How Tough it is For Females To Drive in India.

You are correct upto a level but don't you think you seems too harsh. But how so ever harsh you are, its a bitter truth we all(boys) face here and there that is why i usually overtake female drivers as soon as it is possible.
Thanks for support buddy,truth is always harsh if its spoken directly.I too overtake the female drivers in no time when I get any space.

you are a true story teller buddy i am convinced, hammering at the right time.
Ah,its my duty to mention the truth as it is.

But we all must agree, what parul has mentioned at least upto a level. I am not trying to be diplomatic, but i find vipul as well as parul correct.
I am also ready to agree Parul to an extent but not completely at all.

@TSI:Don't yeu feel that you are getting a bit too harsh on the topic.I am just keeping my point but you are like making a blunder of them(typical NETA).
Oh thanks,so one more vote confirmed?

@Vivek and Vipul:I never said women drivers are perfect,just what I have mentioned is how many problems are faced by women drivers on our Indian roads.

Let me mention some more points and this time I'll try to be even more honest.

We never flee,women drivers never flee the scene like some creep instead we always stop at the scene and try our best to provide the best of the help we can.Nor we are heartless enough to let anyone die on the road just because the person came in front of our car.

What about the follow ups we face?Nearly every girl who drives in India is facing this issues,guys in bikes or cars following then for kilometers.Don't they have any other work?
Hmm,these points seem to be quite true,I can myself imagine riding my 220 behind an Activa now.But still,I'd say 'TO EACH HIS OWN'.

Every mechanic or petrol pump attendant tries to con us,even the guys who refill air also try to con us saying "Madam valve is retired,we need to replace it".On minor punctures,they say "Madam tube is needed to be replaced".
You need to be strict and the cons will disappear.The "Bhaiyya dekh lo" attitude must be given off and "Oye isse dekh" attitude must be accepted.

We cannon change the flat tyre,but then no one comes to help.Why?Guys have time to sweet talk the girl but not for helping her when she really need it.
Guys are not fools,they rush only when they feel they must.
BTW,I myself have changed tyre for an aunty once and hence won't completely agree on it.

ParC your opinion is respected but lets take a step back and also understand that the fact most men get mobbed and beaten in such situations (even for no fault ) , whilst thats very rare to happen with a women.
Even knowing boxing also doesn't help in such a situation.Right?

Regarding petrol pump attendants and puncture repair guys - happens with everyone not limited to women.
You also need to change your attitude.No more "Bhaiyya 500 ka daal do" any more,from tomorrow "Oye,500 ka daal,woh bhi poora" and see the effect.

Once again appreciate the fact that you are highlighting issues, but lets be pragmatic as well. Lets keep a balanced view rather than a men/women bashing thread.
+1000..[sleep]

I am also ready to agree Parul to an extent but not completely at all.
See Parul, Vipul and i am not against anything, we also understand the situations you face.

You need to be strict and the cons will disappear.The "Bhaiyya dekh lo" attitude must be given off and "Oye isse dekh" attitude must be accepted.
You are correct buddy, this kind of attitude make them con, not even females but also males, though we most of the time manages to overcome the situations because of our attitude and ground knowledge.

Guys are not fools,they rush only when they feel they must.
BTW,I myself have changed tyre for an aunty once and hence won't completely agree on it.
Good buddy, i never have expected this from you. Your attitude doesn't seems like this.

Even knowing boxing also doesn't help in such a situation.Right?
+1000

You also need to change your attitude.No more "Bhaiyya 500 ka daal do" any more,from tomorrow "Oye,500 ka daal,woh bhi poora" and see the effect.
This is the way to deal with these kind of people.

Last edited:
No offence, but could you elaborate how you "learnt to think from their point of view.. ."

a. "Just married"
b. Extended honeymoon made it a late learning
c. New girl in case you are still single
d. Played a mediator to resolve a road accident involving women
Nagging girlfriend.

After watching your deepest debates here, I would like to say one thing

All that you have mentioned about females drivers might happen in North India much, but In south India especially in Hyderabad the 2 wheeler female drivers are little careless but I have not seem them hitting a boy like Vipul and started crying. About 4-wheel female drivers are just more disciplined drivers than males here[:)]

I have been following this HOT thread since long time... Here is my view.

Ideally, it shouldn't be about Male or Female, but about Good & Bad drivers on the road. Can anyone advocate for your own gender that all are good drivers and other group is just the other way and stand with it? You bet?

Instead, we should be discussing about the nonsense happens on the road and how to deal with it. People don't even show the bare minimum respect to each other. Men & Women are indifferent here.

IMO, Male or Female, drive as if you own your car & not the road.

We never flee,women drivers never flee the scene like some creep instead we always stop at the scene and try our best to provide the best of the help we can.Nor we are heartless enough to let anyone die on the road just because the person came in front of our car.
When you say "WE", do you want to represent the entire women community? That may be wrong. You can't advocate for the entire group as the defaulters are present everywhere. Would you be able to justify if someone may point out such an incident by a woman? I feel, the topic is getting more aggressive because of such representation and generalization. Better, be specific about your own personal experiences and advocate yourself.

Every mechanic or petrol pump attendant tries to con us,even the guys who refill air also try to con us saying "Madam valve is retired,we need to replace it".On minor punctures,they say "Madam tube is needed to be replaced".

We cannon change the flat tyre,but then no one comes to help.Why?Guys have time to sweet talk the girl but not for helping her when she really need it.
This is a business gimmick and happens to everyone. I personally have faced such situations many times. In some places, these puncture guys plant nails on the roads to make money. Do they target men or women for that???

@ParC - Though some of the points mentioned by you are valid and practically true, many are generalized and male bashing. This can't lead to a healthy discussion. If you generalize, others will do the same too. Don't expect a different result.

Thread Starter #51
Guys my purpose was to mention all the problems that women drivers face on our roads but it looks like the words I wrote are given a totally different meaning by some members.By the way how many girls are really rash?
I mean you people are telling me about the Activas which are rashly driven by girls and what about those black Pulsar riding boys who ride at 80 kph where they are supposed to ride at 20 kph?

ParC madam,how many girls ride the Activas with RVMs,I too ride a Pulsar that also balck and 220cc but I have RVMs and they are always opened:-
1.JPG

BTW,do you yourself have RVMs installed on your Activa?

@Friends:Thanks for your 'SAMARTHAN' this way I can make 'SARKAR' with 'BAHUMAT'.

Guys my purpose was to mention all the problems that women drivers face on our roads but it looks like the words I wrote are given a totally different meaning by some members.By the way how many girls are really rash?
I mean you people are telling me about the Activas which are rashly driven by girls and what about those black Pulsar riding boys who ride at 80 kph where they are supposed to ride at 20 kph?
Madam Pulsar is made to drive faster and at not at 20kmph !! We cannot help it

Madam Pulsar is made to drive faster and at not at 20kmph !! We cannot help it
From my observation most the youngsters (boys) wants to go on their rides like this and that is too bad ,too disappointing.

Aggression has always proved fatal .the majority of accidents on road is bike accidents and most of them are youngsters (boys).
They end up in hospitals and bed rest for months and start preaching safe riding.

Attachments

Agreed, but we answered you what we think and the real-world scenario, isn't it?

From my observation most the youngsters (boys) wants to go on their rides like this and that is too bad ,too disappointing.

Aggression has always proved fatal .the majority of accidents on road is bike accidents and most of them are youngsters (boys).
They end up in hospitals and bed rest for months and start preaching safe riding.
It was I think a record for accidents with Pulsar when it was launched.

It was equipped with front disc brakes and due to this I remember lot of accidents where youth lost their lives. They were really new do the disc brakes those days.

Most of the youth enjoy buying these bikes with their parents money, so no limit for speed or enjoyment. One who earn and buy something then they will think how to use it !! So hard feelings for youth on this, but I stand by my comments any time

Agreed, but we answered you what we think and the real-world scenario, isn't it?
I think Parc means not answers but how to bring reforms and changes to such low mentality in India.
Even though there are good women drivers in our country but most of the public generalise women as bad drivers which moraly discourage them which may or maynot affect the daily driving behaviour of woman.
i think it is same as while in classroom or in exams if examiner or teacher is standing just behind us we tend to have weird feelings.
Defitly it is a serious matter concerning road safety.

why female drivers are many times nervous or silent or even cry on the roads.
Alright !! We all have our set of problems ,feel nervous or even feel like crying (guys too) but that doesn't mean you drive rashly or stop right in the middle of the road.If you are a nervous person please care for others before taking control of the machine.

From the day I have learnt driving I have been driving myself and have driven in India,Dubai and UK varying from puny Maruti Alto to Mighty Land Cruiser.

This is the wrong attitude,a Alto car is puny for you ? Do you know it has the potential to crush anyone who it hits at a considerable speed.Any machine uncontrolled however small is a threat.Point 1,understand it.

Though at every place I found that males are always more arrogant
SO you agree females are arrogant.

on the roads and drive like the females don’t have any right to drive on the road but in India this is to a ridiculous height.Here it seems like every male thinks like he has a higher priority in terms of road usage and expects the female to take her car off the road just to let him pass.
IF it is more like your feel or you feel people expect,then there is not point discussing it.My parents expected me to become a doctor,I never became but never whined about in public.I am what I am.

• Why so much boundation?Because thanks to guys who are always waiting for a chance.

• Why they think this?Because chauffeur is a male.

• If a guy is nervous,then he may be in some problem but is a girl is nervous then “GIRLS ARE ALWAYS NERVOUS,they do not deserve the steering wheel”.C’mon guys we are nervous,in fact we are scared of you guys.We cannot afford to roam outside for full night,we need a companion if we are driving on an empty road.We cannot afford to give lifts to any person,but this is taken another way.

This is a problem about eve-teasing in India and no connection whatsoever to driving and shouldn't even remotely effect safe driving.To update you ma'm even the fellow women in India face all this today,even without the luxury of the car,get manhandled in the crowd and still work for their living,serve their family and nation.So please don't even make a mention of it.

• If we don’t let anyone pass on an empty stretch then people think that the girl is nonsense,but maybe the girl is comfortable only because there is one more car following her on that stretch.
Would you be happy if someone doesn't allow to overtake you ever at a empty strech or you wan't someone to follow you up as a security guard at speed which you are driving when he/she may have some important assignments at hand ?

Problems did/will exist,what change is needed ? Right,our attitude.Please mind/change it.

I would have been more happy if you could have put a forum for girls for safe driving tips based on your worldwide driving experience and sorry to say not virtually cry on the forum.

Was I biased gender-wise ? I don't think so.

Regards,
Amtidumpti.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okies now end of all these dramas fight... the world best answering machine tells you all. The google itself admits this and you won't find a single such search result abt male drivers. Just telling the fact.:sorry:

Attachments

Thread Starter #60
@Gurrala:Pulsars can be driven even at 2 kph,they are not made to do only speeds above 20 kph.I myself ride a Pulsar 180 occasionally and I know everything about it very well from the engine switch on right hand side to one down-five up gear box as well as how to slowly slowly press the disk brake when one need to brake and how to drive on half clutch depressed on congested streets.
So I can't believe that Pulsars are not made to be driven at 20 kph.

@Vishwas:I completely agree with you,you have mentioned what you people see and I have mentioned what I and my office mates(females) feel.

@Jayadev:I think you got my points as I wanted them to be taken.Though I won't name anyone,but a member or two of them have just changed the meaning of what I wrote and hence there is a difference between what i wrote and what it is taken as.

@Amtidumti:I very well appreciate your points and I must say that you have taken a quite emotional side in replying.I strictly recommend you to meet Mr.TSI.He will understand you very well.

@Manjoo:You made me smile in no time.You are a true deep thinker too.But tell me one point:
If a lady has issue in parking then her video is uploaded on internet saying 'funny'!
Really very FUNNY..
By the way,these are most searched terms and if guys love searching for funny female drivers then what can we do?And yes,if we enter such terms about males then some search results come up which I can't even mention here![lol]

Last edited:

Top Bottom