sales people try to con them saying "This is best for you madam or this offer is just for you madam"??[frustration]

Chill ParC. He was just trying to sell his product. Had you been a guy, he would have given "n" reasons how XUV is good for guys.

Thread Starter #68
@Nozzle
There is a difference in how a person is saying the same thing.
Being a girl,they always try to hide half of the facts.
When i told the guy that XUV owners are complaining about the cars his response was "Guys drive fast but girls drive very slow,so only guys get the complains".
I wish you can find some weird logic here!!

@Nozzle
There is a difference in how a person is saying the same thing.
Being a girl,they always try to hide half of the facts.
When i told the guy that XUV owners are complaining about the cars his response was "Guys drive fast but girls drive very slow,so only guys get the complains".
I wish you can find some weird logic here!!
OK, Yes Parul, your weird logic understood, but spare that poor fellow who just know that kind of marketing other than impressing the customers with the technical stuff and other features. This is a common trend going on in the country, because, they do not find too many female buyers asking the details like you. So keep your effort on by asking them all the technical stuff to the sales guys wherever you go, either they will end up learning how to deal with clever female customers are they will employ more knowledgeable females to answer female&male customers[clap]

But I recall a TD I took at a Fiat showroom on Punto, believe me there was a sales lady and I really admire for her driving the Punto and showing me every feature of it and explaining everything looking at my driving that same car in return. So it shows that lot of females are coming up on the fore front who can do a better job than more males. This is a welcoming thing [:)]

Unfortunately, Gender discrimination is a serious social evil. Just an odd ‘perception’ that still needs to be eradicated from the minds of several Indians.
And once that is done, India can hope to be a truly developed nation. However the percentage of Indians who believe in gender discrimination is rather high.

You're one of the few who are trying to make the difference. Nice to see that.
But in general, he is right when he says, guys drive faster than girls. Thats a general remark. And regarding XUV complaints, you know these sales guys.

Thread Starter #72
@Gurrala74:I must say that the guy at Skoda dealership was really brilliant.He was the same guy who sold the car to TSI and TSI only gave his contact number to my brother.
The way he explained everything very frankly and the way he talked to me also by directly making eye contacts was really very impressive.
I don't know why Tata and Mahindra don't get such sales people.But then as we all know,these companies don't have the customer ground like that of Skoda,Toyota,Volkswagen etc,which definitely have more modern and of course richer customers as compared to the Indian brands.

@Gurrala74:I must say that the guy at Skoda dealership was really brilliant.He was the same guy who sold the car to TSI and TSI only gave his contact number to my brother.
The way he explained everything very frankly and the way he talked to me also by directly making eye contacts was really very impressive.
I don't know why Tata and Mahindra don't get such sales people.But then as we all know,these companies don't have the customer ground like that of Skoda,Toyota,Volkswagen etc,which definitely have more modern and of course richer customers as compared to the Indian brands.
+100, Yes I mentioned about a female sales lady at Fiat as the discussion came up, but yes I have to appreciate one sales guy also who gave me a TD of Laura petrol at Skoda. He was simply superb !!

But at VW, I had a very bad experience.

When asked the sales guy that why I should buy VW Vento, when was taking the TD, then he told me simply" because it is VW ", surprisingly when asked my stupid next question that why there is 5 months waiting period then he replied wisely " because it is VW" [clap]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #74
+100, Yes I mentioned about a female sales lady at Fiat as the discussion came up, but yes I have to appreciate one sales guy also who gave me a TD of Laura petrol at Skoda. He was simply superb !!

But at VW, I had a very bad experience.

When asked the sales guy that why I should buy VW Vento, when was taking the TD, then he told me simply" because it is VW ", surprisingly when asked my stupid next question that why there is 5 months waiting period then he replied wisely " because it is VW" [clap]
Wow,you also test drove the Laura petrol?
Then why haven't you shared your take on the car in the concerned thread?I am having this car in my list at high priority.

And this attitude of "This is a ABC car" is mostly found in Tata and Mahindra dealerships and for the cars Safari and Scorpio.

By the way:Guys how many of you people face the problem of excessive honking if the driver behind come to know who you are?

Last edited:
Wow,you also test drove the Laura petrol?
Then why haven't you shared your take on the car in the concerned thread?I am having this car in my list at high priority.
Parul, I think I mentioned about this car in your other thread which you have posted for your new car decision !![surprise]

OK, I will just tell you my experience with this car in one sentence which is more than enough

" Only wonderful car in all aspects out of all those cars I drove till today even than the diesel BMWs, Audis I drove in Europe " [:)]

Top Bottom