How To Replace Burnt Out LED Lights??

Thread Starter #1
It has always been on my mind that one day your LED lights are going to stop working. Back in the day when LEDs came out it was mostly used for tail/stop lights, but today you can have a car with LED everything!!

Which makes me ask this question: How do you replace your LEDs when they stop working?

I have 2 cars in the family with LED lights, our Toyota Aurion with LED tail/stop and high mounted stop light and
my VW Passat with LED tail/stop and tail/switch back led turn lights also LED in the mirror side light.

So when your LEDs start to blow does it mean you have to buy a whole new set of tail lights[confused]

You just need good soldering skills to rectify the issue. Pick out the burnt out leds, check the specs, and re-solder the new one and voila, you are done with it.

Hi Zal,

It depends on how the LEDs are connected. I see cars still follow the traditional series connections.

Say a 12V battery can connect 4 LEDs if their working voltage is 3V.

As said, you'll have to find which LED is burned and proper alternative so that it wont mess up. Yes, soldering skill and patience is must [:)]

Top Bottom